45 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
PreAl wrote
Vocalpoint wroteRegardless I wouldn't say that these forums are entirely non influential.

On one hand - I totally agree that the forums can be a flashpoint for specific Presonus crew members to gather intel on some hot bug or discovery that might make the user base annoyed.

On the other - I disagree that these forums form any part of an "official" development work plan that actually determines what makes it (and what does not) - to the actual source code of S1.

If the forums did have that kind of clout - I would be very surprised.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.6.1.99821 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.250) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by edmisik on Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:02 pm
patrickviens wroteImpact XT being DFD ( direct from disk) is ideal has also no wave file lenght limit, and it has all the sample playback/trigger options offered by a clip launcher (it offers multi out routing as well).

It can stretch files to match the tempo too.

Before buying Metric AB i have used it as a bank of reference tracks launcher and it was very good at that.

For me there is no point in building a daw around clip launching, especially when there is an accessory included that can do it.

aye thats what i;ve been doing with Impact..using it as a primitive clip launcher and to save random sounds to slip into tracks in presets. I like Impact. It's very useful for that and a big reason I;m sticking with Studio One

GoTo for music:
-HP Z420 Workstation 32GB Xeon 3.70 Ghz Win10Pro Studio One 6
-Audient EVO4, Komplete Kontrol s61 MKI, Launchpad x, Multiple shared hard drives.
Other stuff:
Orba1, Donner DMK25Pro, Thinkpad x240 Win10. Thinkpad Chromebook, Pixel4xl
Studio One Remote does not work in Chromebook
by PreAl on Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:03 pm
Vocalpoint wroteIf the forums did have that kind of clout - I would be very surprised.

VP

Ok I'll put it to the test.
We want a shrubbery.

Any day now...

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by frankzappa3 on Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:39 pm
Lokeyfly wroteMy hat is off to Presonus for not cluttering Studio One. I'm relatively convinced that will continue. But hey, I'm not here to bash the idea. Just simply support that yeah, it's not here, and that suits a whole lot of people just fine. Its not about hey if you dont need it, dont use it. Lean and elegant acounts for a lot! Especially in the arts. For those old schoolers who will know what I'm talking about. Most don't need a floor wax that's also a desert topping. ;)

ummmmm ...what he said. In the words of Vinnie "thought is the enemy of flow". When inspiration strikes you shouldn't have to run to the manual. That's why, after three years, I abandoned Pro Tools.

DAW Studio One Pro 6, Windows 10, CPU ICore i9-9900K @3.60GHz, RAM 32 GB, Apollo Twin X interface, 1TB SSD OS drive, 1 TB SSD Recording Drive, 4 TB SSD Sample Drive, SSL UF8, UC1 and NI S88 MK 2 midi controllers, 2 video monitors.
by Lokeyfly on Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:13 pm
frankzappa3 wrote
Lokeyfly wroteMy hat is off to Presonus for not cluttering Studio One. I'm relatively convinced that will continue. But hey, I'm not here to bash the idea. Just simply support that yeah, it's not here, and that suits a whole lot of people just fine. Its not about hey if you dont need it, dont use it. Lean and elegant acounts for a lot! Especially in the arts. For those old schoolers who will know what I'm talking about. Most don't need a floor wax that's also a desert topping. ;)

ummmmm ...what he said. In the words of Vinnie "thought is the enemy of flow". When inspiration strikes you shouldn't have to run to the manual. That's why, after three years, I abandoned Pro Tools.

Vinnie Colaiuta is a fine example of master craftsmanship without interruption.

Again, the point of efficiency at the forefront, has to be made. Studio One as a DAW, does happen to carry that banner. On the creative front: Once you have to stop and think, you lose.
JCT

S1-6.6, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Vocalpoint on Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:14 am
robertpaczkowski wroteA 3rd party VST solution: NI Maschine software (£59) - up to 128 scenes triggered by MIDI Notes, supports audio loops and MIDI patterns/

Rob

Any chance you could share how you use Maschine software as a clip launcher? I messed around yesterday for a bit but as usual - it felt like I was trying to use one daw inside of another which made for plenty of confusion and little accomplished.

Having a real hard time trying to understand how transport/measures/cursor positioning in Studio One correlates to the grid/session one sees inside the Maschine software.

Once that cursor is in motion in Studio One - I am completely lost in what I am looking at.

Any tips, tricks or vids would be most appreciated.

Cheers!

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.6.1.99821 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.250) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by robertpaczkowski on Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:24 am
Vocalpoint wrote
Rob (...) Any chance you could share how you use Maschine software as a clip launcher?

I use Studio One Sound Variations to switch Maschine Scenes (MIDI Channel One). I use channels 2-16 to play VST instruments (Maschine I/O settings: Input “Host”). When I drag audio loops - the instrument is set to “Sampler” by default – I change it to “Audio”. VST Instruments MIDI parts can be played and recorded as an Studio One events, then dragged to the browser as MIDI and moved to Maschine pattern later on.

Short demo here:

https://youtu.be/GPqS_3jD-yI

---

Studio One 6 Pro; OS: Win.10 Pro
Computer: Dell Precision M4700 Mobile Workstation, i7-3740QM 16 GB RAM, 256GB System SSD; 2TB Library SSD; 1TB Projects SSD, 4TB Backup HDD
Audio Interface: M-Audio ProFire 2626; M-Audio Air 192-6
MIDI Controllers: Roland A49, Korg MicroKontrol, Korg PadKontrol, Peavey Studiomix, NI Kore 2
by Vocalpoint on Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:39 am
robertpaczkowski wrote I use Studio One Sound Variations to switch Maschine Scenes (MIDI Channel One). I use channels 2-16 to play VST instruments (Maschine I/O settings: Input “Host”). When I drag audio loops - the instrument is set to “Sampler” by default – I change it to “Audio”. VST Instruments MIDI parts can be played and recorded as an Studio One events, then dragged to the browser as MIDI and moved to Maschine pattern later on.

Wow. That is both awesome and deep at the same time.

I will need to study this clip (a lot) to understand exactly what is going on here - but it seems very slick to switch between the Maschine "scenes".

I am not familiar at all with Sound Variations - so that will be my first step. Then I am thinking super simple baby steps here getting Maschine going - if I am able to cobble together two scenes and switch between them - that would be a start I suppose.

Cheers

VP

by Lokeyfly on Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:37 am
@ robertpaczkowski,
Rob, when you noted from my earlier question that you can allocate various start points (sections) by switching to song/linear mode., was your video showing the linear mode? It appeared to be, based on the blue sections (scene's I suspect) at bottom. So while your example didn't display coming in at different selected bars (understably as that wasnt the intent here), is that where such markers could alter that? Then markers or MIDI keys would drive the relocation of the playhead? Remember, in middle bar positions, not the start of scenes.
TY.

S1-6.6, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by robertpaczkowski on Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:17 am
Lokeyfly wrote@ robertpaczkowski,
Rob, when you noted from my earlier question that you can allocate various start points (sections) by switching to song/linear mode., was your video showing the linear mode? It appeared to be, based on the blue sections (scene's I suspect) at bottom. So while your example didn't display coming in at different selected bars (understably as that wasnt the intent here), is that where such markers could alter that? Then markers or MIDI keys would drive the relocation of the playhead? Remember, in middle bar positions, not the start of scenes.
TY.

I don't use song/linear mode functionality - I use MIDI notes to switch Maschine scenes (my "Sound Variation" settings are: notes 1-128 and this corresponds to scenes 1-128). Placing the notes on piano roll would do the same but I prefer sound variations (blue bars at the bottom). The Maschine sync settings on my video is "Retrigger - off" and "Sync - off". It switches the scene immediately when the "Sound Variation" changes but Maschine playhead stays in sync with Studio One song position.

P.S. Another method of allocating various start points would be duplicating pattern and changing the start position by dragging left/right loop markers

Computer: Dell Precision M4700 Mobile Workstation, i7-3740QM 16 GB RAM, 256GB System SSD; 2TB Library SSD; 1TB Projects SSD, 4TB Backup HDD
MIDI Controllers: Roland A49, Korg MicroKontrol, Korg PadKontrol, Peavey Studiomix, NI Kore 2
by Lokeyfly on Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:57 am
Thanks robertpaczkowski. I appreciate the clarity and description. The syncing of both sequencer's is and has been available in Studio One with Rewire, though S1v6 no longer adopts Rewire but still has the syncing and slave capability. Sync being understood.

Yeah, the loop marker is neither here nor there, unless multiple loop markers were available (independantly). Perhaps they are with Maschine, I dont know. Personally, I'd prefer using Studio One's track Inpector with the track selected as the arranger track. You simply select various splices of the arrangement and based on the snap resolution, the playhead follows the next available moment to follow. This is currently the case. The caveat, or missing ingredient with Studio One for now is, there is no way to alter selections in Studio One via MIDI selection or positional trigger keys. At least as far as I know.

So my wish with a silver lining would be to have both the Arrangement Track to incorporate such MIDI or key input triggering (it would be easy based on right clicking and addressing those event properties). The 2nd wish would be to have multiple loops that reside in a slightly expanded (same) place along the timeline. Multiple loops also addreassable within the track arrangement partitions/events. Want a global view? Well, that's both available by the loop bars already laid out, but could also be shown in the track Inspector in linear real time fashion.

Where's a dev when you need one?

Anyway, it looks by your example as a viable approach at least currently for those who'd want it. I think many might also see it as a DAW within a DAW, but hey, a clip launcher is effectively and rather affordably available so great job pointing that out.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by robertpaczkowski on Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:33 am
I agree with you that it would be better to have a native, more advanced and user friendly solution (Maschine can be really confusing and can take some time to get use to).

by Lokeyfly on Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:00 pm
robertpaczkowski wroteI agree with you that it would be better to have a native, more advanced and user friendly solution (Maschine can be really confusing and can take some time to get use to).

Keep up the good work. There's no substitute for 90% perspiration.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by robertpaczkowski on Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:24 pm
Lokeyfly wroteI certainly wouldn't use clip launch. Pro Tools doesn't need it.

Speaking of the devil... Pro Tools Sketch:

https://www.production-expert.com/produ ... -pro-tools

by Lokeyfly on Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:58 pm
robertpaczkowski wrote
Lokeyfly wroteI certainly wouldn't use clip launch. Pro Tools doesn't need it.

Speaking of the devil... Pro Tools Sketch:

https://www.production-expert.com/produ ... -pro-tools

Well, I (or will be) stand corrected. Only look at that non sensible example video from Pro Tools Expert. I see no such sense in that process. It puts me in a state of contusion, I mean, confusion. 🤪
But hey, go for it! I've already got mine. I know I won't be shelling out $150+ for S1v7 if that's going to be their big curtain draw. It would only prove again that too many missing essentials will likely be ignored and that's just been business as usual.
Thanks for pointing it out for those who will want it.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by callumhenderson on Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:49 pm
I notice that Bitwig and Presonus have jointly developed their DAWproject project transfer format. This allows transfer between their DAWs of, among many other things, clip launcher clips and scenes (according to Bitwigs website.)

Could this be a clue that Studio One will also support clip launching in the near future?

https://www.bitwig.com/stories/bitwig-a ... grams-271/
by stefan.wendler on Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:33 am
callumhenderson wroteI notice that Bitwig and Presonus have jointly developed their DAWproject project transfer format. This allows transfer between their DAWs of, among many other things, clip launcher clips and scenes (according to Bitwigs website.)

Could this be a clue that Studio One will also support clip launching in the near future?

https://www.bitwig.com/stories/bitwig-a ... grams-271/

It’s never wrong to keep dreaming. For me Live‘s clip launcher is the only useful feature of Ableton Live. For me it’s incredibly useful to play around with ideas at the speed at which they pop up in my head. But that’s about it. So I wouldn’t buy Live just for that (again). It’s the other way around for S1. I love everything about it but hate that there is no clip launcher. I often switch to my MPC to get started but for me at least this workflow mix is not seamless enough to progress at the speed I want to. So I’d really like to have a clip launch feature. It could even work with the 4x4 grid of the ATOM and wouldn’t create the need for a new controller.

For the feature vote being so low: I think that people wanting a clip launcher above all else use Ableton Live for the most part and don’t even look at S1 after they’ve found out there is none. So why should they vote for clip launching in a different app that they don’t even know? The other thing is that until yesterday I didn’t even know that there’s a feature request page lol. Maybe there’s more people who don’t know about it? But maybe this is just me.
by Vocalpoint on Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:14 am
stefan.wendler wrote For the feature vote being so low: I think that people wanting a clip launcher above all else use Ableton Live for the most part and don’t even look at S1 after they’ve found out there is none.

My take on the feature vote being low - how about not a lot of S1 users want (or care) about a clip launcher?

That seems a bit more realistic and logical to me - more so that any specific connection or use of Ableton on the side.

VP

by stefan.wendler on Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:40 pm
Vocalpoint wrote
stefan.wendler wrote For the feature vote being so low: I think that people wanting a clip launcher above all else use Ableton Live for the most part and don’t even look at S1 after they’ve found out there is none.

My take on the feature vote being low - how about not a lot of S1 users want (or care) about a clip launcher?

That seems a bit more realistic and logical to me - more so that any specific connection or use of Ableton on the side.

VP

You’re right might even be that people use S1 specifically because there’s no clip launcher.

The second part of my comment was meant more as in: if S1 would have a clip launcher, then I guess a lot of folks would switch over because S1 excels in every other aspect and this would grow the popularity further.
by Vocalpoint on Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:09 am
stefan.wendler wroteThe second part of my comment was meant more as in: if S1 would have a clip launcher, then I guess a lot of folks would switch over because S1 excels in every other aspect and this would grow the popularity further.

I do not see anyone suddenly switching to S1 because the inclusion of a clip launcher.

Most folks "switch" to S1 for core reasons - usually because their current DAW is a hassle.

Workflow, ease of use and other foundational reasons - rather than in the inclusion of something like a clip launcher - which 99.99% of any switchers would not even know what that is.

I have used Studio One since 2011 and even I needed to study up on what a "clip launcher" was a few months ago. Neat trick but not a game changer by any means.

That said - I would probably mess around with it if given the chance AND now with the new ability for Studio One to share critical session information with Bitwig 5 as of the v6.5.0 release - it is obvious that some sort of clip launch functionality is coming to S1 at some point in the future.

VP

45 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3