9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Searching through the help I can't find what this feature is. When you select a midi event and right click the option to "Render Instrument Tracks" is available. I have tried it and nothing seems to happen. What is this supposed to do?

Also, I wish there was a BACK button in the help file so I wouldn't have to keep typing in my search after clicking each link.

Studio One 3, Windows 7, Intel i7 Quad, 24GB RAM.
by Lawrence on Fri May 29, 2015 10:31 am
1. Insert a NoteFX plugin on a track, an ARP or something.
2. Fire that function.
3. It should render the ARP result to the midi clip(s), across the entire track, and bypass the ARP plugin.

Doesn't work when using NoteFX in Multi-Instrument containers because (I assume) they're staged after the midi track. and they might not be on every instrument there anyway.

Hope that helps.

From the manual... (a more concise / complete description)...

Rendering Note FX

If you wish to make the effects of Note FX processing permanent (part of the note data, rather than a real-time process), select the Track and navigate to Event/Render Instrument Tracks, or [Right]/[Ctrl]-click the desired Part in Arrange view and choose Instrument Parts/Render Instrument Tracks from the pop-up menu.

This also makes permanent any transposition or velocity changes you've made within the Inspector view for the track.
by Zirrex on Fri May 29, 2015 8:59 pm

Welcome to my Facebook page : My music for movies and games : My psy-trance and psy-chill music
Support me. Buy my music if you like it: nimbitmusic : bandcamp

System Specifications:
Windows 10 Pro (x64) 1909, Studio One 4.6.2 (x64), MB ASRock X370 Taichi, 32 Gb Ram - Samsung M378A2K43BB1-CRC DDR4-2400 (1200 МГц), AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 3974 MHz, SSD M.2 970 EVO for system, M.2, SATA SSD and other SATA HDD, Video - Sapphire Nitro 580, soundcard Roland VS-100, Acer XR382CQK
by ArKay99 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:42 am
To the two that replied, that is very cool! I didn't know that it is a render on the instrument track of any midi fx data and now makes perfect sense. However, I think the op was referring to making an audio track from an instrument track on a different track, or at least that was what I thought that function was. i.e. create a new audio part of the entire track in the pool and then attach it to a new audio track. The closest I have found to do that is Bounce Selection.

Mac Pro 6.1 32 gig 1866 memory, 512G internal PCIe SSD, 2-480G OWC 3G SSD's in Thunderbolt case, twin D300video cards, 2 x Raven MTi2's, Pro Tools 12.4 | HD, UAD Apollo, 2 UAD Thunderbolt Satellite Octo's, RME ADI-4 DD, Yosemite 10.10.5, Studio One 3.5.1, outboard hardware via AES (Bricasti M7, 2 x Lexicon PCM92, TC Electronics M350 though homemade SRC). Neve Portico 5012, 5043, Lot's and lots of plug ins, Vienna Ensemble Pro, Vienna Instruments, VSL Special Edition Strings, DynAudio Bm6's and MB14S sub.
by kensherwood on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:03 pm
dgrm44 wroteAlso, I wish there was a BACK button in the help file so I wouldn't have to keep typing in my search after clicking each link.

Right-click, "Back".

But better yet, for extra features (such as find on page, highlight find keyword, go back = CTRL/CMD-[, go forward = CTRL/CMD-] ), view the Reference Manual from a Web browser.

How to view the Studio One 3 Manual in your Web Browser

• Studio One 3.0.0.33329 Professional
• Early 2009 Mac NOT "MAC"* Pro dual 2.26, 16 GB RAM, OS X Yosemite 10.10.2
• Dual Dell 2408WFP (1920x1200 px) monitors
• Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD, 6TB SoftRAID array
* https://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/mac.html
by Jazz-E on Fri May 06, 2016 11:48 pm
Thank you guys. I had the same question.
by markrobotham on Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:45 am
Shame this doesn't work with built in arps from soft synths such as omnisphere.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Enterprise 21H1
    ASUS TUF B450-PRO GAMING
    ASUS VP28U 4K Monitor
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core
    64GB DDR4 3200MHZ
    MSI GeForce RTX 3060 GAMING X 12G
    Zoom UAC-8 Audio Interface
    Studio One 6 Pro (Latest Version)
    Notion 6 (Latest Version)
    Sonar Platinum x64 Lifetime

[ YouTube ] [ Omnisphere Libraries ]
by kirkevans on Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:57 am
I came here (like some other people) looking for a way to turn a midi track into a wav file.
I found a solution. This might be more like a work-around than an exact solution, and it is a trifle clumsy - but it works for me

From the Song menu, click Export Stems - you can select whatever channel or track you want to use to create the wav file. It gets saved into your Stems folder and you can drag that file back into your song. You can then edit that audio track as you would any other audio track.

One final thought - be sure to set your start and end markers appropriately or the exported stem will be *way* too long!

I hope this helps. I also hope I'm not stating the obvious that everyone knew except me :)

Keep makin' that music!
Kirk
by jBranam on Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:43 pm
if you have an instrument track (midi) with midi and an instrument you want to convert to audio. you can select that instrument track and right click and choose "transform to audio track" which basically freezes the instrument and midi and gives you an audio (waveform) which can be useful if you need to go back to midi. if you leave things frozen you should be able to select the track again and transform it back to midi for editing.

but the way i have always done things is to get the instrument, insert effects if any and the midi the way i want it and just print it. select the midi track in the arrangement window and right click... in the drop down go to the bottom under "Event" and bounce to new track. it will grey out (mute) the instrument and midi track and give you a new audio waveform on a new track. the audio file it prints is automatically put in a 'Bounces' folder within your project/song folder giving you a hard copy and you don't have to drag anything back in. if i am not mistaken the "Bounce to New Track" includes anything in series (inserts and sends) to the main out. tbh i don't know if the "Transform" includes all the things down the line but it allows to go back for editing. i personally don't use it... i am used to just printing/rendering/bouncing a dedicated file then i remove the instrument, effects and midi track to free up cycles/resources. the only drawback to bouncing to new track is... it is final... there is no way to go back once you delete the instrument track and midi as i do without creating it all again but as i said my way you can remove wasted resources since you don't need to hold things just in case you need to go back for further editing lol

hope this helps and saves you time from my understanding of you process

cheers

p.s. well if you do it the way i do and you leave the greyed out instrument and midi... you can actually 'unmute' which returns the instrument and midi to before the bounce leaving both tracks. personally i never keep VSTi and midi after a print. if any of this makes sense lol

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯

9 posts
Page 1 of 1