12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey,
I have a Lynx AES 16 card which has direct monitoring. When I open Studio One I see the Z on the channel and on the cue outputs I set up. I am running at 1024 Buffer Size which gives all kind of latency. however with the z button on my cue send and the blue monitor button on, the fader controls the mixer in the lynx card and I have almost no latency. My problem is, if the track is enabled with the blue monitor button on and I press play, the blue button stays on so I can't hear the already recorded track. I am coming from cubase and the monitor switches off for playback and on for stop and record. I have tried every combination of switches I can find and can't seem to get it working correctly. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Richard
by Rangersam on Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:42 pm
Under 'options/devices', you have the option to select 'tapemachine monitoring' or not. Have you played around with this setting?

i7 3770,ASUS P8Z68-V-LE RME Multiface x2,RME ADI2,Lucid 2496. Casio PX-3,Yamaha V50,Korg 05,Roland SH-01,Korg Nanopad2,Behringer BCF,BCR2000(studio).
i7 4770, Asus Z87-C, M-Audio delta66,RME ADI2,Vox TonelabLE (spdif input), A&HZED12FX, M-Audio Keystation61ES (home).
Soundworkshop Series30(rackmounted in groups of 8), Dynaudio BM15 speakers.
Win10 64,S1Pro,Soundforge10, CD Arch5,Reason10,Recycle, Waves, Drumcore 3, Korg legacy digital and analogue,
Arturia Vintage Collection, NI Komplete10,Alicia's Keys,Vintage compressors,Premium tube series.
https://soundcloud.com/andrew-emery
by richardmcbrayer on Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:56 pm
Thanks for replying.
I have tried both of those settings and nothing will turn the blue monitor light off when playing...
Richard
by Lawrence on Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:11 pm
It might be the case that the two things just don't work at the same time, that engaging monitoring with DM switches to direct hardware exclusively and you won't hear playback through the same channel when the monitor button is engaged.

But... not sure. Jeff (JPettit) is the guy to talk to about that. He's done quite extensive testing with DM in Studio One and he's probably more educated on it overall than most users around here.

Not sure if that helps, but I'd pull on Jeff's pants leg about that.
by richardmcbrayer on Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:00 am
thanks!
by gunnarhustvedt on Sat May 01, 2021 2:04 am
This is an old thread, but I have the same problem. I use Lynx AESe. Did you ever solve the problem?

Gunnar Hustvedt
http://www.h-musikk.no/english.html

ASUS X99-E, Intel Core i7-6850K, Noctua NH-U9S, Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133MHz 16GB, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 PCIe SSD (System), Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5" SSD (Data), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 2.5" SSD (Sample), WD Desktop Black 1TB 3.5" (Audio), Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060, Corsair RM750x 750W, Samsung 34" LED Curved, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Lynx AES16e, Aurora 16, Cakewalk by BandLab, Pro Tools 2021, Studio One 5 Pro
by Tacman7 on Sat May 01, 2021 6:59 am
What problem? The OP had a lot of issues. Better to talk about your issues.

What settings have you been using? What things have you tried?

Try 48k, 128k block size, minimal protection, single precision. Do you use zero latency monitoring from your hardware?

Try that and work your way up if it can't run that.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by gunnarhustvedt on Sun May 02, 2021 12:27 am
My problem is the same. When I use zero-latency hardware monitoring with my AES (connected to a Auroa 16) it works as expected when recording, but when I try to fix part of the recording (punch in) I'm not able to hear the already recorded audio (if I turn of DM I can hear it).
The recorded track is muted before the actual punch. There is a setting under Console saying "Audio Track Monitoring Mutes Playback (Tape Style)" But the result is just the same (as long as I zero-latency hardware monitoring) I have tried to have it on and off.
As I understand you shall be able to hear the recorded audio on the track until you press "Record" (when just playing the track with the track armed). There are also several people writing about this on the Presonus Forum, so it has to be a known problem.

Gunnar Hustvedt

ASUS X99-E, Intel Core i7-6850K, Noctua NH-U9S, Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133MHz 16GB, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 PCIe SSD (System), Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5" SSD (Data), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 2.5" SSD (Sample), WD Desktop Black 1TB 3.5" (Audio), Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060, Corsair RM750x 750W, Samsung 34" LED Curved, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Lynx AES16e, Aurora 16, Cakewalk by BandLab, Pro Tools 2021, Studio One 5 Pro
by Tacman7 on Sun May 02, 2021 8:08 am
Ya that's kind of iffy hitting the record button, I setup the locators and use punch in recording.

I'll have to play around with that some, I usually monitor through S1.

I used to use two tracks for situations like that. Chop up your track so you can mute/erase the part you want to replace.

Then you have a track to record on, just track like that then put the results on your main track.

There are some options for using hardware mentioned in this vid, can't remember where...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcUem3U8_LE

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by robertgray3 on Sun May 02, 2021 11:03 pm
gunnarhustvedt wroteMy problem is the same. When I use zero-latency hardware monitoring with my AES (connected to a Auroa 16) it works as expected when recording, but when I try to fix part of the recording (punch in) I'm not able to hear the already recorded audio (if I turn of DM I can hear it).
The recorded track is muted before the actual punch. There is a setting under Console saying "Audio Track Monitoring Mutes Playback (Tape Style)" But the result is just the same (as long as I zero-latency hardware monitoring) I have tried to have it on and off.
As I understand you shall be able to hear the recorded audio on the track until you press "Record" (when just playing the track with the track armed). There are also several people writing about this on the Presonus Forum, so it has to be a known problem.

I think “known problem” is sort of misstating it- it’s definitely an intentional limitation they figured most could live with.

Anyway, there is a way it works, it’s just really counter intuitive and not in the manual because I doubt it’s the official way to do it.

Arm the track for record. Set your punch in points and enable Autopunch. When you want to record, disable the blue monitoring button on the track. Press record.

Tape style works this way too, but I think there’s a little slight flange as the punch starts because you hear both buffers for like 5ms

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by gunnarhustvedt on Mon May 03, 2021 2:54 am
robertgray3 wroteI think “known problem” is sort of misstating it- it’s definitely an intentional limitation they figured most could live with.

In other words, there is nothing wrong with my setup, S1 just don't work that way?

I figured out my own "work around" yesterday that may work (just need to test it out first). I made a Macro that enables Recording (transport) and turned on Monitoring on the selected track(s). I used the hotkey R for this.
In this way I can start the project (play) with the track armed (and monitoring turned off) and hear the recorded audio, when I come to the punch in point I hit R (recording starts and Monitoring is turned on and I can monitor through SI with blue Z), and when I'm finished with the punch in I hit R again (then the Macro turn off recording and off the monitoring on the selected track)

If this doesn't work, I just have to do it the way I have done it in PT and Cakewalk for years -> do all the monitoring via the Lynx mixer....

Gunnar Hustvedt

by robertgray3 on Tue May 04, 2021 6:17 pm
gunnarhustvedt wroteIn other words, there is nothing wrong with my setup, S1 just don't work that way?

Green Z-monitoring definitely doesn't work that way. I don't have personal experience with Blue Z.

Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Pro 6.1
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2

12 posts
Page 1 of 1