64 postsPage 4 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
MisterE wrote
Anderton wroteIt does have transport controls.

Except that the button with the green triangle is labeled "Selection." not "Play," and the button with the red dot is labeled "Replace," not "Record." That takes the cake in counter-intuition. It's kind of like introducing a car with labeling where "D" doesn't stand for "drive," it stands for "driveway," and "R" doesn't stand for "Reverse," it stands for "Radio."

Those are likely second function labels ... same as the ATOM SQ

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by MisterE on Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:50 pm
BobF wrote
MisterE wrote
Anderton wroteIt does have transport controls.

Except that the button with the green triangle is labeled "Selection." not "Play," and the button with the red dot is labeled "Replace," not "Record." That takes the cake in counter-intuition. It's kind of like introducing a car with labeling where "D" doesn't stand for "drive," it stands for "driveway," and "R" doesn't stand for "Reverse," it stands for "Radio."

Those are likely second function labels ... same as the ATOM SQ

Fair enough, though that doesn't make the labels any less strange. Or make it an equal opportunity controller.

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU | Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P mobo | WD Black 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVME SSD | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600 mhz RAM | MSI Geforce 3060 Ti Gaming X | Win10 64-bit | S1 v6.0.2 | Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface | Korg M3 | Arturia Keylab 49 mkII
by Anderton on Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:23 pm
The secondary functions are available when you hold the Shift button. I think Nektar probably assumed that the symbols for FF, Rew, Stop, Record, etc. have become accepted as a standard, and a suitable replacement for text.

All the secondary functions have equivalents in Studio One, but I suppose it's up to Nektar or PreSonus. to decide whether they're going to do the required mapping.

Digital storefront: craiganderton.com
Free educational site: craiganderton.org
Music: youtube.com/thecraiganderton
Studio One eBooks: shop.presonus.com
by viccapota on Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:22 pm
Anderton wroteTrack send goes to FX Channel, track output goes to Bus. The FX Channel has an IK Multimedia Stealth loaded. This is a CPU-intensive mastering processor with 104 ms of latency. There is no difference in the timing between the Bus and the FX Channel. Could you please provide some more details if your track setup is different.

Thanks.
I did a bunch of learning in the mean time and I dont seem to be having any issues anymore.

64 postsPage 4 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4