2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have two controler I need to map into VST plugins and looking for some tutorials and tips how to do this efficiently.
1) M-AUDIO Trigger Finger
2) NOVATION - Launch Control XL
3) NI Komplete Kontrol keyboard

For example I want to map Triger Finger pads as drum pads - what's the best way ?
It is not only the mapping, but also storing-loading the presets.
As faras NI keyboard (I know how to map things inside KK), but need to figure out how to map/store/load presets outside of Kontakt (i.e I want to map internal S1 instruments).

I am pretty new S1 DAW, any help appreciated.

Intel i9/24-core, RAM-64Gb, M.2-NVME-4TB, 4xHD-18Tb
Win10/64-Pro. Studio One + (v6.2+)
BEHRIUNGER-UMC-404, KompleteKontrol KBD Mk1/61key, Arturia-MINI-LAB mk2 (25key), Novation LAUNCH-CONTROL-XL, M-AUDIO - TrigerFinger, M-AUDIO Studio Monitors.
by Tacman7 on Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:06 am
The control link system is what S1 has to keep track of controller assignments.

https://s1manual.presonus.com/#Control_ ... 257C_____1

This concept pretty important, of how you can reuse controls for different plugins with global mapping. You don't have to have a map for every plugin etc.

--------
Global and Focus Mapping
There are two modes for mapping hardware and software controls: Global and Focus mode.

Global Mapping
With Global mapping, hardware and software controls maintain a one-to-one relationship, where a single hardware control is linked directly to a single software control. Some controls, such as Track fader, pan, and mute, can only be mapped globally. To map a plug-in control globally, be sure Focus is disengaged in the plug-in window by clicking on the Focus button for the Keyboard you are using, so that it is no longer highlighted.

Focus Mapping
While only one software control can be manipulated at a time by a single hardware control, a hardware control can be linked to any number of software controls, based on context, using Focus mapping. For instance, a single hardware knob could control the release of a Gate plug-in, or the Gain of a distortion plug-in, or any number of other parameters, depending on which plug-in is in Focus.
------------

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

2 posts
Page 1 of 1