1 post
Page 1 of 1
Hey. I’m on an old computer and recently switched to a Metric Halo Lio-8mkiv from a Presonus 2632. I never used the Lio-8 while using Studio One 5, but I have been a user of S1 since v2.

With 6, in a project open and no plugins, I find my processor is often over 130% on my cpu meter while using the Metric Halo as my interface. When using the Quantum, the processor sits around 5%. In a session, my computer regularly fans up hard and loud and shows 170% when simply starting a mix while the Lio is active. If I begin to use pipeline, my CPU meter really shows a huge increase, often over 200%. The quantum takes many instances before it begins to touch even 10% but has far greater incidences of the dreaded audio drop out.

For compatibility reasons I also run Pro Tools 12 and Digital Performer 11, as well as Final Cut Pro and Adobe Audition. The metric halo performs far better than the quantum with these programs in terms of functionality and cpu usage.

Before I revert back to v5 to see if it is a problem brought about in v6, is anyone else seeing this issue? It makes S1 unusable for me due to the fan noise.

I am on the most recent mIo v.6.2.01

Thanks!
Ian

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10

1 post
Page 1 of 1