3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've tested this in both Studio One 6.5 and 5.4 on a M1 Macbook Pro

Using MacOS 13.6.3, connect to a Bluetooth device using

Audio Midi Setup -> Midi Studio

connect to some Bluetooth controllers

Now go into Studio One, add the devices, then open Midi Monitor

Play a note on the controller by holding it down for a second. Observe that Midi Monitor report both On and Off events happening at the same time.

midi-notes-at-once.png
Note On/Off events all happening at once even if the On/Off event happened 1 second apart.

This doesn't happen if the same device is connected via USB. This is for multiple devices; including Arturia MKII 88. Connected via Bluetooth, all notes appear to happen at the same time. USB, works as expected.

The odd thing is that auditioning software instruments, you don't notice any problems. The problem occurs when recording. Studio One does some kind of non-linear recording--making the notes extremely short regardless of how long the note is held down for. Using the log noted in the Midi Monitor rather than when the On/Off signals appeared relative to the playhead during record.

This is ONLY a Studio One issue. It happens in version Studio 5.4 (Demo) and Studio One Pro (6.5.1). The other DAWs, Cubase, Logic, Reaper, etc., all record in linear way. Also, using the Midi View app from the App Store, times are logged correctly for Bluetooth devices.

midi-view.png
Midi View app from App Store shoes different logged times for Bluetooth device.

====

My request--either this is a verified bug; or, if non-linear record is some feature, please enable us to record strictly based on the time of the record playhead and not the notes perceived midi time.

If anyone has any tips, please share!

Thanks.
by Tacman7 on Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:18 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

I don't have any BT controllers, I got mouse and keyboard working on the mac but never did on Windows.

One of your symptoms sounds like an old gremlin.

The midi can record double notes, the note you played and a duplicate, same time index but very short.

So when your real note plays the other note's note off event hits and you get staccato playback.

There's a delete notes command, right click an event and under musical functions is delete notes. Have it delete the short notes and see if that fixes it. If it does then there's a problem with the midi signal chain.

Lot of times it seems to be the result of using 'all inputs' instead of selecting the input you want.

Could be something with BT if it works fine with usb.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by alexeypalaychuk on Sat May 04, 2024 5:23 am
Hi! I have the same problem. Bt keyboard m-vave smp25 mini. Over USB connection everything is fine. Logic Pro x has both usb and BT connection. Everything works fine on windows, too. I used a trick. I installed the midi monitor app from the AppStore. It has a through midi out. I indicated it as the entrance to studio one and it worked fine. Although this is a crutch, of course, and I hope that presonus will fix it in the next update.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1