1 post
Page 1 of 1
I'm having a play with Show Mode to see if it would support what I need in a future gig, but I must admit I'm finding it a bit limiting so far. Hopefully, with some suggestions, it would be easier to do what I need. I'm currently on 6.2 - let me know if anything here has been improved in 6.5. (I didn't see much in the change log.)

The first thing I am finding awkward is that the loop mode seems designed only for loop-based music which has no reverb tails or which is already made into a seamless loop. I'd like to use an ambient track which loops between songs, but I can't find any way to do crossfades, so it sounds unnatural when it loops. I'd consider using a MIDI loop for this which would sound more natural, but it seems that while I can play a VST instrument in Show mode, I can't enter MIDI to have the computer do this for me.

Additionally, I can't find any way to overlap tracks. If I have that ambient track between songs 1 and 2, ideally I'd want to be able to switch from loop to continue (which I can), and keep playing that ambient track for a bit over the start of track 2, while the click track is counting in. That doesn't seem possible. It seems like I'd need to create a separate entry in the setlist, and export the count-in separately for it, plus a tiny bit of the ambience as well. Not great, so I'd like to find an alternative if one exists.

Ironically, I can do almost all of the above in Song mode - the exception is being able to have it loop automatically between songs, which is essential for my performance.

[Windows 10 64bit | Studio One 6.2 | Focusrite Clarett 4Pre | ESP Ltd EC 1000 | Line 6 Helix | Novation 61SL Mk III]

1 post
Page 1 of 1