24 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Hi all,

On the e-store of presonus website, we can buy a "PreSonus Acoustic Drum Loops Pro - Multitrack" pack.
A friend has bought this pack and in fact, I don't really get the use of it. There are multiple versions of a same loop, with more or less reverb, with the kick loader than other loops...etc... I thought it was more like a Ron Wilko drums multitrack loops, in which you have all the kick, the snares etc recorded separatly... and just have to drag and drop them, then free to add reverb on each track etc...

but here... I don't get the use of it.

What is the purpose of this pack? what is the difference with the other pack "Acoustic Drum Loops Vol. 2 - Stereo"? I think the drum lines are the same in both bundle.

Thanks for your answers.
Anthony

https://soundcloud.com/a-thyn-noysman
Music Man Majesty 7 AD / Ibanez JS1000 BTB / Ibanez S540FM Custom / Fender Strat / Yamaha LJX6C
M-Audio Prokeys 88
Studio One Pro 3
by mwright137 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:49 am
The multitrack pack is exactly what you expect it to be - one track for kick, one for snare, etc. I never listened that closely to hear if there is bleed from the other drums but they were recorded "live" so I would assume there will be bleed.

The stereo pack is the same loops mixed down into a single stereo track. This is easier to use but you lose the ability to do the drum mixing yourself.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by matthewgorman on Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:12 am
There is bleed in the single tracks

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Anthothedude on Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:58 am
indeed you can hear other drums when this is suppose to be only kick or only snare I guess...?

So... This is not exactly for me a multi track with only a kick or only snare etc...

So what should be the use of this (when the sound of the snare is mixed up with other drums behind)?

Music Man Majesty 7 AD / Ibanez JS1000 BTB / Ibanez S540FM Custom / Fender Strat / Yamaha LJX6C
M-Audio Prokeys 88
Studio One Pro 3
by mwright137 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:33 pm
It's how real drums work. You never get all the bleed out. This is just to allow you to mix the drums to your preference.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by David Mood on Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:57 pm
Yes.

Use the gate in S1, which is excellent btw, or the strip silence function, to get rid of bleed, if you don't like it.

Win7 x64 SP1 / i7 2600K / 16 GB RAM / ATI Radeon HD 5450 / ASUS P8P67-M PRO MB
by Anthothedude on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:26 am
Thanks guys!

M-Audio Prokeys 88
Studio One Pro 3
by timdinwiddie on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:41 am
So I am pretty green when it comes to recording. I play more of an Americana/Country/Folky type music. I just want some basic drum loops in the background just to give my songs a rhythm and nothing fancy. I am not interested in laying down tons of tracks or adding a lot of fillers in the loops. I just want to record my own stuff for myself with just me and my guitars with a basic drum beat in the background. So for somebody simple like me that doesn't want to get too technical in my mixing, would the Acoustic Drum Loops Vol. 2 - Stereo work ok for me? Thanks!
by Steve Carter on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:24 pm
Hi Tim...
If you haven't already done so, I would recommend checking out EZDrummer (or similar) it's very easy to lay down basic drum tracks that can be further tweaked and has hidden depths if you want them.
Regards....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by scottyo7 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:46 am
I second the vote for using EZDrummer.

There's lots of YouTube videos on how to use it... that way you can see it in action to determine if it would work for you.

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by klypeman on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:21 am
If the loops- multitrack gets too complicated other than the EZDrummer from Toontrack you also have XLN Addictive Drums.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by roblof on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:25 am
And JamStix is great as well...

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by Skip Jones on Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:45 pm
Strongly recommend MANDA Audio MT Powerdrum Kit (Free). I think you are looking for more than loops but the ability to create.

Play the demo tracks created by the plug.

http://www.powerdrumkit.com/

Skip

Skip

Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by sirmonkey on Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:41 pm
Skip Jones wroteStrongly recommend MANDA Audio MT Powerdrum Kit (Free). I think you are looking for more than loops but the ability to create.

Play the demo tracks created by the plug.

http://www.powerdrumkit.com/

Skip

I second that, the MT Power Drum kit is very easy to use. Don't let the price of "free" fool you. You get a lot of functionality. Also keep in mind, there is a free version of Addictive Drums that also has a surprising amount of functionality as well.

One more free drum instrument is Melda Productions "MDrummer Small" which is a free mini version of their full-fledged version. The free version is here: http://www.meldaproduction.com/MDrummer Small

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by timdinwiddie on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:12 am
Thanks everybody for the ideas. Since I don't plan on using a lot of drums I was really wanting to go on the cheap and pay as little as possible or get a freebie. EZDrummer seems to be the preferred one by most but it is over $100. I'm sure it is well worth it but I don't want to dive all the way in when I am not sure how much I will used drums. I did see MT Powerdrum freebie in my searches. I think I will go ahead and give it a try. I will check out Addictive Drums too. Thanks again!
by Skip Jones on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:31 am
Hey, we're in luck here. Our good friend at Home Studio Trainer Johnny Geib has just released a training video on the free drum plug in from Manda.

Thanks, Johnny
Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9rMla_kgWI

Skip

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by timdinwiddie on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:48 pm
Well it looks like my Studio One 3 Artist does not support third party VSTs. Like I said I was trying to get out on the cheap. I assume there are no other options but to purchase something from Presonus.
by Skip Jones on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:51 pm
I'm thinking, and I'm a on the cheap kind of guy, but the add on for VST/Au etc thingie is cheap for what you get.

Regards

Skip

by davidlink on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:48 pm
Addictive drums and all xln products are half off right now. So if you are thinking about going that route now is the the best time. Fairfax drums sound great and with the midi packs you can get inspiration on what a drummer can do. I've been quite pleased with the flexibility and feature of addictive drums. The midi patterns auto sync with tempo and can be dragged into studio one to easily adjust for different time signatures. Each drum section can be sent to it's own channel. Yes there is bleed due to overhead, room, and bus channels but those are what makes the drums sound great. Plenty of room to adjust to you're taste despite not being completely silent of other drum sounds though if you really wanted to, you could.
by timdinwiddie on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:41 am
Ok so since I have Studio One 3 Artist, will EZDrummer work even though I don't have Rewire? Iv'e seen several suggestions for EZDrummer and after watching the videos is looks really great but since it is a third party software I don't think it will work unless I buy the Rewire software. Like I said, I just need some drums in general and having to buy both pieces of software will just cost more than it is worth for me right now just to have some drums. That's over $200 just to have some drums. That's nearly what I spent for my whole Studio One 3 Artist and AudionBox iTwo Studio hardware. Maybe the best route is to but Rewire and use free drum software? I see Rewire is only around $50. Thanks!

24 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2