3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I setup a new external device as an instrument with midi channel 10 enabled, that is the channel the Roland TD-50X sends on. I named the external device TD-50X/Focusrite USB. The midi signal runs from midi out on the Roland drum module to my Focusrite 4i4 midi in. I note that I do not see the midi channels in Song Setup under Focusrite USB Audio I/O; I don’t know if they should be showing or not. When I record to the midi track I do not get individual notes, instead it is a blocky vertical line as per attached pic. I don’t know how to interpret that line and how to get midi note information onto the midi track. All help and suggestions appreciated. Thanks. Bruce

Attachments
IMG_0588.jpeg

Studio One Pro 6
Win 11 Intel i9-12900K - Focusrite 4i4
by Tacman7 on Sat May 04, 2024 11:43 am
Welcome to the Forum!

Looks like your signal is getting to the track. Anything you send to the track will sound if it's a VI no matter what channel.

That looks like automation not notes, could you show the the tracks how they are setup?

Try hitting the A key and see if that changes things.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by binto100 on Sat May 04, 2024 6:10 pm
Thank you for your quick reply.

Well after a little more fiddling because I know very little I decided to setup the TD-50X as a keyboard and not a instrument and Wa La midi notes all over the place!

I know I have more confusion but this was a great start for today.

Thanks!

Studio One Pro 6
Win 11 Intel i9-12900K - Focusrite 4i4

3 posts
Page 1 of 1