3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have been using Studio One for about four years now. I don't think I've ever had the issue I'm about to describe.

I have about five or six MIDI tracks, most of which use my Yamaha MOXF6 synthesizer. From time to time, as I work on a song, I set the voice number on my synthesizer to the intended voice for a specific MIDI track, and record the playback of that single MIDI track to an audio track.

The song I'm currently constructing started out without any issues. However, a couple days ago, I recorded a few measures in front of existing MIDI content for my organ track. Now when I play that track, it'll playback fine one time only. When I try to play that MIDI track again in the same Studio One session, the program will signal that MIDI messages are being sent, but I don't hear anything at all from my synthesizer. I can try it over and over, and it doesn't change. It's not until I close the program that I suddenly get a whole barrage of MIDI notes suddenly blasting into my ears from my synthesizer. So it's like these messages are being queued up, but aren't actually getting sent or received until I close out Studio One.

One top of this, yesterday, I recorded some MIDI notes to the end of a different MIDI track for bass, and now the exact same problem exists for that track. It'll playback one time just fine in a given Studio One session, and then it won't play anything afterward.

Although only those two tracks trigger the problem, the problem prevents *all* MIDI messages from playing the instrument, regardless of the track.

Has anyone ever experienced this issue? It's very odd to me, and it's making my song increasingly difficult to work on. Please help!

Specs:
Studio One Professional 5.5.2
Windows 11
16 GB RAM
256 GB SSD (where Studio One is installed)
1 TB SSD (where all project data resides)

Relevant Equipment:
iConnectivity MioXL (send/receive all MIDI messages to/from all instruments)
Yamaha MOXF6 (connected via DIN cables)

Device: HP Laptop 17t-by200 (16GB RAM, Core i7-10510U, 256GB internal SSD, 1TB external SSD)
Software: Studio One 5.5.2
Mixer/Audio Interface: StudioLive 24 Series III
MIDI Interface: iConnectivity MioXL
Synths: Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha DX7 II-FD, Yamaha TX81Z, Korg Triton-Rack
DSP: Ensoniq DP/4
Mic: Shure SM58
by Jemusic on Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:03 pm
Sounds strange indeed. How many midi ports do you use? Maybe something weird is happening inside that midi interface. Maybe its not fully Win 11 compliant yet. Problem is that interface is not well known.

Is there anyway you can get a hold of a well known reliable interface such as a MOTU Midi EXpress XT for example. And swap it out to see if the problem exists. I use MOTU interfaces and have never had an issue ever.

How long is the USB cable connecting your interface and how long are the midi leads going to the synth? Sometimes long cables can create some strange results too.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by damiangrove on Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:01 am
I only got little time to look the other day, but I can tell you it's not just the MioXL. I remembered my MOXF6 had built-in MIDI that I've used lots of times in the past. So I hooked it up directly to the PC via USB instead of to the MioXL via DIN cables like I had it and tried it, and the problem persists with it too.

In the case of my keyboard, the USB cable is probably no longer than 5-6 ft in length. Same goes for the USB cable from the MioXL to the PC. And the DIN cables I had been using when the MOXF was connected to the MioXL are about 10 ft in length.

Device: HP Laptop 17t-by200 (16GB RAM, Core i7-10510U, 256GB internal SSD, 1TB external SSD)
Software: Studio One 5.5.2
Mixer/Audio Interface: StudioLive 24 Series III
MIDI Interface: iConnectivity MioXL
Synths: Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha DX7 II-FD, Yamaha TX81Z, Korg Triton-Rack
DSP: Ensoniq DP/4
Mic: Shure SM58

3 posts
Page 1 of 1