3 posts
Page 1 of 1
As I'm sure you know, in Studio One, tracks, channels and instrument default names are not uniform which can make mapping a bit confusing.
The attached song template addresses this by mapping 5 "sync'ed" Scaler tracks to 5 channels and 5 instruments for each of the following Scaler perform modes:

1. Performance
2. Melody
3. Phrases
4. Rhythm
5. Bass

Now they have uniform names so they are easy to match up.

Notes:
1. instruments are the stock "Mai Tai" instrument. (sounds are random and not according to perform mode)
2. all Scaler tracks are in the "Scalers" folder
3. Scaler channels have been "hidden" in the mixer as they normally don't need mixing
4. when replacing the instrument, sadly the names will change so it is suggested to immediately rename the channel & instrument as to their perform mode (to keep things uniform)

To use:
1. copy the 2 files from the attached ZIP file to:
C:\Users\(YOUR NAME)\Documents\Studio One\templates\v6\Songs
2. select the "scaler2 template" from the "User" templates.

This is just a "kick-start" for using Scaler in Studio One V6 and can be customized as needed.

scaler2 template.zip
two template files
(30.42 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

MSI MB, Intel i5-12400 2.50 GHz, 32.0 GB ; win 11; studio one v6.5 pro; Audio Relay; EW Sound Cloud, FocusRite FAST Plugin Suite, Scaler2, Insta-Composer2, Rapid Composer 5, Resolve A5, ATH-M50
by themaartian on Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:30 am
Very cool contribution to the SO user community. Scaler is a great product and I really appreciate you sharing your work. Merci beaucoup!

Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, 7 TB SSD Win 11 Pro PreSonus Studio 1810c
Studio One 6 Pro MuseScoreMelodyne 5 Studio Acoustica Pro 7 Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 4 NI S61 MK3 Focal Shape 65 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro, DT 770 Pro
by walterschwarz on Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:46 am
Glad it you like it.
One thing I realized after the fact, it seems Mai Tai is NOT polyphonic, so you won't really get the full effect until you change to a different instrument...

MSI MB, Intel i5-12400 2.50 GHz, 32.0 GB ; win 11; studio one v6.5 pro; Audio Relay; EW Sound Cloud, FocusRite FAST Plugin Suite, Scaler2, Insta-Composer2, Rapid Composer 5, Resolve A5, ATH-M50

3 posts
Page 1 of 1