6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Slowly migrating from Samplitude and getting my head around the similarities and differences.

Question (one of many to come, I suspect!):
How to I group all recorded events (from, say, a multi miked guitar amp), from the beginning of a recording, but not by using the "temporarily grouped" function, so that selecting/moving/splitting one does the same for all, without using the "track group" function, as I don't want the faders and pans grouped?

I assume I'm missing something simple, as it's automatically done in my other DAW's.

Cheers,
Bob.

Intel i9 13900KS, 128 gigs DDR5, Raedon RX 570, Asus Prime Z690 mobo, RME UFX. SSD drives. Win 11 Pro 64 bit. Grover Notting Monitors.
by Tacman7 on Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:12 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

I used to record guitar with stereo wet and mono dry tracks which were grouped so that when you chopped up the guitar parts it did it to all three. That was cool.

A folder track is probably what you want, easy to close up and reduce size of the tracks and easy to move around.

If you chop up a folder what's inside gets chopped up as well so that can have some applications.

There's some more grouping options:
https://s1manual.presonus.com/en/#Arran ... 57C_____15

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by bobspencer1 on Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:51 pm
Tacman, I already have made use of the folder option.

Thanks for the link!

Is this the only way to achieve the desired result?

Will do signature later today.

Cheers,
Bob.

Intel i9 13900KS, 128 gigs DDR5, Raedon RX 570, Asus Prime Z690 mobo, RME UFX. SSD drives. Win 11 Pro 64 bit. Grover Notting Monitors.
by patm300e on Wed May 01, 2024 12:42 pm
Wow bobspencer1, that is quite the machine you have! I have an i9 as well, but not nearly as much RAM and I am using internal video card.

Studio One 6.5 Professional on Home built i9 10900K on ASUS Z490 Prime-A with 32 GB RAM 64-bit Windows 10 Pro Premium 500GB M2 WD Black SSD (OS) 1TB M2 WD Black SSD Data Drive. Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD, and/or XR-18 USB 2.0 Interface. Single FaderPort , Behringer X-Touch control. Ozone 10 Advanced, Various Waves Plug-ins including Nx with Head Tracker and Ocean Way Nashville and Abbey Road studios.M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini 32-Mini-Key Keyboard Controller, You Rock Guitar [Gen 2] Guitar MIDI Controller. Alesis DM10 MKII Studio Kit Electronic Drum Set.
by patricemazmanian on Thu May 02, 2024 5:46 am
bobspencer1 wroteSlowly migrating from Samplitude and getting my head around the similarities and differences.

How to I group all recorded events (from, say, a multi miked guitar amp), from the beginning of a recording, but not by using the "temporarily grouped" function, so that selecting/moving/splitting one does the same for all, without using the "track group" function, as I don't want the faders and pans grouped?

I assume I'm missing something simple, as it's automatically done in my other DAW's.

Cheers,
Bob.

It's completely possible, just edit the group.

https://s1manual.presonus.com/en/#Mixin ... 257C_____5

S1 pro 6 -Vienna Ensemble Pro - Melodyne - Notion 6 - Win10 - jBridge 1.65 - Motherboard ASUS Z87-K - i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 32 Go RAM - GeForce GT 610 1024MB - Audio interface RME Hammerfall multiface II - Faderport - ADAT Interface Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre - EWQL hollywood-orchestra...
by bobspencer1 on Thu May 02, 2024 4:48 pm
patricemazmanian wrote
bobspencer1 wroteSlowly migrating from Samplitude and getting my head around the similarities and differences.

Cheers,
Bob.

It's completely possible, just edit the group.

https://s1manual.presonus.com/en/#Mixin ... 257C_____5

Ah, OK. Right click and disable "group pan" etc.
Ta.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1