38 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
hello people wroteJust downloaded Studio one 6 demo version to see if it liked my GFX card or if the issue with "studio one graphics hardware acceleration issue detected" still occurs...

Haha...I got the error message before the plugin scan had even finished. That's a first!

So, I would imagine the odd one out here is the GFX card in some way. The exact issue could be anything though I suppose. I was even reading someone saying there were voltage issues or something with this card and it caused errors very much like what I'm getting.

The easiest solution might just be to buy a new GFX card...which raises the question...I do plan on getting on the next version of SO...or even maybe v6 if there's a good discount one day soon. So maybe I stay on v5 and put up with the GFX acceleration issues for a while more. But ah, anyone know what kind of card I should get?

I might add, I've found a basic setting in Windows Settings that lets you adjust graphic performance for particular applications. I've been able to add Studio One to the list and set Studio One to run in 'high performance' mode when it comes to graphics. Before it was eco or balanced or something. Maybe it'll help. EDIT: This didn't help. Took a couple of hours but the glitch got around to coming back in the end. Oh well.

No doubt a bummer. If you are considering updating Studio One, sure that might either wring out the issue. My gut is there's a corrupt issue with the driver for this card, or how it installed, but you've obviously re installed drivers until you're ready to puke. I'd hope if you install a new card, and all works, you can get you're money back on the ... well, certainly not old one, but let's say the ajeda one (indigestion).
I agree, support will only check that your graphics card is identified in Windows.
Really sucks. Throwing this into the mix, but check that you didn't load some other software in the process of installing this graphics card. We all forget. I know that might sound like fluff, but it's actually tripped me up. I had forgotten, I had installed a mouse, and it had an older driver from a previous OS. Loan behold, it screwed with my registry, graphics, stability, etc. A rule of thumb I'll do is check the Control Panel /Uninstall a program. Sort by "Installed On". This will show either any other installations, malware, or activity around the time you installed the graphics card. Additionally, sometimes drivers d'loaded from sites are accompanied with $#/+. Sometimes these inclusions are so subtle, we (more to the point, me) can overlook them. Just have a poke, to see. Uninstall as necessary at around that day or so anything is questionable. It's bailed out many. We tend to get so amped up, installing or making a change, and a little addition becomes a hidden problem.

S1-6.6, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by hello people on Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:51 pm
Yeah it's certainly annoying. The thing is...my PC and the GFX card work flawlessly in every single other application or use including the few graphic intensive games I might play, all video watching, all browsing...everything. Nothing else breaks down or glitches...except for Studio One. So to say the GFX card or its drivers are problematic is a tad harsh on that card and its drivers. In 99% of uses it is doing a fine job. So, Studio One would appear the odd one out when you look at it like that. I've been finding more and more (sure, because I'm looking) graphics issues associated with Studio One.

I'm not sure Studio One even provides a comprehensive breakdown and explanation detailing exactly what a graphics hardware acceleration issue is and why it happens. Furthermore, there's a Mac option to turn graphic hardware acceleration off...so clearly Studio One is aware that something is potentially problematic with graphics...however there's no option for PC and there's no explanation on the support page for this.

There is something about Studio One in its code or whatever that makes it susceptible to issues with graphics. If my rig works perfectly in all scenarios...except Studio One, logically speaking the weak link must be Studio One. I'd say the issue is one that effects a small percentage of users...and that determining the cause and the reasons are very difficult and go beyond 'you've got the wrong graphics card' or 'you've got the wrong drivers' or that 'your drivers are corrupted'. Which leaves you in a tough spot. You know...your drivers are corrupt...........but only when you're using Studio One. That's very suspicious.

Windows 11 Pro 22H2, 12th Gen i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz, 32gig 3600mhz RAM, Asus Radeon RX 6600 Dual V2 8G, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD x2, MSI MAG B660M Mortar WIFI LGA 1700 DDR4 mATX Mobo, Studio One Pro latest v5, RME Fireface UFX II
by Vocalpoint on Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:14 pm
hello people wroteIf my rig works perfectly in all scenarios...except Studio One, logically speaking the weak link must be Studio One. I'd say the issue is one that effects a small percentage of users...

Agree that it's frustrating - but this is not a common issue by any means. If it were - the forum would be full of crosstalk and chatter AND Presonus would certainly be aware.

But if it's your machine - which is unique - that's a hard sell saying that S1 is to blame.

I can guarantee that stranger things have happened. Too bad you cannot swap in another completely different card (without changing anything else) to test.

Another question I have - what's the graphics drivers scenario on that machine? Do you (or have you) installed some huge bloated graphics package that ASUS/AMD says is "required" or can you simply install a base GFX driver and that's all?

If it were me troubleshooting this and could not do a card swap - my next move would be to hard clear every trace of the graphics driver package and then install the latest driver ONLY. No addon packages, control panel applets or anything even remotely extra. Driver only.

AND - if this is an actual "ASUS" branded Radeon card - the trick here is to always use their drivers - NOT ones that come from AMD - even if it seems like the ASUS ones are a million years old.

If you really want to strip it back - consider the super basic driver that is most likely made available via Windows Update as well. You have nothing to lose by trying out different options.

I have seen a ton of weirdness in my travels where someone will have - say an Intel "integrated" CPU graphics chip and then they go and install the "latest" package from Intel and wonder why their display starts acting up - instead of using the 2022 driver from ASUS or whatever.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.6.1.99821 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.250) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by hello people on Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:00 pm
Yes, I do have the AMD Adrenalin graphics bloat thing installed. I haven't as yet tried just the driver alone. So, I better get and do that.

I still think it is suspicious that everything else functions perfectly...except Studio One. Anyway, I'll do the uninstall and go the driver only option.

EDIT: 3 days in with running my GFX card drivers only...no AMD Adrenalin bloatware. No graphics hardware acceleration issues yet. Early days, so I'll see what happens down the road. Fingies crossed.

Windows 11 Pro 22H2, 12th Gen i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz, 32gig 3600mhz RAM, Asus Radeon RX 6600 Dual V2 8G, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD x2, MSI MAG B660M Mortar WIFI LGA 1700 DDR4 mATX Mobo, Studio One Pro latest v5, RME Fireface UFX II
by hello people on Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:47 am
I guess it has been about a week now and I've had no further interruptions from the graphics hardware acceleration issue detected error in Studio One. Fingers crossed, but it might just be that uninstalling the AMD "Adrenalin" bloatware and just going with a simple graphics card drivers install has fixed the problem. Which obviously means that of all the possible reasons discussed here and elsewhere, the AMD bloatware is to blame. Again, we will see what happens in the fullness of time.

by hello people on Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:46 am
Been about a couple of weeks or a bit more now. I've been using Studio One pretty heavily and finally the error message came back. So the problem continues but seems much less frequent than before. It remains a mystery. New-ish GFX card...old version of Studio One (latest v5). The GFX card isn't crazy new compared to a crazy old SOv5. So, yes, remains a mystery. Usually you can get to the bottom of things like this with the vast resource that is the internet. But not on this occasion. Oh. Well. I'll put up with it.

by PreAl on Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:57 am

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by ericma2 on Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:00 am
My situation is unrelated but maybe it intersects? I'm on a mac so I'm curious what you stumbled across in your search. I've been having graphic issues with S1 v5 since its' release. Issues like Klanghelm VUMT lagging, Wavesfactory Quantum lagging, UVI Shade lagging, Superior Drummer lagging. With Superior Drummer, it can get sluggish in navigating the midi editor. I never really thought much about it because it doesn't affect the audio and I chalked it up to the Mac Pro's older GPU.
I recently got a Softube Console 1 MK3 and the graphic lag on the unit and OSD is affecting the hardware control of plugins. I've been in touch with Softube and was advised to turn off Metal (which Windows doesn't have) and it didn't resolve the issue. I was convinced it was computer being from 2013 and it definitely can be a contributing variable!
I've been testing Reaper for the last month and I have no issues with above mentioned plugins or Softube Console 1.
Even though I'm on a Mac, I guess I just wanted to respond to let you know you're not alone and maybe we can uncover something together.

2013 Mac Pro Trashcan 8 Core 64 GB Ram
macOS Monterey 12.7.3
Studio One 6.5.2
Pro Tools 21.12 <- Finally left Pro Tools - THANKS S1!!!!
Euphonix Artist Mix firmware 1.5.6.0
Eucon v4.8.3
by hello people on Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:27 pm
PreAl wroteLatest AMD RX 6600 driver here:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/download ... -6600.html

Hey thank you. That appears to be a really recent update there. I'll be trying that . Cheers.

by hello people on Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:33 pm
ericma2 wroteMy situation is unrelated but maybe it intersects? I'm on a mac so I'm curious what you stumbled across in your search. I've been having graphic issues with S1 v5 since its' release. Issues like Klanghelm VUMT lagging, Wavesfactory Quantum lagging, UVI Shade lagging, Superior Drummer lagging. With Superior Drummer, it can get sluggish in navigating the midi editor. I never really thought much about it because it doesn't affect the audio and I chalked it up to the Mac Pro's older GPU.
I recently got a Softube Console 1 MK3 and the graphic lag on the unit and OSD is affecting the hardware control of plugins. I've been in touch with Softube and was advised to turn off Metal (which Windows doesn't have) and it didn't resolve the issue. I was convinced it was computer being from 2013 and it definitely can be a contributing variable!
I've been testing Reaper for the last month and I have no issues with above mentioned plugins or Softube Console 1.
Even though I'm on a Mac, I guess I just wanted to respond to let you know you're not alone and maybe we can uncover something together.

Interesting, thanks. I've started thinking about Reaper too. The common denominator certainly appears to be Studio One. I mean I wouldn't bet my life on that but the odd one out does look like Studio One, the more you look into things. There's just no other application or scenario or situation on my PC where the graphics glitch, disappear and generate errors like they do when using Studio One. Take Studio One out of the equation, like you have done, and use something like Reaper (or anything I'd imagine) and the issue goes away. Anyway, the good fella above provided a link to the latest drivers...which look very recent. So I'll give them a run.

by wolfgerb on Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:50 pm
ericma2 wroteMy situation is unrelated but maybe it intersects? I'm on a mac so I'm curious what you stumbled across in your search. I've been having graphic issues with S1 v5 since its' release. Issues like Klanghelm VUMT lagging, Wavesfactory Quantum lagging, UVI Shade lagging, Superior Drummer lagging. With Superior Drummer, it can get sluggish in navigating the midi editor. I never really thought much about it because it doesn't affect the audio and I chalked it up to the Mac Pro's older GPU.

Did you ever try unchecking "enable graphics hardware acceleration" checkbox in the preferences?
I had various plugins like ADPTR Metric AB showing lag when using complex routings.
Unchecking this setting solved the issue.
Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-25 um 23.43.08.png

Mac Book Air M2 15",24 GB Ram, 1TB HD, Mac OS 14.4.1; RME Digiface USB, MOTU 828es + 8pre; Studio One 6.6; Faderport v2; Atom SQ
by garyanderson5 on Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:42 am
wolfgerb wrote

Did you ever try unchecking "enable graphics hardware acceleration" checkbox in the preferences?
I had various plugins like ADPTR Metric AB showing lag when using complex routings.

The option is only for MAC, it's not present on Windows based systems.

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by garyanderson5 on Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:51 am
It stopped flagging up for me and the only thing I updated was Windows 11. It used to be constant while internet browsing if you opened the DAW. Instant error about hardware acceloration. I'm still on 6.5.1 as well though.

Windows Pro 11 23H2, 13900K, Z790 Aorus Master, 64GB 32x2 G.Skill Trident Z C30 RAM, 3X 2TB Samsung 980 PRO, RX6650XT GFX Card, Corsair RM1000X PSU, Studio One Latest Version & Older versions, Baby Face Pro FS. Nektar T6,
by wolfgerb on Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:56 am
garyanderson5 wrote
wolfgerb wrote

The option is only for MAC, it's not present on Windows based systems.

Yes , I know. But I´m definitely quoting and responding to "ericma2" who is
twice stating in his post that he is on Mac.

Mac Book Air M2 15",24 GB Ram, 1TB HD, Mac OS 14.4.1; RME Digiface USB, MOTU 828es + 8pre; Studio One 6.6; Faderport v2; Atom SQ
by garyanderson5 on Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:13 am
My fault I thought it was for HelloPeople :)

by hello people on Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:21 am
garyanderson5 wroteIt stopped flagging up for me and the only thing I updated was Windows 11. It used to be constant while internet browsing if you opened the DAW. Instant error about hardware acceloration. I'm still on 6.5.1 as well though.

After uninstalling the AMD Adrenalin bloat stuff the issue went away for me for about 2 weeks with constant and heavy use of Studio One. I thought things were looking up. But the error has been back of late. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm browsing/ not browsing/ have browsers open or not open or anything. I've also trialed SO6 and the error/ fault likes SO6 too. So, not peculiar to v5 or anything.

I'm about to install the new drivers for my GFX card. They are really recent. We'll see what happens. I have about zero expectation of any improvement.

by PreAl on Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:22 am
Before you install display drivers, do a full uninstall, reboot and run this:
https://www.guru3d.com/download/display ... -download/

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by hello people on Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:13 am
PreAl wroteBefore you install display drivers, do a full uninstall, reboot and run this:
https://www.guru3d.com/download/display ... -download/

Ok thanks I'll do that.

EDIT: No luck. Studio One seems determined to ALWAYS detect hardware acceleration issues.

Well done SO. You win the prize as the only piece of software and the only thing that glitches of all the programs, software, functions, browsing, apps whatever on my entire PC.

Currently trialing the running of SO in Admin mode every launch .

EDIT: Running as Admin doesn't work either.

38 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2