6 posts
Page 1 of 1
So I spent about 2 hours re-sampling drums from my MPC2KXL into Impact. So once I finished and closed out the "song" I was asked if I wanted to save the files (wavs) created since my last save. Well, being that I was only recording drums into a track, then slicing at the end points and dragging them into Impact I figured I didn't need them. I mean hey, they were now in Impact and saved as a kit. Well, to my disbelieve, I still needed to save those wavs as when I went to go open the newly created Impact drum kits it couldn't locate the files. That's kinda weird if you ask me. You shouldn't have to save those original wavs that were in the track as they were only there to be chopped and dumped into Impact. I figure once I saved the kit in Impact I was good. Apparently not.

What a shame.

Processor: Intel(R) i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz
RAM: 6GB
DAW: Studio One 2 Producer
Interface: AudioBox 22VSL
MIDI Controller: M-Audio Keystation 61es
by shanabit on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:49 pm
Thats the way she works. You have to make sure you save the work so S1 knows what to load up next time. Otherwise, anything you were working on would get automatically saved even if you didnt mean to. Thats how I look at it now.

If you drag it in, save it then is how I think now. Copy external files

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by Lawrence on Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:07 pm
No worries.

Studio One doesn't literally delete any audio files afaik, it just throws them into the system trash. Unless that happened a long time ago or you emptied the system trash since then, they'll still be there.

Go to your system trash and restore them, then collect them all into a sample folder this time since now you know impact has to reference those files for your kit. When you load your Impact preset, point the "Missing Files" dialog / function to that sample folder to find the files and save the preset again.

Hope that helps.

P.S. You should probably build that into a Soundset so that it's self contained.
by studio4942 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:33 am
Thanks for the info guys. I'll do that from now on. Unfortunately when this happened I deleted the new kits as I know I'd have to start over. I was distraught and just shut everything down and went to bed. But the first thing I will do is created a folder dedicate for those files.

by studio4942 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:51 am
shanabit wroteThats the way she works. You have to make sure you save the work so S1 knows what to load up next time. Otherwise, anything you were working on would get automatically saved even if you didnt mean to. Thats how I look at it now.

If you drag it in, save it then is how I think now. Copy external files

So if I save the song and name it "Impact Chops" for example after I create the first Impact drum kit, when I'm done after creating several more, when it ask me that question about saving the files since the last save, will it save them in the same folder as "Impact Chops" or will it still save them to the trash bin?

After creating some kits last night i created a folder on the desktop to copy those files out of the trash bin, but their were some duplicate wav file names which it would basically overwrite or add digits to it to make it unique. I'm assuming that would cause problems when Impact looks for the files. If I totally move the files from the trash bin to the new desktop folder, will Impact know to locate the wavs there or would I have to tell to look in there when the locate file option comes up?

by scottyo7 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:34 pm
Each VI/application (Impact, etc.) has it's own save methods and location where such occurs.

If you're doing this within S1, all changes are saved via S1. In S1 you have to set the locations (paths) of where your Sounds, Effects, Instruments, etc., are installed, so S1 can scan and load from those paths when S1 boots up.

See videos 5-8 here on how to install other s/w content for use with S1.
http://support.presonus.com/forums/20567618-Getting-Started

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT

6 posts
Page 1 of 1