12 posts
Page 1 of 1
hello all, do you know if there is an idea to produce a native clipper plugin for S1?
Thanx
G
by Lokeyfly on Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:31 am
Hi G,
There's no idea on any upcoming Studio One features. Sometimes a day of two prior to a release (rarely known when), Presonus might drop a video or sizzle image on what is coming or rare release date.

No hint of such a clipper offering.

S1-6.6, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by martinchilds2 on Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:05 pm
The Soft Clip option within Limiter 2 does operate as a clipper. I just confirmed myself by running a sine wave through it and viewing the resulting wave in the Scope plugin.
by marcotrosi on Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:53 pm
you can also use the Bitcrusher Plugin of S1 if you increase the BitDepth all the way to 24 and set to digital clilpping, and adjust the mix knob and the others to your liking.
by paliottofrancesco on Wed May 08, 2024 1:13 am
How do u set the plugin to get an hard clipper result? Could you get same results with Bit Crusher? I'm currently use Free Clip 2, but I'd love the idea of avoiding extra plugins.
by SwitchBack on Wed May 08, 2024 4:41 am
Hi and welcome to this forum.

Clipping comes in many flavours. For guitar/keyboard distortion/overdrive/foldback style clipping you can look at the RedlightDist and Pedalbord plugins, for 'shave the peaks' clipping you can look at the Limiter plugin, and for digital 'clipping' (distortion) Bitcrusher can be used. Real digital clipping (as in overdriving the AD-converter) is just nasty, unpredictable and bad. Interfaces become better and better in avoiding it altogether. So for that kind of clipping you're on your own I guess :)
by paliottofrancesco on Wed May 08, 2024 5:24 am
My purpose is emulating a clipper like K-Clip or FreeClip in hard clipping mode for shaving off drums peaks. Is it possibile through native plugins in S1? If so, which settings in which plugin?
by SwitchBack on Wed May 08, 2024 5:29 am
The Limiter plugin has a brickwall and an 'into the wall' preset. You can start with those.
by paliottofrancesco on Wed May 08, 2024 5:56 am
I'm afraid that leads to a brickwall limiter (pushing down peaks level), not to a clipper (transients shaved off with waveshaping)...
by paliottofrancesco on Wed May 08, 2024 5:58 am
martinchilds2 wroteThe Soft Clip option within Limiter 2 does operate as a clipper. I just confirmed myself by running a sine wave through it and viewing the resulting wave in the Scope plugin.

How do u set that for hard clipping?
by klypeman on Wed May 08, 2024 10:24 am
My favorite clipper is Clipper from Softube, I know it’s not the answer to you question just wanted to chime in.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by Lokeyfly on Wed May 08, 2024 11:14 am
paliottofrancesco wrote
martinchilds2 wroteThe Soft Clip option within Limiter 2 does operate as a clipper. I just confirmed myself by running a sine wave through it and viewing the resulting wave in the Scope plugin.

How do u set that for hard clipping?

For the purposes of some detail towards bit crushing for clipping, check out this link from Logic.
https://support.apple.com/ar-sa/guide/logicpro/lgcef1a8f27c/mac#:~:text=Bitcrusher%20parameters,behavior%20of%20all%20three%20modes.

Bit crusher with Studio One
https://pcaudiolabs.com/how-to-use-presonus-bitcrusher-in-studio-one-4/

That said, it depends on if you're looking to get some distortion by reducing the bit depth. This is far from the earlier request where you were looking to reduce transient peaks. Only the good advice of using a limiter didn't satisfy I think it was your needs because you weren't looking to brick wall the limiting. This becomes more of a specific need by the user, because a good limiter doesn't have to be brick wall at all. One simply sets the threashold, ceiling, release and input values to achieve the limiting needed. Think of the opposite. A compressor doesn't just sustain signals. The same use of on-board controls of a compressor can vary everything from a kick, to cymbals dancing, to ....you get the picture.

All too often, subject matter in the forum can morph, so given what you're asking, try the bit crusher, or run it in series with a limiter. I'd avoid the bit crusher altogether, but I'm not imposing any answer as much as just trying to clarify your asking what the bit crusher will do for your clip needs.

JMO, but I'd really try to explain what drum peaks and hopefully what frequencies you're looking to alter/cut/crush/distort. That helps others offer the best advise. A bit crusher in general would be crude when looking to clip. Then again, crude may be what you're after. Unless the details are provided, we could be all over this topic, and not have the real need, understood. I'll end by what Switchback stated earlier and that is "clipping comes in many flavors".
Hope the bit crush info adds some possibilities for you. Should be fun trying!

S1-6.6, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

12 posts
Page 1 of 1