3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

Apologies for what must be the dumbest question, but I'm trying to find the keyboard shortcut to increase volume on a track. I see it says "Option +" for increase, "Option -" for decrease, but for whatever reason those don't work.

On Windows it's ALT + and ALT -, which is no problem.

On this Mac Whenever I try "Alt/Option" + (which is really the upper case of the = key, so I've also tried Alt/Option and SHIFT and +), it doesn't do anything and just gives me the error "bonk" noise. "Alt/Option" and - gives me the same bonk. Googling didn't find anything so I thought I'd go straight to the source.

I can use the Audio menu command or other methods, but the point is - what's the seekrit key combo for increase volume? This is a macbook running 10.6.8 OSX.

Thanks!
by matthewgorman on Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:06 pm
joetvpresonus wroteHi All,

Apologies for what must be the dumbest question, but I'm trying to find the keyboard shortcut to increase volume on a track. I see it says "Option +" for increase, "Option -" for decrease, but for whatever reason those don't work.

On Windows it's ALT + and ALT -, which is no problem.

On this Mac Whenever I try "Alt/Option" + (which is really the upper case of the = key, so I've also tried Alt/Option and SHIFT and +), it doesn't do anything and just gives me the error "bonk" noise. "Alt/Option" and - gives me the same bonk. Googling didn't find anything so I thought I'd go straight to the source.

I can use the Audio menu command or other methods, but the point is - what's the seekrit key combo for increase volume? This is a macbook running 10.6.8 OSX.

Thanks!

Cant say for sure since i use windows, but if you go to options there is a printable listing of the keyboard shortcuts, so im sure you can find it there.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V4
by joetvpresonus on Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:50 pm
Thank you for the replies! I've figured it out based on your suggestion of the Options matthewgorman.

On the Mac it's under the "Studio One -> Keyboard Shortcuts" menu, but the keyboard shortcut list showed that it required Option key plus the plus sign on the Number Pad.

There's no numberpad on this notebook - There is a NumLock function key on the macbook, but for various reasons it's never on (I'm not an accountant . . .) So the "Option +" key combination required it to be on.

I remapped it to Option-shift-plus and the increase volume works just like I'm used to it on Windows.

(If Presonus is so inclined, I'd recommend they change that default key combo for Mac . . )

Thank you!

3 posts
Page 1 of 1