75 postsPage 4 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
Bub wrote
We used to have a lot of fun on the old forum. Too bad they destroyed that.

The old Cakewalk forums? Good times. Back in around 2004 - 2008 or so.

Windows 11 Pro 22H2, 12th Gen i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz, 32gig 3600mhz RAM, Asus Radeon RX 6600 Dual V2 8G, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD x2, MSI MAG B660M Mortar WIFI LGA 1700 DDR4 mATX Mobo, Studio One Pro latest v5, RME Fireface UFX II
by hello people on Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:22 pm
I've had a flurry of these 666 overloads just out of nowhere in the last week.

I'm prepared to concede that my music is cursed. But geez, over all the Studio One versions, and I've been on since version 2, this version 5 has proved to be by far the most buggy and troublesome. I've never had so many issues as with version 5.

Just as a random example that comes to mind...the other day while editing, I had sections of a shaker track from the chorus playing back during the outro where there was no shaker.

Stuff like that...and while editing having only the drums and bass play back...minus the guitars, vocals, organs etc etc

So many issues with v5.

Windows 11 Pro 22H2, 12th Gen i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz, 32gig 3600mhz RAM, Asus Radeon RX 6600 Dual V2 8G, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD x2, MSI MAG B660M Mortar WIFI LGA 1700 DDR4 mATX Mobo, Studio One Pro latest v5, RME Fireface UFX II
by Ognam on Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:56 am
I was able to reproduce this bug. look:

https://youtu.be/jw1YdRqVVPo

https://youtu.be/sESswmi43qM

Studio one 5. macOS Monterey. MacMini M1
by hello people on Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:33 pm
Ognam wroteI was able to reproduce this bug. look:

https://youtu.be/jw1YdRqVVPo

https://youtu.be/sESswmi43qM

So it seems if you trim the end of the problematic clip...it fixes the issue??

by Bub on Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:53 am
hello people wrote
Bub wrote

I can't remember when I joined their forum. When I look at my info on the old archived forum it says I joined in 2010 as Bub, but I joined a long time before that using my first name. I took a break from their for a while and couldn't remember my login info or the email address I used. Back then I used my ISP's provided email address and I switched ISP's and couldn't access it anymore to reset my password even if I wanted to. So that's how Bub happened. I think I originally joined in 2005 or 2006. They banned me but never told me why. I didn't care, but it would have been nice to know why. Tis' what it tis'. :)

But yeah, it was fun for the most part. It got a little toxic, but most forums do. There were a lot of over the top religious types there and it got real rough at one point to where they shut down the OT forum. Their Song forum was the best on the internet in my opinion. There was some world class music there. Tons and tons of people posted songs constantly. It was awesome. This place had the old vibe for a while but it's gone now. They want it strictly business and it's their business so it is what it is. It's still a helpful place and that's all that really matters I suppose. The mods are strict but nice here. They aren't jerks about it. So it's actually a really good forum, just strictly business.

There's still a handful of the old crew over at the new Cakewalk by Bandlab forum, myself included. I'm Shane_B. over there. I tried to change to my first name here but it's not possible. Something about how it's linked to the account or something. I think they would have to use my full name and I don't want that. I don't care who knows my name but I don't like it linked to anything searchable on the internet, especially public forums with the way hackers and that crap are today.

Anyhoo ... the 666 error thing is a big problem. I'm not joking when I say I've suffered hearing damage from it. My ENT can verify that. That said it hasn't happened to me in a very long time. It has happened on all 3 PC/DAW's I've used and with 3 different audio interfaces. 2 Presonus and 1 M-Audio. It's not a setup problem or driver problem that we can address on our end. A problem that spans the number of systems and drivers this does can't be fixed on our end. It's something in the software. Fortunately it's pretty rare and seems to happen in spurts then stops for whatever reason.

Shane

Intel i7 6700k || 16GB RAM || 2 x 250GB SSD's || Win 10 Pro || Presonus Studio One Pro 5.5 || Studio 1810c || Yamaha HS-80M's || ART Pro VLA II Compressor || ART Pro MPA II Reference Series Mic Pre || Blue Bluebird Mic || The usual misc. guitars.
by hello people on Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:43 am
Bub wrote
hello people wrote
Bub wrote

I can't remember when I joined their forum. When I look at my info on the old archived forum it says I joined in 2010 as Bub, but I joined a long time before that using my first name. I took a break from their for a while and couldn't remember my login info or the email address I used. Back then I used my ISP's provided email address and I switched ISP's and couldn't access it anymore to reset my password even if I wanted to. So that's how Bub happened. I think I originally joined in 2005 or 2006. They banned me but never told me why. I didn't care, but it would have been nice to know why. Tis' what it tis'. :)

But yeah, it was fun for the most part. It got a little toxic, but most forums do. There were a lot of over the top religious types there and it got real rough at one point to where they shut down the OT forum. Their Song forum was the best on the internet in my opinion. There was some world class music there. Tons and tons of people posted songs constantly. It was awesome. This place had the old vibe for a while but it's gone now. They want it strictly business and it's their business so it is what it is. It's still a helpful place and that's all that really matters I suppose. The mods are strict but nice here. They aren't jerks about it. So it's actually a really good forum, just strictly business.

There's still a handful of the old crew over at the new Cakewalk by Bandlab forum, myself included. I'm Shane_B. over there. I tried to change to my first name here but it's not possible. Something about how it's linked to the account or something. I think they would have to use my full name and I don't want that. I don't care who knows my name but I don't like it linked to anything searchable on the internet, especially public forums with the way hackers and that crap are today.

Anyhoo ... the 666 error thing is a big problem. I'm not joking when I say I've suffered hearing damage from it. My ENT can verify that. That said it hasn't happened to me in a very long time. It has happened on all 3 PC/DAW's I've used and with 3 different audio interfaces. 2 Presonus and 1 M-Audio. It's not a setup problem or driver problem that we can address on our end. A problem that spans the number of systems and drivers this does can't be fixed on our end. It's something in the software. Fortunately it's pretty rare and seems to happen in spurts then stops for whatever reason.

I think I joined the Cakewalk/ Sonar forums in 2004. I was montezuma there. I remember listening to some amazing stuff on the songs forum there too. Amazing mixes, really talented people etc. I haven't been on the forums in years and left Sonar years ago too. I think around 2008/9 or so I started using Studio One. But yeah the forums were a bit of a laugh. Remember the guy called "John"? I seem to recall him. People used to bag him and I don't think he helped himself. Seem to recall he took everything super serious and copped a lot of mockery. One thing I remember well about the old forums though was how excellently helpful people were.

by Bub on Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:20 am
hello people wroteI think I joined the Cakewalk/ Sonar forums in 2004. I was montezuma there. I remember listening to some amazing stuff on the songs forum there too. Amazing mixes, really talented people etc. I haven't been on the forums in years and left Sonar years ago too. I think around 2008/9 or so I started using Studio One. But yeah the forums were a bit of a laugh. Remember the guy called "John"? I seem to recall him. People used to bag him and I don't think he helped himself. Seem to recall he took everything super serious and copped a lot of mockery. One thing I remember well about the old forums though was how excellently helpful people were.

Oh John is still there. Exactly the same. He's a mod now kickin' butt and takin' names. He doesn't interact near as much as he used to since he became a mod. A few of the old timers became mods and are still there but don't interact with anyone except on rare occasion. Everything seems to change when you gain mod status. I only go to the Coffee House there now and to the Deals sub forum. cclarry from the old forum is still there and basically runs the Deals forum but he's not a mod that I know of. He still posts tons and tons of sales info on plugins which is good and bad. :D On rare occasion I pop in to the Song forum but it's not the same. I guess I'm just hanging on while there's still a few guys from the old days left. We'll all fade away eventually. A lot of guys have passed away.

Shane

Intel i7 6700k || 16GB RAM || 2 x 250GB SSD's || Win 10 Pro || Presonus Studio One Pro 5.5 || Studio 1810c || Yamaha HS-80M's || ART Pro VLA II Compressor || ART Pro MPA II Reference Series Mic Pre || Blue Bluebird Mic || The usual misc. guitars.
by hello people on Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:23 am
Bub wrote
hello people wroteI think I joined the Cakewalk/ Sonar forums in 2004. I was montezuma there. I remember listening to some amazing stuff on the songs forum there too. Amazing mixes, really talented people etc. I haven't been on the forums in years and left Sonar years ago too. I think around 2008/9 or so I started using Studio One. But yeah the forums were a bit of a laugh. Remember the guy called "John"? I seem to recall him. People used to bag him and I don't think he helped himself. Seem to recall he took everything super serious and copped a lot of mockery. One thing I remember well about the old forums though was how excellently helpful people were.

Oh John is still there. Exactly the same. He's a mod now kickin' butt and takin' names. He doesn't interact near as much as he used to since he became a mod. A few of the old timers became mods and are still there but don't interact with anyone except on rare occasion. Everything seems to change when you gain mod status. I only go to the Coffee House there now and to the Deals sub forum. cclarry from the old forum is still there and basically runs the Deals forum but he's not a mod that I know of. He still posts tons and tons of sales info on plugins which is good and bad. :D On rare occasion I pop in to the Song forum but it's not the same. I guess I'm just hanging on while there's still a few guys from the old days left. We'll all fade away eventually. A lot of guys have passed away.

Those days were fun. I was a lot younger for a start! I'll have to get back in there some day and have a look around. I never really understood the whole Bandcamp thing or what happened to Sonar. I do know that I jumped to Studio One probably around 2012 or so...to correct what I said before. But yeah, I jumped on Studio One and found it 100's of times easier to use than Sonar was. For me, back in those days, it was a mission just to insert a vst correctly in Sonar. Going to Studio One, everything seemed so much easier.

Having said that...I've found v5 problematic compared to every other SO version I've used. Useable...but issues. Previous versions I never had any issues.

by ferrismccalip on Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:44 pm
This is def an issue with studio one, I've encountered it using only the plugins that come with S1. Just happened recently, fortunately speakers were turned down so only my ears and headphones took damage. Has happened several times in the past. This is a serious issue, I will sue presonus if I get permanent hearing damage from this
by Lokeyfly on Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:19 pm
ferrismccalip wroteThis is def an issue with studio one, I've encountered it using only the plugins that come with S1. Just happened recently, fortunately speakers were turned down so only my ears and headphones took damage. Has happened several times in the past. This is a serious issue, I will sue presonus if I get permanent hearing damage from this

So no one sues you; could you kindly add your specs to your signature. Are you running Studio One 5.5.1? If not, what version? What computer? What OS? Studio One Pro/Studio? What relevant stuff? Thx!

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by graytermedia on Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:43 pm
ferrismccalip wroteThis is def an issue with studio one, I've encountered it using only the plugins that come with S1. Just happened recently, fortunately speakers were turned down so only my ears and headphones took damage. Has happened several times in the past. This is a serious issue, I will sue presonus if I get permanent hearing damage from this

Experienced this a few months ago. Scared the hell out of me, and lucky for me, I got the sense something was up - machine got sluggish, a few loud clicks and the graphics started to freeze. I pulled my cans off just as the blast started. I feel I got lucky and have been back on Reaper since. There is a preference for setting a volume limit where Reaper will shut the master output off if/when reached.

My peace of mind and hearing will remain intact. I'm not touching S1 until this is fixed. I check the forum routinely to see if any progress has been made, but so far, I'm not seeing any.

tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9
by PreAl on Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:01 pm
Would be helpful that people state their SS1 version and plugins. It's obviously a dodgy plugin (it may not necessarily be third party). 5.5.1 (or 5.5.0 can't remember) is supposed to resolve some of these issues. Also, always put a limiter over your master bus.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by jasonsachtjen on Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:33 pm
1234.png

it's no longer a 666 thing anymore i heard but now it looks like this - an apt sad face. obviously a bad plug-in but maybe it's s1, i don't know. started after i did my last s1 update come to think of it.
but i can't do anything right now with s1, literally nothing. i am using logic pro now for the time being. any solutions people?? thanks ya'll

EDIT ---- THIS IS A S1 ISSUE. I ROLLED BACK FROM 5.2.2 TO 5.4.1 AND ALL IS WELL. FIX THIS PRESONUS, PRETTY PLEASE. THANKS!!!
by PreAl on Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:13 am
jasonsachtjen wrote
1234.png

it's no longer a 666 thing anymore i heard but now it looks like this - an apt sad face. obviously a bad plug-in but maybe it's s1, i don't know. started after i did my last s1 update come to think of it.
but i can't do anything right now with s1, literally nothing. i am using logic pro now for the time being. any solutions people?? thanks ya'll

EDIT ---- THIS IS A S1 ISSUE. I ROLLED BACK FROM 5.2.2 TO 5.4.1 AND ALL IS WELL. FIX THIS PRESONUS, PRETTY PLEASE. THANKS!!!

The latest is 5.5.2 (not 5.4.1 or 5.2.2) so test with that, chances are it could already be fixed.

Otherwise we can only conclude that the plugin at fault is incompatible with the latest code base or vice versa, you can't point fingers just yet.

You need to identify the plugin causing this otherwise there is little chance of fixing it. Remove one plugin at a time. When you think you've identified the plugin try it in a new project.

Also please put your full specs in your signature - thx

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by ericma2 on Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:10 am
I still get it and I'm on the latest. Some days I get it all over the place. Other days I don't get it at all. Same song. I've been really busy with other stuff lately so I haven't had a chance to really look into it.

2013 Mac Pro Trashcan 8 Core 64 GB Ram
macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Pro Tools 21.12 <- Finally left Pro Tools - THANKS S1!!!!
Euphonix Artist Mix firmware 1.5.6.0
Eucon v4.8.3

75 postsPage 4 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4