22 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Hello, I just wonder what feature of Studio One is the most popular.... So, I am just going to ask this on the forms.... Good Luck.
I will start first.
My favorite feature that Studio One has is the ability to grab audio from videos. :D
by db on Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:47 am
So many to choose from. :mrgreen: The way the features are presented inside the frame of three pages...

The Start > Song > Project workflow is very slick. :)

House | Dubstep by Thedmncproject

i7 920 | W8.1 x64 | 12GB RAM | Samson | Studio One Pro v2 | Echo Audio Fire 4 | Nvidia GTX 480
by Lawrence on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:42 am
My favorite feature isn't really a 'feature' per se, it's more a general philosophy.

Coming from Cubase (which is a really great product imo), having put all of those personally annoying dialogs in my rear view mirror is my favorite thing. In Studio One I hardly ever see a dialog, and I hate (too many) dialogs.
by josephburke on Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:27 am
LMike wroteI hate (too many) dialogs.

Agreed. Another feature I enjoy using is the Melodyne integration.
I found it very easy to use.
Good luck on your next posts. :D
by Kiwicomposer on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:21 am
I like the way that when I need too create something S1 takes care of most of the background stuff.. ala Create a Bus or whatever and any required AUX, links, routing etc stuff is done for me. So I don't need to remember to do that stuff. I just do what I need in a single action and S1 often fills in the background stuff that I might unintentionally forget or would take 4 or 6 other operations in some other DAW's.

Secondly - It works the way my brain thinks mostly.. Other DAWs don't always do that..

Steve Currington
Wellington, New Zealand

Presonus Audiobox1818vsl, Presonus Audiobox USB, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Presonus Faderport, Presonus Monitor Station v2, M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 keyboard, KMI QuNeo & QuNexus, sundry other external FX hardware, mics, plugins & instruments.
Studio One v2.6.3, Sibelius v7.x, Notion v5.x, Progression v3.x, Melodyne Editor v2.1.2, Logic 9.x
iMac's & MacBookAir all running OSX Mavericks 10.9.5

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by icontakt on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:37 am
Simple and fast global time-stretching.

Tak T. (formerly Jlien X)

PC: ProBook 4710s, Core2 Duo CPU T9600 @2.80GHz, 8GB RAM
Audio/MIDI: Quad-Capture (interface), A-800PRO (keyboard controller)
DAW: Studio One Producer 2.6.2 (64-bit), SONAR Platinum (64-bit)
by -Luis- on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:45 am
Well I've been using Studio One for almost five years and my favorite feature still drag and drop.:D
by dr4kan on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:55 am
No particular feature. It's the overall workflow which is absolutely brilliant.

Guitarist and composer:
----------------------------------------------------
http://www.nimbitmusic.com/davidepagano
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/davidepagano
https://itunes.apple.com/it/artist/davi ... d968493291

My system:
----------------------------------------------------
iMac @4.00 GHz
32 GB ram
OSX 10.12.5
Studio One 3.5
by roland1 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:08 pm
My favorite feature is the one they are going to announce in 3.0.

[Exiting to dramatic musical accompaniment.]

I use: Studio One Pro v4.53 on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and Mac Pro Tower (Sierra) w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.

I can be found at: http://RolandK.ca

Attention all shoppers: The people in commercials are paid actors pretending to like the product. It's easy to forget that fact with the music blaring and their happy smiles flashing.
by patricemazmanian on Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:29 pm
Powerful and easy to use.
The most difficult will be to remain it !

S1 pro 4.5.2 x64 - Melodyne - Notion 6 - Win8 - jBridge 1.65 - Motherboard ASUS Z87-K - i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 16 Go RAM - GeForce GT 610 1024MB - Audio interface RME Hammerfall multiface II - Faderport - ADAT Interface Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre - MIDI Interface Motu MIDI Express 128

http://mazmusic.free.fr/
by overcoat on Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:31 pm
control link is pretty rad :mrgreen:

mac mini 2.6 quad core // RME UCX // modded GAP 73 // Warm Audio WA76// Blue Reaktor, Avantone CV-12Shure SM7B, Shure SM57 & 58 mic's // Korg ms2000b // Korg Padkontrol // Novation sl-mkii // DSI Tetra // Elektron Rytm // Moog Sub 37 // '91 American deluxe strat // Squire Jaguar bass // Martin D-15M // Arturia V-collection // Komplete 9 // UVI Vintage Vault//Lots more vst's and plugs...
by josephburke on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:27 pm
Thank you guys for all the posts... Good luck on all of your next posts! If you guys have other features you like, you may also post it here as well. :D
by sirmonkey on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:57 pm
Geez, hard to pick just one. For now,I'll say:
Drag and drop automation of ANY effect parameter. That is really, really handy.
And drag and drop of so many other things too, of course.

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic,
by NickWeiland on Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:56 am
coming from cubase i should say my favourite feature is how you buss tracks in a similar fashion to logic on a pc format. also the mixer is ace. needs a few tweaks tho but its really good to have this on a pc format. i know lots of friends who have the only alternatives such as pro tools and cubase they use them and find them too difficult to get into. and then they love logic because its a bit more intuitive. then they buy a mac to do that and waste so much money just for logic. im happy i didnt have to do that to enjoy a daw that is so much easier to use.

Computer: Asus Sabertooth x79 MOBO, 64 gb vengance Ram, 4gb windforce gigabyte OC edition graphics card, processor: intel i7 3930 3.8 ghz 6 core, startech firewire card.
Audio Interface;Roland Octa-Capture,8 Mic pres,10 ins/outs, 44.1, 48, 98, 192 khz,
Monitors:Adam a7xs OS:Windows 8 Professional,Daw:Studio One Professional 64 bit version.
by tjgoa on Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:23 pm
overcoat wrotecontrol link is pretty rad :mrgreen:

what is the control link, you mean the hand that grabs a vst automation parameters? What else does the 'hand' do? :D
by overcoat on Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:22 pm
tjgoa wrote
overcoat wrotecontrol link is pretty rad :mrgreen:

what is the control link, you mean the hand that grabs a vst automation parameters? What else does the 'hand' do? :D

yeah, what others have mentioned about automation probably directly relates to control link. The ability to grab any vst or plug-in parameter and automate it with ease. it just works way better than any other daw i've ever used. Logic,reaper and cubase etc... just my opinion.

mac mini 2.6 quad core // RME UCX // modded GAP 73 // Warm Audio WA76// Blue Reaktor, Avantone CV-12Shure SM7B, Shure SM57 & 58 mic's // Korg ms2000b // Korg Padkontrol // Novation sl-mkii // DSI Tetra // Elektron Rytm // Moog Sub 37 // '91 American deluxe strat // Squire Jaguar bass // Martin D-15M // Arturia V-collection // Komplete 9 // UVI Vintage Vault//Lots more vst's and plugs...
by Bub on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:37 pm
My favorite feature, or option if you will, is the ability in the Pro version to sell and transfer your license. I should elaborate on that more. For what I do, almost every DAW out there performs what I need. But none the ones I tried allowed you to sell and transfer your license if you run in to problems running it on your particular PC/Mac or for whatever reason you need to liquidate it.

Studio Ones stability and the fact that I could transfer the license were the main deciding factors when I made the switch from Sonar to S1 Professional and I have no regrets.

Thanks,

Shane

Shane

Intel i7 6700k | Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P | Kingston 16GB 2133 | 2 x Samsung 250GB EVO SSD's | Vantec UGT-FW210 FW Card | Win 10 Pro | S1 Pro 3.5.4 x64 | Firestudio Mobile | Yamaha HS-80's | ART Pro VLA II Vactrol Tube Compressor | ART Pro MPA II Reference Series Tube Mic Pre | Blue Bluebird Mic
by garywilliamson1 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:36 am
since i dont have the budget for outside mastering, I would say the project page. It is so nice to be able to make changes in your mix and then update your mastering file right then and there. No export, then import, over and over again.

S1 Professional 3.5.1
Digital Performer 9.13
UAD Apollo FW
Dell XPS with W10, i7, 24gRAM
composer page:
http://www.sakredwavesmusic.com
band page:
https://metalships.bandcamp.com/
by CPhoenix on Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:31 am
The smoothness of the audio engine. People able to produce, record, add/remove instruments, arm/disarm tracks without any skips/glitches in audio.

When I made the switch, S1 was lightyears better than Cubase and Sonar in this regard. That's what kept me hooked.

Plus, doing tasks in less "steps" than other DAWs

Win 8.1 x64 // i7 3930K (@ 4.2GHz) // Samsung Pro 512GB // 500GB SSD (via Raid 0) // 32GB RAM // MSI X79a GD45 Plus mobo

DAW(s): Studio One v3 // Maschine Studio // Reason 7
Plugs: UAD 2 Quad, Klanghelm, Toneboosters, Soundtoys, others
Instr.: a lot of stuff

RME UCX // SM7b // Warm Audio Tonebeast12 & WA76 // Black Lion Audio Sparrow Red ADC // FMR RNLA // Korg Kaossilator Pro // Yamaha Motif XS Rack // Akai Advance 61 // Sennheiser HD 650 // Korg MicroKey 25 // Presonus Faderport // Contour Designs Shuttle Pro
by scottyo7 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:20 pm
Price is the feature that was the (first) main draw.
I too came from Cubase* ("LE" version) and quickly realized I needed the full version of Cubase but the upgrade was $499.

I found Studio One (which was out for about 5 months) and snapped up "Pro" for $299.

Geez, when was that... late 2010 I think.

*Note: 'Cubase LE' came bundled with my PreSonus FP10 firewire interface.

If you haven't already done so...
Please add your Signature & Gear Spec's located in your profile
Here.
ASUS G75VX, i7 3820QM; 16GB; 2 Samsung 840 SSD's; NVIDIA GTX 670MX; Win 8.1.
S1 Pro v4.5.2; EZD2 2.1.7. Behringer UMC404HD USB A/I.
Synths: Alchemy, Air Tech Music Suite. Melodyne Studio 4.2. Ozone 5, (all 64bit).
Akai MPK249. Six guitars. 2 Line 6 POD's & an E-bow.
Rode NT1; Shure SM58. Faderport; KRK Rokit 8's; Dual 28" Monitors.

-My Band: "2GUYZINABASEMENT"
-Just Me

22 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2