3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,
I have a brand new minisforum UM780XTX pc, all of my drivers are up to date. I get this clicky noise and it records also the same noise. In studio One 5 , I can see it will go down to 8 samples but have to go to 128 for the noise to stop. Btw my specs are:
AMD Ryzen 7 7840HS
with Radeon 780M Graphics
96 GB DDR5 Ram (yeah overkill, I know)
I have a brother who has a minisforum and it does the exact same thing
Although, He also has a Beelink Ser5 and has no issues( slower CPU and graphics)
After troubleshooting together for days we have both uninstalled all drivers, re-installed drivers and even rolling back drivers to no avail...still the clicky noises.
One difference between my pc and my brothers pc is mine will show as low as 8 samples in studio one 5 and his only goes to as low as 32 samples( on the older Beelink but his will work fine on that pc), BUT not on the minisforum he has which runs a Ryzen 9 with the same graphics.
I am not getting any noise on anything audio-wise on the PC other than with Studio One 5 and using any effects or instruments( they both do this).

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue and whether it is a studio One issue or a minisforum issue?
Any help would be gratefully appreciated!!
by Trucky on Fri May 03, 2024 12:32 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

Please update your signature (see link and example in mine) with ALL your system specs to help in response to your questions.

For example, please include your audio interface, operating system, etc.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by Tacman7 on Fri May 03, 2024 5:21 pm
2550marshall wroteWondering if anyone else has had this issue and whether it is a studio One issue or a minisforum issue?

Not so much an issue as a fact of life, latency. You run software and hardware on the computer, but you have to give it enough time to complete the task you set for it.

Depends on the load you put on a computer as well as your computers capabilities. One hundred plugins or one plugin, makes a difference, it's the workload.

If you push it too hard it can't complete the job in time and you get artifacts or crackles.

Load up your computer with the amount of instruments you like to work with, best to make a starting song template so when you create a new song it has everything in it you need to write a song etc.

So you got your normal song, now you find the latency you are able to run. Set your latency to 256 or so it can play perfectly, now you start cutting it in half and testing it. Each time you do that you are telling the computer, "do the same amount of work in half the time".
That's the process, keep lowering the sample buffer until you encounter artifacts then raise it up to where it was working.

Your latency can change over the course of a songs development.

Like Trucky said, need to know your interface, it's a big part of the computer workflow equation.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

3 posts
Page 1 of 1