322 postsPage 14 of 17
1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Anderton wrote
Lokeyfly wroteNow that v6.6 is running, I wanted to mention how much I like the Surround Delay plugin. Perfect for a particular track I'm using with an Arturia CMI-V (Fairlight) from the V Collection. The ambience from the Surround Delay is tremendous and enhances the stereo field wonderfully.
👍

Many people don't seem to realize you can use the surround panpots with stereo projects. This is huge. I now have zero desire to go back to standard panpots when mixing stereo. I did a blog post about how to do this called Reinvent Your Stereo Panning, check it out.

I'll revisit that Craig. I breifly saw your post, enough to appreciate there are advantages with it in stereo alone. Now that I'm in there using the Surround Delay, I did some pan adjusting and immediately discovered some forward and rear pseudo acoustic changes. Really sweet! Typically, almost invariably I have all my reverb and delay effects as sends (naturally). In this case, because I had effect sends already in place (mix really sounding good), I ran the Surround Delay as an insert only on the CMI. The result was so friggin' transparent. I then turned the Surround Delay off, and the difference was startling. The Preset I started with was Space01. Then moved on from there. Huge being the underlined word. Too cool!
Checking your blog post....

S1-6.6, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by shaunsmith6 on Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:05 am
Presonus if people are worried about not getting the new synth due to the new pay package why not sell the synth (Lead Architect) separately?

I don't get it.

If a company needs more money to pay staff why not advertise and add synths that you can buy so there is money always coming in?

Maybe if I take over from Fender. I will give you some good ideas on how to make money.

I would purchase the synth and still be up to date without using a subscription.
by PreAl on Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:22 am
shaunsmith6 wrotePresonus if people are worried about not getting the new synth due to the new pay package why not sell the synth (Lead Architect) separately?

I don't get it.

If a company needs more money to pay staff why not advertise and add synths that you can buy so there is money always coming in?

Maybe if I take over from Fender. I will give you some good ideas on how to make money.

I would purchase the synth and still be up to date without using a subscription.

The marketing/bean counters have decided there is sale value with exclusivity. What they don't understand is that excluding existing customers can give people the brush off.

However I've got too many synths to care about it right now, so I'm not bothered. If they starting fixing basic long term bugs for subscribers only I'd get in a rage about that, but it seems not enough of that is happening anyway (my toys have already exited the pram about this).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by gregghart on Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:38 am
Vocalpoint wrote
davidwyatt7 wroteAnyone running Windows 11 getting the "This application requires Windows 10 20H1 or later." error when trying to update to 6.6?

What exact version of Windows 11 are your running?

Click Start->Run and type "winver" at the prompt.

VP

Also, did you have to run one of the hacks to bypass processor / thread limitations to upgrade Win10 to Win11?

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by DaddyO on Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:31 am
Anderton wrote
PreAl wroteGive Anderton the credit I would never have thought about it, I just jumped on his bandwagon. Try to use the ASIO drivers that are supplied for your interface rather than Windows audio (unless you have no choice). Thx.

Well thanks, but it's an important bandwagon and your post added clarity. It's also good you mentioned avoiding Windows drivers unless necessary. Although the newer ones are getting better, ASIO drivers dedicated to an interface remain the best option.

ASIO4ALL-based drivers have become accepted because sometimes they work. But it's good to remind people that its branded variants are just as problematic as standard ASIO4ALL, and programs install it willy-nilly so you can end up with four or five of them on your computer.

True story: I had a friend who was about to do a presentation to a group of important people on an audio interface that had excellent drivers. He used the interface all the time in his studio. For the presentation, he installed the drivers on his laptop for use with the interface and all hell broke loose. He was in a total panic and asked if I could help. The first thing I checked for was ASIO4ALL being installed bedause I'd run into a similar problem before that took me forever to figure out. As soon as I uninstalled it, everything worked fine.

Having not paid attention to the fine print in you signature, I failed to realize who you were. I remembered the last name Anderton from one of my first MIDI books way back when, but I assumed it was a coincidence. Then today I noticed your webpage details and realized you are THAT Anderton, Craig Anderton, who through your book introduced me to the subject when I was first getting interested in computer-based music. Thank you, sir.

Hobbyist
Windows 10
VSL - VE Pro 7, VI Pro, MIR Pro, MIRx
VSL - VI Symphonic Cube Full, SpecEds 1-4 and PLUS
VSL - SY Strings Pro, SYzd Woodwinds, Solo Strings, SpecEds 1-4 and PLUS
Cubase 9.5, Dorico 3.5
by Vocalpoint on Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:37 pm
gregghart wrote Also, did you have to run one of the hacks to bypass processor / thread limitations to upgrade Win10 to Win11?

Nice one! Forgot about this.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.6.1.99821 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.250) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by evgenykiselevich on Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:42 am
hopetonmcgregorjr wrote
ulrichberndt wrote
robertcollado1 wroteSince I installed the update I am having problems with one plugin : The God Particle
The entire interface of the plugin is black , every time I open a new instance I have the same problem a black interface with no settings .
I am on Mac intel , anybody else had problems with the god particle and the new studio one update ?

Same problem after 6.6 update.

Windows 10 Home 22H2
by bassfx on Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:48 pm
bassfx wrote
Anderton wroteI can't predict the future, but two things...

Thanks, Craig! I really appreciate your perspective. I wanted to peek back into the thread today and see what the latest news was, given the mixed messaging and related reactions to the news of last week, and I saw your responses.

I still don't see any official word from Presonus yet, so do you think at this point it's safe to assume that Presonus is not going to say much more on this topic? Officially, that is?

I'm just thinking for now that since you (and a few others) have sort of unofficially covered some of the main issues now, and since Presonus didn't object to your statements or offer any other clarifications, that perhaps they feel the matter is basically settled?

Your further insight is always appreciated.

Well it's Friday, another week gone by, and I still don't see any official word from Presonus to clarify everything and let us know where this ship is really heading. Including no additional unofficial insight from Craig Anderton on this situation, who is the best thing going for Presonus PR right now IMO.

This lack of official response truly surprises and disappoints me, especially to see so many unofficial posts and speculation here and on other platforms/forums, but no transparency and clarity right from Presonus management itself.

I can only conclude at this point that Presonus is satisfied with what unfolded and fine with this unofficial response for now. While Presonus may be planning a formal response later on with a patch release and/or new online store launch, the net effect on me has caused me to re-evaluate whether or not I want to continue using Studio One or any Presonus products for that matter.

So after having some time to think about it and looking back at the overall direction of Presonus in recent years, I realized my time using Studio One is coming to an end.

Why waste my time posting this? Why not just fade out and disappear? Very true, I could just give up. But I decided to post this with one last bit of hope that maybe one of the Presonus senior leadership will read this and make some changes to the direction Presonus is going. No need to get into more detail here, I've already said my thoughts in other posts in this thread, including some sincere suggestions. I'll just reiterate what I said about Arnd earlier in this thread, that I respect him and his team, I've had good exchanges with him in the past, and I wish them all the best in the future.

However, I've now realized I'm no longer going the same direction that I see Presonus going.

So I'm checking out and saying goodbye for now, I'll miss Studio One, but who knows, life goes on, you never know the future, so perhaps Studio One 7 or 8 or 9 running on Linux one day will be my dream DAW, and maybe I'll see a shift in the Presonus business model that I like too. I've been around the block a few times to know the wisdom of keeping my options open in this business.

Cheers to all of you -- best wishes in your own creative journeys, may you make your best music ever.
by Vocalpoint on Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:57 pm
bassfx wrote
bassfx wroteCheers to all of you -- best wishes in your own creative journeys, may you make your best music ever.

bassfx

Continued success!

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.6.1.99821 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.250) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by da46 on Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:49 am
Some clarification over the everlasting bug of Studio One on MacOS.
Aimed especially at the devs. This is more than an easy fix, guys.. It should not take then next 10 releases before getting it sorted.

Attachments

[ Play Quicktime file ] Studio One Z-Index bug.mp4 [ 43.74 MiB | Viewed 642 times ]

Macbook Pro 16" M1 Pro - 32GB Ram - 1TB SSD, Apollo Twin X Thunderbolt 3, ZOOM H4N Usb
by Vocalpoint on Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:09 am
da46 wroteThis is more than an easy fix, guys.

It is an easy fix.

Click the Pin icon in the upper right of a plugin UI and the plugins will stay right where you need them to be.

VP

by jackdey on Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:45 am
shaunsmith6 wrotePresonus if people are worried about not getting the new synth due to the new pay package why not sell the synth (Lead Architect) separately?

I don't get it.

That's very easy to answer: any one who makes a project with S1 subscription and uses the synth (or any other addon no longer available for purchase) will no longer be able to playback their project unless they resubscribe. It's the whole premise of "Hybrid" - a model designed to mislead users with the promise of a "perpetual " license. A perpetual license that cannot play back projects unless you resubscribe. It's all about money. And the fact Presonus have made no official comment, no clarification, just shows how much contempt they have for their users.
by AAV on Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:18 am
Geez...... First...OF COURSE it's about MONEY or did you get the impression Presonus was a non-profit? CONTEMPT.........C'mon! Just don't use the new synth, or use it for a year and render it out. Or use your midi on a new synth. There is no conspiracy.

Studio One 6.6 Pro, Audient ID4 mark II,
Gigabyte Designair Z390, 32GB DDR4 3200, Intel i9-9900K 4.8 GHZ, 2 TB & 1 TB SSD, 3 x 1TB 7200 rpm HDD, Windows 11 Pro 64 23H2
by Vocalpoint on Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:16 am
jackdey wroteA perpetual license that cannot play back projects unless you resubscribe.

Correction - A perpetual license that will give you access to your full S1 projects and play back everything you ever recorded - forever - just as long as you never use any extras contained in the Hybrid subscription.

If it's really "all about the money" - a smart user could take this Hybrid deal, enjoy a full 12 months worth of outstanding updates, never use the Hybrid extras and then ride into the sunset on a new school perp license - forever. Never having to spend a cent again for years.

If you have the fortitude to ignore the extras AND be content to stay on a specific version of S1 for many years - this could be the best $180.00 bucks you ever spent.

Unlike other companies subs - that cut you off permanently at the knees when the term ends and you end up with nothing.

VP

by johndoe313 on Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:05 am
Vocalpoint wroteIf you have the fortitude to ignore the extras AND be content to stay on a specific version of S1 for many years - this could be the best $180.00 bucks you ever spent.

Or (as AAV stated) enjoy the extras for one year and render them out before the subscription expires.

Studio One Pro 6.6.1 | RME Fireface UCX II (DriverKit 4.10) + Behringer ADA8200 | MacBook Pro 16" (2019) - i7 - 32GB - 1TB | macOS Ventura 13.6.6 | Faderport v2 (FW 3.74)
by da46 on Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:30 am
Vocalpoint wrote
da46 wroteThis is more than an easy fix, guys.

It is an easy fix.

Click the Pin icon in the upper right of a plugin UI and the plugins will stay right where you need them to be.

VP

Your consideration is valid for Windows version of the software, not on MacOS.

Macbook Pro 16" M1 Pro - 32GB Ram - 1TB SSD, Apollo Twin X Thunderbolt 3, ZOOM H4N Usb
by Vocalpoint on Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:49 am
da46 wroteYour consideration is valid for Windows version of the software, not on MacOS.

Interesting. Just tested this here - and my plugins stay right where they are - even without clicking the "pin" icon on Windows 10.

Looks like a "focus" issue on Mac where whatever you click on - if it is an actual running process (executable) like your example with the UAD Console (running executable) AND Studio One (running executable) and NOT a plugin window (which is a non-executable process) it takes over the screen.

On the surface (not being a Mac user) - if this ends up being a MacOS thing - where Apple is in control of the order of focus and foreground application - not sure what Presonus can do here.

All I can confirm is that Windows 10 allows overlapping windows without issue and that has nothing to do with Studio One as this behavior is repeatable with any pair of executables (Word, Photoshop, Wavelab etc etc)

VP

by jackdey on Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:26 am
Vocalpoint wrote
jackdey wroteA perpetual license that cannot play back projects unless you resubscribe.

Correction - A perpetual license that will give you access to your full S1 projects and play back everything you ever recorded - forever - just as long as you never use any extras contained in the Hybrid subscription.

If it's really "all about the money" - a smart user could take this Hybrid deal, enjoy a full 12 months worth of outstanding updates, never use the Hybrid extras and then ride into the sunset on a new school perp license - forever. Never having to spend a cent again for years.

If you have the fortitude to ignore the extras AND be content to stay on a specific version of S1 for many years - this could be the best $180.00 bucks you ever spent.

Unlike other companies subs - that cut you off permanently at the knees when the term ends and you end up with nothing.

VP

That assumes users know about the addons not being included. The whole revenue generation premise of the Hybrid strategy is that the extras are not included in perpetual and are withdrawn from sale. This forces users to resubscribe if they used any addon such as the new synth. It is a strategy designed to mislead casual users whilst offering a headline "value proposition" for marketing. They will know all the install numbers, this will have been analysed and modelled accordingly without consideration of the loyal "Pro License" users and the features withdrawn from that group of users. I'm sure they are patting themselves on the back knowing they have herded in some already. 👀
by MisterE on Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:01 am
For anyone feeling deprived about not being able to pay their hard earned cash for Lead Architect, with all respect toward what that VST may have on offer, coincidentally I just stumbled upon this free dead-on emulation of the Access Virus:

https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/

Americans like me were probably unfamiliar with the Virus series since the country as a whole never went wild for "Eurobeats," so it flew under my radar completely. Well, all I can say is that not only is it a sonic universe way more diverse than just an ability to create squiggly arpeggiated Eurobeats, it's actually blown my mind how good it is (original OB8 owner here) at all sorts of sound creation. And the GUI is even easy to get around on.

Do yourself a favor, go down the rabbit hole, I've been around here a while and don't make a habit of gushing about things but this emulation is fantastic and it's free!

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by Vocalpoint on Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:34 am
jackdey wrote That assumes users know about the addons not being included.

Users are always on their own to determine what's in and what's out. No one promised any hand holding here.

jackdey wroteThe whole revenue generation premise of the Hybrid strategy is that the extras are not included in perpetual and are withdrawn from sale. This forces users to resubscribe if they used any addon such as the new synth. It is a strategy designed to mislead casual users whilst offering a headline "value proposition" for marketing. 👀

No one is "forced" to do anything. If you do not like the terms or conditions or what you get and what you don't get - buy something else. Presonus won't be offended.

That's the beauty of a free market - free for companies to sell their wares and free for buyers to decide whether those wares are for them (or not).

BTW - you are really making it sound like these "extras" are some sort of hill to die on. They're not.

Doing just fine "extra free' with my "old school" perp license.

VP

322 postsPage 14 of 17
1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17