75 postsPage 1 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
We talked about this problem before a long time ago on the old forum but never discussed a fix that I can remember other than rebooting.

Ever have something go poof, you lose your audio, your Master bus pegs out and freezes at 666db, and you have to reboot S1 to get your sound back?

Well, it happened to me today in S1-V3. :x

I didn't want to save my project and reboot so I decided to try some things before I went that route.

I went in to "Audio Setup" and where it says "Internal Block Size" there is a checkbox that says "Lock".

Mine was checked so I unchecked it to try and change the buffer size to see if maybe it would clear the buffers and possibly reseat the 666dB problem.

Before I could change the buffer size it made a loud pop so I backed out of the screen and hit Play and everything started working normal again.

So if this happens to you try checking the "Lock" checkbox if it's unchecked or uncheck if it already has a check in the box. You can put it back to however it was originally after you do it.

This fixed the issue for me without having to save my project and reboot.

HTH,

Shane

Intel i7 6700k || 16GB RAM || 2 x 250GB SSD's || Win 10 Pro || Presonus Studio One Pro 5.5 || Studio 1810c || Yamaha HS-80M's || ART Pro VLA II Compressor || ART Pro MPA II Reference Series Mic Pre || Blue Bluebird Mic || The usual misc. guitars.
by johnnygeib2 on Thu May 21, 2015 4:17 pm
This is a great trick. I never would tried that. Thanx for the tip!!!

Much appreciated.

by Jemusic on Thu May 21, 2015 6:15 pm
That is interesting Bub and I don't dispute it either. On my older Win XP install of Studio One funny thing is I get more issues when that box is unchecked. It definitley prefers the checked or 'Lock' option instead.

Maybe now this has changed perhaps.

I would not mind knowing exactly what that 'Lock' parameter is actually all about.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by kensherwood on Thu May 21, 2015 8:26 pm
Jemusic wroteI would not mind knowing exactly what that 'Lock' parameter is actually all about.

This might help (?) or maybe you know this stuff already:

Two references in the Help Files:

(1) @ Setup > Set Up Your Audio Device, first section ("Set Up Your Audio Device"), see point #3, >> Windows.

(2) @ Mixing > Mixing Suggestions, section "Maximizing Computer Processing Power".

• Studio One 3.0.0.33329 Professional
• Early 2009 Mac NOT "MAC"* Pro dual 2.26, 16 GB RAM, OS X Yosemite 10.10.2
• Dual Dell 2408WFP (1920x1200 px) monitors
• Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD, 6TB SoftRAID array
* https://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/mac.html
by Jemusic on Tue May 26, 2015 10:57 pm
I have just been the receiver of the infamous 666dB overload. Of all the dB's overload I mean 666 you have to be serious! :shock:

Anyway, Bub's approach did not work for me. What I did in the end was just save the document because you can still save even after this error has occurred. Then I just re-opened and all was well again.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by mwright137 on Wed May 27, 2015 7:30 pm
Just for the record, that number is not dB, it is how MANY times you clipped.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by Jemusic on Wed May 27, 2015 10:30 pm
Of course you are right. 666 is the number of clips. Interesting though Bub and I have got exactly the same number of clips though. Must be a certain fault condition that causes it and the same in various computers. I have rarely had this issue though. I may have done something weird just before it too.

by BM Grabber on Thu May 28, 2015 1:06 am
It's a joke from a "religious" company. When everything goes hay wire, it goes straight to 'ell :mrgreen:
by Bub on Thu May 28, 2015 10:07 am
mwright137 wroteJust for the record, that number is not dB, it is how MANY times you clipped.

Thank you for pointing that out. I always assumed it meant dB because it says "Clip / Peak Levels" when you hover your mouse over it.

While we're on the subject of that section, does anyone know what the two little buttons do to the left of the stereo/mono button?

The one on the far left says "On/Off" and the middle one turns into a slider when you click on it but neither one seem to do anything.

Shane

Intel i7 6700k || 16GB RAM || 2 x 250GB SSD's || Win 10 Pro || Presonus Studio One Pro 5.5 || Studio 1810c || Yamaha HS-80M's || ART Pro VLA II Compressor || ART Pro MPA II Reference Series Mic Pre || Blue Bluebird Mic || The usual misc. guitars.
by matthewgorman on Thu May 28, 2015 10:30 am
While we're on the subject of that section, does anyone know what the two little buttons do to the left of the stereo/mono button?

The one on the far left says "On/Off" and the middle one turns into a slider when you click on it but neither one seem to do anything.

If I am thinking of the same thing, that is the metronome on/off and volume control.

What also MAY work in this instance is changing the audio device to "None", then back to previous. I think either process resets the audio engine and frees it from lock-up.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by AndySweet on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:47 am
can confirm I also get this with studio one v3 and also v2
by Bbd on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:27 am
The 666 happened to me last night. First time on V3. I had to reboot.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Lawrence on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:38 am
I've been able to get out from under it by cycling the audio driver, which seems to reset the audio engine. Choose Windows or some other driver, let it set, then switch back to my MOTU driver.

That's one thing I sometimes miss from Cubase, the "Reset Audio Engine" button or function.
by Martin626 on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 pm
OK, so I cannot seem to use the fat channel plug-in as it repeatedly causes the 666 error. Trying to reset the buffers lock or changing the audio i/f did not fix it for me. Also, if I save, close and reload the song, and try again to use the fat channel, it causes the same error again and then crashes the DAW completely. I am running latest version of Studio One Pro.

i7 with 12GB mem. Windows 7, Studio one v3 pro, focusrite scarlett 18i20 interface, novation SL Remote 61, faderport, many guitars, edums. Writing and recording for my own pleasure.
by muziksculp on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:48 pm
I don't know what you guys are referring to about this 666 error/crash issue, can you please explain what this is all about ?

Thanks

Studio One Pro 6.0.2 , FaderPort 8, ATOM. (Windows 10).

HW Synths, Virtual Instruments, Sample Libraries, HW & VST Effects, and Various Acoustic Instruments
by garryknight on Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:22 pm
You'll know when you get it as S1 will lose all sound and you won't hear anything until you fix the problem. I've had success with changing my audio interface as well, but I must try Bub's fix next time. Thanks, Shane.

Garry Knight
Studio One 3 Professional
Melodyne Editor 4, NI Komplete 11
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, Core i5
Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Core i7, 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
Nektar Impact LX49+, Samson Graphite 25, and Korg microKey 25 MIDI controllers
Novation ZeRO SL MkII mixing control surface
Korg nanoKontrol 2 mixing control surface
Reaper, Logic Pro X, GarageBand
https://soundcloud.com/garryknight
by jpettit on Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:45 pm
Just so everyone knows (I thought we covered this in the past) the number is usually the number of overs. However, there is one condition where the number is actually an error code.
666 is an error code for a plugin that has faults or broken down in its communication Protocol with S1 as the host.

In some cases that can be unjammed by Shane's procedure which actually causes the engine to adjust to the change in buffers. In other cases no.
This is because one of the plugins in your song is the root issue and that finding the failing plugin should be the next step.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by jBranam on Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:11 pm
just to add caution to the wind... if i am not mistaken i was the first to get that 666 thing way back when and i didn't even notice in the pic i posted on the old forum had "666" in RED lol but shane did lol and pointed out to us all lol

the caution i put forth is to turn down your monitors or system volume before doing the 'reset'... that POP which i have heard a few times is enough to damage speakers if it is all turned up so be careful. cheers

jay

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by bboerma on Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:34 pm
BM Grabber wroteIt's a joke from a "religious" company. When everything goes hay wire, it goes straight to 'ell :mrgreen:

"What if the six,.. turned out to be nine?"

Home Studio Connection
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One 3.5 Pro - Win 10 X64 ( i7 6700k, 16 GB Dual 2400) - Focusrite 6i6
Focal Alpha 50 - Softube Console 1 - Faderport - Monitor Station v2
by pmsezztfs on Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:38 pm
bboerma wrote"What if the six,.. turned out to be nine?"

It does when you cross the equator. ;)

Michael Morgan | pearl hour project
---------------------------------------------------------------
Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz | 16G ram
Windows 10 | Studio One v3.3.1 | Live 9.6 (all software 64 bit)
RME Fireface UFX | Nektar Panorama P1 | AKAI MPK25 | M-Audio Keystation 88 I Maschine 2 | Fader Port 8 ;)

75 postsPage 1 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4