12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,
One of the new features in Presence XT is the ability to load EXS instruments. I'm trying to import the EXS instruments from Logic and everytime it says it can find a particular sound file, even though the file exists in the exact directory it's looking for it. There's an option to locate the file and even when I do, the patch doesn't produce any sound. The strange thing is that when I browse to the instruments in the browser, it correctly identifies the EXS file so I know it's not an unknown format issue.

Has anyone here been successful importing EXS instruments?

Thanks in advance.

Sam

OSX 10.10.5, S1 3.2.2
by kingkarnovbeats on Thu May 21, 2015 8:06 pm
I am also having issues with this, as i can no longer load certain Kontakt instruments as it says "failed to open kontakt instrument" Some instruments open and some do not. I think maybe it is because some files have artwork or images included in the .nki? idk

K!NG MICHAEL COY
Castlehouse Worldwide LLC
Presonus Studio one Version 4.6.1
Presonus Studio one Version 3.00
Presonus Studio one Version 2.65 (because version 3.02 does not work right)
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)
Processsor 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512MB
Mac Osx 10.13.6

http://www.castlehouseworldwide.com
by samradobenko on Sat May 23, 2015 11:51 am
Bump

OSX 10.10.5, S1 3.2.2
by sunmachine on Sat May 23, 2015 12:13 pm
I just tried to load some EXS instruments and that worked fine here. Those were from an old Logic install that survived on my hard disk.
Please name some instruments that fail on your end so somebody can try those.

Sonic Core XITE-1 SCOPE DSP Platform ~ Windows 7 Pro 64-bit@Mac Mini i7 (Late 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6
RME Fireface UCX ~ OS X 10.9.5@MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6

--
Try FastMail for better email!
by samradobenko on Sat May 23, 2015 10:41 pm
sunmachine wroteI just tried to load some EXS instruments and that worked fine here. Those were from an old Logic install that survived on my hard disk.
Please name some instruments that fail on your end so somebody can try those.

Thanks Sunmachine. Pretty much any EXS instrument I try fails (I haven't tried them all, but all the ones I've tried so far fail). These are from Logic X so I wonder if they changed the format with the newer Logic?

OSX 10.10.5, S1 3.2.2
by Jemusic on Sat May 23, 2015 11:47 pm
Ok I have got it working fine here too. Not sure about Logic X but I have built up quite a large ESX library so I am rather glad this facility is available. Mine extends back to when Logic 5.5 was on PC.

I have a separate library samples drive for various libraries. I have created folders with the ESX audio samples in them along with the .exs patch file. What they call the Sampler Instruments.

Presence XT can be opened and instructed to import a preset. (third widget along from the power button very top left corner) Navigate from there to the very folder the exs file lives and open it. Only the ESX files will be seen. Select one and open it.

Sometimes it finds the audio files straight up. Especially if they are right there. If not instruct Presence to open the files form a specific location (Search In Folder) and point to that folder with the audio files in it. It should load.

The best thing to do right at that moment is to save the preset out as a Presence Preset. User presets (although they in the browser next to the other installed soundsets) are found somewhere else.

eg in my case it is on:

C > Users > YourName > My Docs > Studio One > Presets > Presonus > Presence ...

Right inside there I have created a folder called ESX24 Library. Inside that I have the new folder hierarchy built the same as the original ESX24 hierarchy that is on the Library drive. It is now with Presence Presets instead. The samples need to stay where they are on the Library drive.

Now Presence sees its own presets and it loads up instantly and every time of course. I think there is no other way other than importing every .esx sound, resaving it and putting it in the right place within the new Presence User hierarchy

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by ankely on Sun May 24, 2015 12:49 am
Okie Dokie…

Some background infos on samplersisms:

Presence XT loads Kontakt 4 or older. To be more specific, Kontakt 4.1.3.

Why? Because there was a change in the K structure starting in 4.2 that is no longer readable outside of K.

EXS has been a nightmare the last couple years particularly since Logic X. There are many reports of EXS losing it's samples. Seems to have something to do with how the newer Mac OSes deal with searching and indexing. There seems to be a difference in the file structure along with the newest GarageBand.

Historically, you would relink EXS libraries using a product called EXS Manager from Redmatica (Now defunct and absorbed into Apple it appears).

So, as EXS was finicky in it's own Logic home, it is most likely even more finicky in Presence XT.

The older format from Logic 5.5 mentioned above will most likely translate the easiest. It was just before another big change in the EXS format.

In Logic 9.1 the EXS file structure changed in that there could now be longer file names. This was a pretty big change. This may be a factor in translating files also.

I tell you this as a soundware developer (check my sig for more info) who has translated many instruments between various formats for the products I've worked on.

Until I have time to work in S3 these are some thoughts that hopefully help. ;)

Presonus Studio One 2 Professional 2.6.5, Mac Book Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo OS 10.6.8 4GB/Ram, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Digidesign Mbox 2, OWC External Firewire 800 Drives, M-Audio Oxygen8, KeyRig49, Axiom49 MkII, etc…

It is what it is…

ScrewMakerMusic
by samradobenko on Sun May 24, 2015 12:17 pm
First, thanks to everyone who replied.

Second, I was able to get a partial solution but it's not very clean. Here is what I did:

1) Drag your EXS instrument into Presence XT

2) You will get an error message that a sample can't be found in a specific directory, even though the sample exists in that directory

3) Choose "Search In Folder" and navigate to the folder that contains the "missing" sample. The location will be displayed at the top of the dialog so you will know where to go. If samples exist in multiple directories, you may have to do this a few times

4) Once all the samples are loaded, you may still not hear anything. If this happens, make sure to turn off the FILTER section in Presence XT. I don't know why it gets turned on when loading an EXS instrument but it can also cause problems

Once all steps are completed, you should be able to play the instrument.

As a note, I've tried saving the instrument as a new Presence XT preset once I got it loaded, but even then I get "missing sample" error message when I open the new preset.

Thanks again to everyone for helping me get this far.

OSX 10.10.5, S1 3.2.2
by pvaibhav on Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:46 pm
To me it looks like just a small bug in their code when building the path to load samples from. There's an extra /Volumes/ prepended to the path. OR it's missing the volume name in between the two // (/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Library would work).

Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 23.33.25.png
by drewwhittington on Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:17 pm
I had that issue before. Now, I install the sample libraries into the Presence folder in Studio One with the others that it comes with. I have a sub folder for say "Viper Recordings" Then inside, I will have for example "Bass". In that folder will have another folder of all the bass wavs and then all the .exs patch files will all go in the main folder (Not the folder with all the wavs). If you do it like that, when you drag and drop your patch from the "Instrument" section of studio One Presence, you'll see the installed patches there and they will load with no errors :)
by drewwhittington on Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:45 pm
On another note, I have a library I am trying to save to .nki files to bring into Presence XT but I have not yet been able to import those presets without receiving an error message and I'm trying with Kontakt 2. Any suggestions on what to use for creating patches for Presence XT?
by jeffperonto on Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:58 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpoRwR9_OE4

This was helpful and it works!!!

12 posts
Page 1 of 1