8 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have imported a text file into a Studio One song and have the lyrics perfectly sync'd to the accompaniment through the global lyric view. The "Alt-Return" key stroke is brilliant for placing the phrases where I want them. But now I want to print out a "lead sheet" with the bars and chords and lyrics with similar simplicity. Using an instrument track seems much more tedious.

I don't have a melody instrument track. I have tried Melodyn-ing an audio track to convert to a midi track but then of course it separates the words into individual notes which are totally out of sync with the copy and pasted lyrics from the global track.

I don't want to go through the song and place each word on a note. Is there an easy way to transfer the Global lyrics and their relative timing to a instrument track for the purpose of printing a simple chord and lyric document?

"Don't think about making music, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more music.” - stolen and paraphrased from Andy Warhol.

Studio One 6.5x Pro
***Optoplex i7 @ 3.4 ghz 32 gig mem running Windows 10 x64 Pro
*** Levono E520 with Win 10 x64 Pro
***Studio rig - MOTU Ultralite AVB*** Audient ASP/880***
***Mobile rig - Antelope Zen Q***
***Soundtoys/Plugin Alliance/Izotope/Slate/Nomad Factory plugs***
and....Lots of Outboard gear cause Pipeline is your friend
by dgkenney on Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:29 am
If my intent above can't be done easily, is there any interest in a feature where one could print the Chord track, Global lyric track and timeline (as in bars) to a simple "lead sheet" type format? It would be great for singer-songwriter types, rap, and guitarist who traditionally don't read charts.

"Don't think about making music, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more music.” - stolen and paraphrased from Andy Warhol.

Studio One 6.5x Pro
by wolfgerb on Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:35 am
I could not find a way to copy the lyrics from the global lyrics-track to an individual instrument-lyrics track. with copy and paste in the lyrics window, the text loses its position.
For the future you could start inserting the text to an empty instrument track (there has to be en empty part inserted).the instrument track does not have to have notes in it to work as a text-container.
This way you can achieve exactly what you want
Bildschirmfoto 2023-12-02 um 18.30.43.png

Mac Book Air M2 15",24 GB Ram, 1TB HD, Mac OS 14.4.1; RME Digiface USB, MOTU 828es + 8pre; Studio One 6.6; Faderport v2; Atom SQ
by dgkenney on Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:50 am
wolfgerb wroteFor the future you could start inserting the text to an empty instrument track (there has to be en empty part inserted).the instrument track does not have to have notes in it to work as a text-container.

Excellent idea. I'll give it a try when I can get back to my studio and hope it gives me what I want. Your pix is exactly what I mean. Thank you.

Studio One 6.5x Pro
by wolfgerb on Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:29 pm
Yes, with a single line staff it looks even better:
Bildschirmfoto 2023-12-02 um 19.28.07.png

Mac Book Air M2 15",24 GB Ram, 1TB HD, Mac OS 14.4.1; RME Digiface USB, MOTU 828es + 8pre; Studio One 6.6; Faderport v2; Atom SQ
by dgkenney on Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:19 pm
Worked perfectly for my purposes. Thanks again for your help.

Studio One 6.5x Pro
by wolfgerb on Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:09 pm
Glad it worked!

by donaldcounts on Sat May 04, 2024 1:39 pm
This was an extremely very helpful workaround for what I need as well. I rap and have a bunch of adlibs that the hook that sometimes overlap. So I needed a way to separate those out and depending on which parts I'm recording in the booth, I can switch between the lyric views. Making separate blank Instrument tracks did the trick! Thanks for this. :mrgreen:

PreSonus Studio One 6, NI Maschine MK3
Macking Big Knob Studio+
PreSonus Studio 1824c
WIN 10 64, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
RAM 32.0 GB

8 posts
Page 1 of 1