6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I made a post yesterday about combining different effects within a song in a practice or live settting and jazzundos kindly pointed me to the Show fuction within Studio One.

I didnt know about this because I really use S1 in a basic form really so I never upgraded from v4 but I will of course now do as the Show fuction offers everything I need 🙂.

Now I have tried to stream live before but I just couldnt get the set up right more to the fact im not 100% clued up on all that.

The goal for me is to do a live guitar stream on tiktok (please dont laugh 🙂) but how do I set it up so all the audio is is going through the headphones?

I will be usung a laptop for Studio One (or possibly S1 Mobile on a tablet which I will be looking into), I have a USB Audiobox 96 and would be using an android phone for the actual stream.

I would possibly be using a microphone for talking but only if it is neccesary.

The question is how do I connect all this together to have a good sounding stream, It will only be guitars I use!

Thank you for reading such a long post 🙂.

Regards

Davie

Presonus Audiobox USB 96. Studio One Artist. Acer Aspire E 17 Laptop. Windows 10. Intel Core i3-5005U (2.0 GHz, 3MB, L3 Cache). Intel HD Graphics 5500. 8GB DDR3 Memory. 1000GB HDD.
by AAV on Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:29 am

Studio One 6.6 Pro, Audient ID4 mark II,
Gigabyte Designair Z390, 32GB DDR4 3200, Intel i9-9900K 4.8 GHZ, 2 TB & 1 TB SSD, 3 x 1TB 7200 rpm HDD, Windows 11 Pro 64 23H2
by AAV on Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:40 am
There are other options like voicemeeter and Reaper's reastream but it is best if your audio interface does loopback. Lots of videos on YouTube on setting up a daw to livestream over OBS. Be prepared to roll up your sleeves, but it works.

Studio One 6.6 Pro, Audient ID4 mark II,
Gigabyte Designair Z390, 32GB DDR4 3200, Intel i9-9900K 4.8 GHZ, 2 TB & 1 TB SSD, 3 x 1TB 7200 rpm HDD, Windows 11 Pro 64 23H2
by David_72 on Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:51 pm
Thank you very much I can look into this 🙂

Regards

David

Presonus Audiobox USB 96. Studio One Artist. Acer Aspire E 17 Laptop. Windows 10. Intel Core i3-5005U (2.0 GHz, 3MB, L3 Cache). Intel HD Graphics 5500. 8GB DDR3 Memory. 1000GB HDD.
by jebbyslonar on Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:04 am
NO this can't be done. Not possible. You need a better interface (more ins and outs so you can do a physical patch from outs to ins you take as ins in OBS) than that Audiobox 96 with only 1 input pair. Look I have gotten an old M Audio interface for about $100 used on auction with 8 ins and 8 outs and that is a great interface the M Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R that thing is MONEY if it is in good condition or the FTU (not 8R) the reason being they have EXCELLENT driver control panels that are 64 bit and will be very usable even into Windows 10 (probably windows 11) 100 or less I would suppose on the internet you could find one (same price as the Audiobox 96, well you do get Studio One Artist for buying your Audiobox 96 at least).

Unfortunately that Audiobox 96 has only 1 input pair and you can't monitor your guitar and use a virtual cable (like VBAN) in Windows. If it was a VST synth you could do it, because you would not need the guitar's input so you could just use VBAN audio engine. The problem with this is that you will have a lot of latency with your SLOW and unpowerful i3 computer (even if you ran guitar directly into VBAN and out to Studio One and used VBAN as the engine) and your Audiobox 96 interface going to VBAN audio engine and back from Studio One back to OBS is going to cause too much latency monitoring out of OBS to play guitar you will have a frowny face all the time because you can't possibly play guitar with that much latency.

The good news, is you can still use JUST OBS, cutting Studio one out, and NO PROBLEM you can do it! OBS is a great program and you could even use some VSTS as filters in OBS's audio input source chain (and native OBS plugins) and you can use 1 in for guitar and 1 in for mic (panning in OBS advanced audio settings and doubling up on the lone stereo input of the 96) to sound overpowering and gigantic in your voice, if you just keep adding gain, and use reverb VST on your voice, use noise reduction and gate and limit. I assume you have a bunch of footswitches for distortion since you are doing guitar. i3 computer is that 1 core? now..I looked it up and I found it is 2/4. So you should be able to do some stuff but I wouldn't try all that virtual routing with guitar. Guitar can't have much latency before you get a real frowny face from trying to sound like you should but it never works.

I was doing some similar stuff last year, and using Live Professor and I have a better interface but I think if you just put your FX from Live Professor into OBS you could do it without needing the patchback I have on my (better interface, better i7 type computer processor) setup seen here. See Live Professor I used here for FX for the guitar chain, then I patched the guitar back thru the interface Outs to Ins and then finally monitored the sound out of the computer's realtek outs from OBS (possibly used the interface headphone to monitor I don't remember possibly also used a mic and an in on the interface and not the computer's realtek MIC I don't see one though in the video). The interface was the M Audio M Track 8x4 which has 8 ins and 4 outs so no problem for the patch back and the ins into OBS can be from the patchback and I believe I used the computer's realtek MIC and a huge gain and reverb compressor limiter type chain in the MIC obs in chain, and monitored with some earbuds on a 5 M long 3.5mm cable extension. Here is my song Public Executions I made this way.

[ Play Quicktime file ] Public Executions-1.mp4 [ 67.18 MiB | Viewed 290 times ]

(premier, never posted anywhere else)

Aorus Elite X570
12 USB, 1000/1000 (Mbps)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
12/24, 48
WIndows 11 Pro
Studio One Artist 6.1
Presonus Studio interfaces:
1810C (8 ins, S1 engine)
1824C (8 ADAT to 1810C)
Look up what I'm doing today on my Bitchute channel "Wind Whispering Through The Trees"
Why didn't Van Gogh poke out his eye?
by jebbyslonar on Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:10 pm
Just for fun I decided to go ahead and do this with a 2/4 core computer, so I borrowed one of those, and got my Audiobox 96 hooked up to it. Here is what I came up with, another premeire song and the sound is pretty good, so I guess that means the latency was well low in this DAWless setup just as I described. I show the OBS filters and the Advanced Audio Properties after the song. BTW I also did it using the computers MIC and basically exact same filters and it also worked pretty well (but with the computer's mic there was too much guitar picking audible)

Aorus Elite X570
12 USB, 1000/1000 (Mbps)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
12/24, 48
WIndows 11 Pro
Studio One Artist 6.1
Presonus Studio interfaces:
1810C (8 ins, S1 engine)
1824C (8 ADAT to 1810C)
Look up what I'm doing today on my Bitchute channel "Wind Whispering Through The Trees"
Why didn't Van Gogh poke out his eye?

6 posts
Page 1 of 1