45 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3
A clip launcher would be certainly amazing. I hate the idea of making the entire production in S1 and going through the whole process of exporting stems, importing to ableton, chopping the sections / loops, re-creating the FX-chains, etc.

Having this option Studio One would be such a lifesaver!

(I even considered moving to ableton and ditching S1 entirely - but quickly dismissed the thought :-) )
by warrenbones on Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:08 pm
If this feature was anything but the absolute lowest priority, I'd give serious thought to finding a new DAW. There are so many areas where Studio One needs work, adding something as useless as a clip launcher would make me seriously question Presonus' priorities.

NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.
by BobF on Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:57 am
IMO, having the best parts of Maschine integrated with SO would be pretty nice. Obviously 'best parts' would mean different things to different users ...

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by AAV on Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:47 am
Craig Anderton recently did a nice job of thinking through a great way to exploit Impact XT as a clip launcher. I set it up using his methodology for my Akai LPD8 to trigger the pads, and saved it as a preset for those times I might want to use Impact in this mode. Well worth the effort. Not suggesting it (nor is Craig) as a replacement for a "full blown clip launcher" (guessing that would mean different things to different people) but it might serve the need for some. Does for me. (Thanks again, Craig!)

https://blog.presonus.com/2024/04/19/im ... g-talents/

Studio One 6.6 Pro, Audient ID4 mark II,
Gigabyte Designair Z390, 32GB DDR4 3200, Intel i9-9900K 4.8 GHZ, 2 TB & 1 TB SSD, 3 x 1TB 7200 rpm HDD, Windows 11 Pro 64 23H2
by Anderton on Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:05 pm
AAV wroteCraig Anderton recently did a nice job of thinking through a great way to exploit Impact XT as a clip launcher.

https://blog.presonus.com/2024/04/19/im ... g-talents/

Thanks for the props! The reason why I came up with it is because of ReWire being deprecated so I couldn't link Live and Studio One. This thread was the reason why I posted it :thumbup: I often check out the forum for possible blog post ideas.

One of the coolest advantages compared to launching clips in Live is being able to launch several "scenes" simultaneously. As you point out, I don't claim this technique replaces full-blown clip launching. However, I do find it allows me to do some things traditional clip launchers don't accommodate. My main use is triggering various combinations of drum loops and scenes to create a complete drum part.

Digital storefront: craiganderton.com
Free educational site: craiganderton.org
Music: youtube.com/thecraiganderton
Studio One eBooks: shop.presonus.com

45 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3