11 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've tried pulling up different new songs (using different s.o. templates and can't hear the pre-count or any metronome. I heard it earlier on song I started working on so can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I check settings and all looks in order??

Newbie to this (oldbie to sequencing midi to roland mc50 & korg T3)
Using Mac osx 10.9.1 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Memory: 4 GB 667
Controller: korg microstation (will add t3 and others later)
Sound sources: Korg nx5r module & microstation
Mixer TOA rack mount stereo outs into audiobox 22vsl
audiobox: midi out of micro station into it's in, out of audio box into nx5r (will try "router" type function of my TOA mixer later to be able to send to other synths more easily
by FinalSaga on Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:21 pm
Hey Bodacious

There are a couple of places to check.

Hope this helps
Ch33rs
Saga

Studio One v2.x 3.x 4.x-

Windows 10 Ultimate 64Bit
AMD Ryzen (3.4Ghz) and 32gigs RAM
Graphic: Radeon 5700XT

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
:)
by bodacious on Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:10 pm
Thanx! i'll go check the upper one now. I already messed with the two on the bottom.

audiobox: midi out of micro station into it's in, out of audio box into nx5r (will try "router" type function of my TOA mixer later to be able to send to other synths more easily
by bodacious on Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:05 pm
Darn, still can't hear it. I checked the mixer, upper right selection (was already selected) tried clicking it on/off, made no difference.
Learned how to record video screenshot (no sound yet), I'll upload to show what I was clicking.

I'll mess with this more asap :-)
phpBB [video]

by -Luis- on Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:20 pm
If you take a look at the metronome setup, you have selected the option of "Play in precount only" uncheck that and it should work.
by bodacious on Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:47 pm
Thanx, already shut that puter (program) down, will check tomorrow when I wake up! I think I already tried that. Tried every option shown there. I don't even hear or see a precount. It just starts recording the moment I hit record. ? hmm, maybe that's it. Maybe there is another setting/section on pre-count that i don't have checked (so even though metronome is set to do it's thing, the "thing" ain't happening!?).

ah HA! :D
phpBB [video]

right around the 4min mark he starts talking about a separate pre-roll thing I need to click! I bet that's the problem. Can't wait to wake up and try it!!

by -Luis- on Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:01 am
I just installed the version that you are using 2.0.0 and the metronome plays just fine, to hear the click you need to check "Click in Play"
by bodacious on Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:04 am
Thanx everybody. All figured out! It was cause I didn't have the little actual pre-count button engaged. Little thumbtack looking thing just to left of the word metronome. Click it and when engaged it shows red (at least on my factory default 2.0).

So I must not have tried every setting in the met. setup, since I should've heard it if I took off the "pre count only" setting. Cause if that was unchecked, the pre count button wouldn't need to be engaged to hear the met. during recording from the actual recording start. I'll test right now. YEP!

Duhl!

Thanx again all!!!!! Now onto the 12,345 other things I'm gonna probably stumble over :-)

by jeffjameson on Sun May 10, 2020 4:21 pm
Got the exact same problem and cant't figure out whats going wrong... :')
by matthewgorman on Mon May 11, 2020 9:28 am
jeffjameson wroteGot the exact same problem and cant't figure out whats going wrong... :')

There could be multiple things at play. Please describe your system and what the problem is.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by johnboyd4 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:25 am
S1 looks so old here/ ha

bodacious wroteDarn, still can't hear it. I checked the mixer, upper right selection (was already selected) tried clicking it on/off, made no difference.
Learned how to record video screenshot (no sound yet), I'll upload to show what I was clicking.

I'll mess with this more asap :-)
phpBB [video]

Mac Studio M1 Ultra running Ventura
RME MADIFACE PRO > FERROFISH A32 PRO AD/DA. FOCAL TWIN 6be MONITORS, GRACE M905 CONTROLLER, MANLEY, IGS, UA Audio, PULTEC, MAAG, WES AUDIO, NEVE, HERITAGE AUDIO, BETTERMAKER, Yada yada

11 posts
Page 1 of 1