1 post
Page 1 of 1
EDIT 1: I've been told by tech support that the Focusrite 4i4 doesn't support this feature, which I find really disappointing. :cry:

EDIT 2: Success! :thumbup: In the process of capturing screen grabs for Focusrite Tech Support to show them what I was experiencing, after learning from someone with a Focusrite 2i4 that it worked on their system, I cycled through the Drop Out Protection settings to demo how the Process Block size was staying locked to my 4i4's Device Block size. The buffer sizes were staying locked. When I reached Maximum for Dropout Protection, the Process Block size decoupled from the Device Block size and seemed to free up whatever the logjam was. I don't know why. But it's now working.

I'm setting up S1 for the first time. I've watched videos about setting up low latency monitoring (very cool), and I've read this: https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... 0channel(s).

However, the check-box option to engage low latency monitoring instead of hardware monitoring is grayed out; I can't select it. The Device Block Size also sets the Process Block size, so if I set the buffer size lower or higher in the 4i4 Device settings, the Process Block size moves in lock step. I unclicked "safe mode" in the 4i4 settings, to no avail. I assume I need to override the 4i4 somehow?

How do I fix this? I'm using a Focusrite 4i4 3rd Gen. Thanks!

Studio One 6.6.0.99237. Windows 10. Dell 8930 i9/9900. All SSD OS/Storage. 64 gig RAM. Focusrite 4i4 (3rd Gen). Melodyne Studio, Kurzweil SP76 stage piano/MIDI controller, Nektar Impact 25+ MIDI controller. 2018 Faderport. HP4 headphone monitor. Superior Drummer 3, EZ Keys, EZ Bass, Kontakt 7.

1 post
Page 1 of 1