8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Related to another "startup" thread posted recently - during startup of the latest 6.6.0 - I have been experiencing a strange instance of a dialog box popup right at what appears to be the very last step of startup (before the main GUI appears) that says "Scanning Soundsets" :

2024-05-07_06-22-30.png

This dialog is empty with no progress bar activity and disappears quickly but this odd display does not occur anywhere near the actual "Scanning Sound Sets" that appears in the numerous startup steps that are echoed to the screen during startup (Starting Windows Audio, Starting VST3 Plugin Support etc etc).

Any idea what this is and why it is appearing now - and never before on any version of S1 I have ever used?

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.6.1.99821 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.250) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by Trucky on Tue May 07, 2024 2:52 pm
Please post a screenshot of your "Options-Locations-Sound Sets" page setup.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by Vocalpoint on Tue May 07, 2024 3:46 pm
Trucky

As requested:

2024-05-07_15-29-19.png

FWIW: This is one area of S1 that truly needs some developer eyes. The "Scan Locations" part of this dialog is truly wonky. But first a little backgrounder...

When I installed this specific "clean" instance of Studio One (v6.2.1) back in early Feb 2024 (brand new machine) - as with all my settings - I specifically came into this dialog - set the top two locations to my L:\ drive and then DELETED all existing scan locations that Studio One pulled out of thin air and manually added the L:\ location path - since I have my actual soundsets on L:| (as noted under Installation)

Clicked OK on it - thinking that single scan location (let's call it Location 1) was going to be my only location.

But then a few days later - when doing a few final checks on the environment - I come back into this dialog and I see that Studio One has magically added scan locations 2 and 3 - for purposes unknown. Not only were they added to Scan Locations by a mysterious force - these two paths do not actually exist anywhere on my computer.

Then - today - per this request - I come in here again - and now I see Scan Location 4 (with red arrow) - also which does not actually exist on my hard drive.

After your request for a screencap - I managed to highlight Location 4 and clicked Remove to get it out of the scan locations area BUT cannot remove locations 1, 2 or 3 now at all.

If I try to highlight any one of these paths - the item is not highlighted. Pressing the Remove button does nothing.

UPDATE; After dropping that 4th path - I do not see that strange Scanning Sound Sets dialog anymore.

But something is still really off with this dialog - probably need a bug report on it.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.6.1.99821 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.250) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by Trucky on Tue May 07, 2024 4:18 pm
I'm using the default locations as shown here but the top entry for soundsets you're using should be fine for the path to your external drive (as long as it performs well)...

I think the "All Locations" path was added to make it easier for 3rd party DAWs to access PreSonus Hub plugins as the Public path permissions usually has less restrictions.

Attachments
Soundsets.png

OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by Vocalpoint on Tue May 07, 2024 4:25 pm
Trucky wroteI'm using the default locations as shown here...

I think the "All Locations" path was added to make it easier for 3rd party DAWs to access PreSonus Hub plugins as the Public path permissions usually has less restrictions.

Fair enough - but I have 82.3 GB of soundsets. Won't be putting those on the ole C Drive anytime soon :)

I am willing to consider moving these to my D:\ drive - over to (D:\Documents\Studio One\Sound Sets) which is my main default user data directory anyway.

But I first need to be able to clean up this dialog - and if the Remove Button is not working and these old paths cannot be removed - I might be signing up for trouble here.

What does the Reset button at the end of Installation Paths do?

If I can find a way to totally reset this dialog to default paths - might be good to just use them.

VP

by Trucky on Tue May 07, 2024 4:37 pm
Vocalpoint wroteWhat does the Reset button at the end of Installation Paths do?
It just sets both locations back to the default paths.

by Vocalpoint on Wed May 08, 2024 5:57 am
Trucky

Took a page from your install and reset everything back to the default sound set paths. Moved all my sound sets back to the default location and now I have just two scan paths (the defaults) and was able to clean up the other L:\ references etc.

But - even after all that - I once again see this oddball dialog popping up.

I am starting to think this has nothing to do with the actual paths/locations - but potentially with the sound sets themselves.

My install is not just typical "Presonus" content - mine contains the VERY huge Toolbox II sound set (40GB) from Kulture Sounds and their newest entry DrumBox (3.9GB) which could very well be causing this issue.

At first glance - my gut says this is some sort of "delay" parsing the sound sets - but only DEV could tell us exactly what is happening during this "scanning sound sets" routine.

It is not impacting Studio One startup or causing any other issues that I can see.

Will consider it to be normal - until someone tells me it's not.

VP

by Trucky on Wed May 08, 2024 6:27 am
Vocalpoint wroteI am starting to think this has nothing to do with the actual paths/locations - but potentially with the sound sets themselves.

My install is not just typical "Presonus" content - mine contains the VERY huge Toolbox II sound set (40GB) from Kulture Sounds and their newest entry DrumBox (3.9GB) which could very well be causing this issue.
More than likely it's related to those soundsets.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1