4 posts
Page 1 of 1
About this bounce application.
I read the manual which explains how to do it.But why?
My songs usually run to 6 to 8 track. I do each track from my PA3x of a style that suits a song or sometimes a midi where I use the tracks I want and play the rest in.
I then go thru each track and cut out the silent bits(I sometimes get abit of noise).So now I have tracks with bits here and there where needed.I then add a limiter and correct (mix?) and loud or soft parts before starting a project.
I know the bounce fills up or joins these bits but is it necessary and why?
I know I am not getting the best from my equipment but at my age, I'm doing this because I enjoy it.
Reply to this post if you need more info or have suggestions or you want to listen to my work.(and my vocalist Jackie)I have no idea what to send in a file if you want it so please add instruction.
By the way. I am absolutely glad that I bought studio one. An old fart like me does not need too complicated a DAW and S1 suits my needs perfectly. Kudos to the designers.
Baz

audiobox usb zynyx802 mixer.windows 10 nvidea 650 GC realtek sound
korg pa3x,technics kn6500, keylab49 MC M studio bx5 speakers.
by jpettit on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:02 pm
You don't have to bounce.

People bounce their tracks for many different reasons. None may be required in your workflow.

Typical reasons:.
To save on CPU cycles
To repeat a FX on many different events
To cleanup a song with many different events

Dont confuse bounce with render.
Render is typically used to make you tracks more trasportable to other software and/or people.

Here they are explained in detail:
viewtopic.php?f=153&t=127

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by barrymurphy on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:06 am
Thank you. It is a bit clearer. I'll carry on doing what I'm doing and learn it bit by bit.
Baz

audiobox usb zynyx802 mixer.windows 10 nvidea 650 GC realtek sound
korg pa3x,technics kn6500, keylab49 MC M studio bx5 speakers.
by Tacman7 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:01 am
I was using a mox6. It can make high quality voices in Voice mode, so one voice at a time.

So I'd have a midi part and find a voice I really like then bounce it and label it for the voice I used so I could redo it if I wanted to change something.

So in that way I have unlimited polyphony and can keep track of the voices used etc.

Other uses like to clean up a wav file after you've applied edits etc.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

4 posts
Page 1 of 1