3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Posting here, but not certain if it should be elsewhere. My apology if it is in the wrong spot.

Here's the issue, I have recently had Pulsar Audio plug-ins Smasher quit functioning in an insert, giving an error. Newly purchased 1178 did this as well. Other Pulsar plug-ins Mu, Massive, W495 are working just fine.

Smasher quit about 2 months ago I think. I'm using S1 on a Mac Mini M2, 24 GB memory, 512 GB SSD, that also got an updated OS within the past few months.

Any info about this is welcome. I've been in contact with Pulsar Audio about this as well. Waiting on their thoughts now.

I have free versions of iZotope Neutron 4, Nectar 3, both Elements edition. They don't work either, from the moment I was given them. iZotope states they won't yet work with Apple Sonoma. Just mentioning because it indicates at least a plug-in isn't working due to an update.

Error image in S1 on the Mac

20231203_085912.jpg
error popup

Mac Mini M2 base
24 GB memory 512 GB SSD
Sonoma OS
Studio One 6 Artist
by davidblack5 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:46 pm
Adding in I've been in contact with Pulsar Audio about this. They've been sent the plug-in json and txt files for evaluation, and I've created a PreSonus ticket regarding the same. I'll update on solutions so as to help others who might find they're dealing with this issue also.

Note iZotope Neutron 4 and Nectar 3 Elements editions are not compatible with my setup yet. It seems they may be updated for compatibility sometime.

Mac Mini M2 base
24 GB memory 512 GB SSD
Sonoma OS
Studio One 6 Artist
by davidblack5 on Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:31 am
Update in case others have an issue with Pulsar Audio plug-ins. Support is helpful, gives accurate directions. Note that since I'm in Eastern time US, my day is their night, likely the prior night from France, meaning if I send something they'll answer later that night about 8-10 PM.

Smasher and 1178 are now working. Pulsar support gave directions to uninstall then reinstall them. That did fix it, but if I updated to the newest version they broke again. So I had to redo the uninstall reinstall action. I was told the uninstall may not have completely removed all folders, and need to do so manually. I've not done so yet, but it appears they work OK now.

One issue is the 1178 was purchased 3rd party, so their download may not be up to date, but I can't verify.

Pulsar support wanted to examine the files, which can be done by this:
Open Finder and press the Command+Shift+G key combination.
Type ~/Library/Application Support/Pulsar/<PLUGIN NAME> (ensure you include the ~ at the beginning) and press Enter.
I made duplicates of all those and dropped them into the email. Their interest was in .txt and .json files located in this directory.

To uninstall, use Finder with this path:
/Applications/Pulsar/1178

For the other plug-ins, change the name accordingly.

There was a Pulsar icon and a double left click brought out an uninstall button. Afterwards I had to reinstall Smasher from Pulsar account and the 1178 from 3rd party Plug-in Boutique to get the install button.

Manual uninstall info:
If you want to manually uninstall plugins, such as Pulsar XXX, please erase the following files:

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/XXX.component
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Pulsar/XXX.vst
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Pulsar/XXX.vst3
/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/Pulsar/XXX.aaxplugin
And the following folders:

/Library/Application Support/Pulsar/XXX
~/Library/Application Support/Pulsar/XXX
To access the second folder, go to your desktop, type command+shift+G, then type ~/Library/Application Support

Afterwards an install needs done from the account area of Pulsar Audio for each plug-in.

Mac Mini M2 base
24 GB memory 512 GB SSD
Sonoma OS
Studio One 6 Artist

3 posts
Page 1 of 1