7 posts
Page 1 of 1
.....now that Hybrid has been announced, will it actually register as hybrid when I add it to my account? Just that I can get a year for $230 AUD at best service rather than $280, and I can pay in with paypal with 4 interest free payments. Otherwise I will have to sadly hold off for now and pay $30 for just another month and hope I can afford it next month.
Would love a quick answer to this one as my PLUS expired, and I only have V4 to fall back on as that was the last upgrade I did.

Cheers

14900K/128gb Ram//Win 11 Pro/Motu 828 MK5/S1 6.5x
by Vocalpoint on Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:33 pm
TNM wrote.....now that Hybrid has been announced, will it actually register as hybrid when I add it to my account?

My understanding was that right at last weeks announcements - Plus was automatically changed to Hybrid and the "old" naming convention was instantly retired.

I would think you are good to go via Best Service.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.6.1.99821 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.250) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by TNM on Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:57 pm
Vocalpoint wrote
TNM wrote.....now that Hybrid has been announced, will it actually register as hybrid when I add it to my account?

My understanding was that right at last weeks announcements - Plus was automatically changed to Hybrid and the "old" naming convention was instantly retired.

I would think you are good to go via Best Service.

VP

You would think so, indeed. Oh well, I will take a chance.
Thanks for the reply btw.

by strumpy_strudel on Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:27 pm
Per the FAQ:

Studio One+ Annual subscribers whose subscription began or renewed on or after January 1, 2024 will have their Annual plans converted to Studio One+ Hybrid plans and be eligible to receive a non-updating perpetual license to Studio One Pro at the end of their subscription period (beginning January 1, 2025).

I got mine in September so I wouldn't qualify, but I wouldn't want the non-updating perpetual license anyway.

When mine expires, I'm probably just going to get the regular perpetual license. I'm finding over time I'm using very few of the add-ons that made Studio One+ appealing and "worth it" to me in the first place: Notion desktop is abandonware and none of the additional Studio One libraries/plug-ins/soundsets/expansions/loops offer anything that NI, Arturia, FabFilter, u-He, iZotope, Plugin Alliance, etc. aren't giving me. Notion Mobile is cool, but at $15 I'll just buy that standalone.

In my case, Studio One Pro is sufficient and I'd rather not have to pay for x.x updates. I suspect Studio One 7 will be out around the time my current subscription expires.
by TNM on Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:44 pm
strumpy_strudel wrotePer the FAQ:

Studio One+ Annual subscribers whose subscription began or renewed on or after January 1, 2024 will have their Annual plans converted to Studio One+ Hybrid plans and be eligible to receive a non-updating perpetual license to Studio One Pro at the end of their subscription period (beginning January 1, 2025).

I got mine in September so I wouldn't qualify, but I wouldn't want the non-updating perpetual license anyway.

When mine expires, I'm probably just going to get the regular perpetual license. I'm finding over time I'm using very few of the add-ons that made Studio One+ appealing and "worth it" to me in the first place: Notion desktop is abandonware and none of the additional Studio One libraries/plug-ins/soundsets/expansions/loops offer anything that NI, Arturia, FabFilter, u-He, iZotope, Plugin Alliance, etc. aren't giving me. Notion Mobile is cool, but at $15 I'll just buy that standalone.

In my case, Studio One Pro is sufficient and I'd rather not have to pay for x.x updates. I suspect Studio One 7 will be out around the time my current subscription expires.

I am really into the plugins and I like having all the native sample libraries. Sorry you missed out. Believe me it happens to me all the time.
I actually am happy I'll be able to get a perpetual license for the same price as the upgrade now through best service and a full year access to all the goodies.
All the best.

by TNM on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:48 am
I am in a perpetual nightmare. I think it's prudent to warn people what happens if you ever let your subscription lapse and it goes to Studio one Prime.

I have NO idea if this would have been different had I bought direct from Presonus.

So far I can not use what I paid for, I am sure they won't add the extra days till it's sorted out to my subscription though. We'll see.

Bought studio one+ one year from best service.

Registered it in my presonus account.

All the stuff I previously had as a studio one subscriber have re populated in my presonus account products.

However, it still launches with Studio One Prime. And it shows me an option to activate ALL the addons, EXCEPT studio one pro.

Logged out and in.

Used the upgrade button in S1 and "show my serials", it doesn't show my Studio One Pro 6 code.

You know why?

Every single product in my account has a serial but when I click on S1 6 pro, it just says "download here". No serial is displayed. So it's impossible to get it back.

Uninstalled and re installed. No dice.

Aside from going deep in the registry and trying to deleted everything presonus I am clueless right now.

It also still says "click here to buy a perpetual copy of S1", so I am wondering if I got hybrid at all.

Note to self, buy direct next time. Wasn't worth it. The word hybrid isn't anywhere.

Anyway, it's impossible to activate studio one pro, cause the app is too dumb to connect to my account and auto activate, it is insistent on wanting a serial number that simply does not exist.

So there's where I am at.

If you let your sub lapse to prime, this is the hell you will go through too, though I can't say for sure if it would happen if bought direct at presonus.

by AAV on Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:45 pm
Very sorry to hear of the issues you are having. THIS kind of thing is by FAR the biggest reason I won't do a subscription for anything Presonus. There are too many issues on these forums (well before 6.6 and hybrid licensing,) where credit cards lapse, or a customer didn't renew soon enough (?) or the store just snafu'd something in the transaction, and the customer is sol waiting for service to get it sorted out. Unacceptable.
(Hope you get this sorted quickly, and with minimal inconvenience. And very sorry to add to the aggravation by piling on).

Studio One 6.6 Pro, Audient ID4 mark II,
Gigabyte Designair Z390, 32GB DDR4 3200, Intel i9-9900K 4.8 GHZ, 2 TB & 1 TB SSD, 3 x 1TB 7200 rpm HDD, Windows 11 Pro 64 23H2

7 posts
Page 1 of 1