3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm trying to set up a midi controller custom surface xml using the 'pages' feature, so that a single midi input (fader, knob etc) can control multiple different parameters depending on which page is used, as discussed in this post

viewtopic.php?p=239374#p239374

Just add 'pageable' to the options of the controls you want to be pageable.

Like:
Code: Select all
    <Control name="myControlName" title="myControlTitle" type="button" options="pageable">
      <MidiMessage status="Controller" channel="1" address="#1"/>

Banking can be done with:
Code: Select all
    <Global>
   <using device="Editor/Paging">
      <Toggle control="myPrevPageControl" param="prevPage"/>
      <Toggle control="myNextPageControl" param="nextPage"/>
   </using>           
    </Global>

I've made various controls 'pageable' but the part I'm lost at is how to actually set up the pages. Any ideas?
by PreAl on Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:16 pm
So what exactly is this mysterious MIDI controller?

People were asking you last year you never got back:

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=49826&p=293133#p293133

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by aaron79 on Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:32 pm
That was a different one. The one I'm trying to make a custom surface xml for is a Korg NanoKontrol Studio. I'd like to set up the jog wheel so that it has multiple functions.

The good news is I've found out how to set up the pages. I didn't have a <Mappings> tag around the <Global> tags. I can now navigate between 8 pages of controls.

The bad news is it doesn't seem to allow 8 different S1 native parameters, only 8 different control links to plugins. If you assign an S1 parameter it overrides any control link ones and puts it across the 8 different pages. My idea was to have various nudge and note length parameters mapped to the jog wheel across the 8 pages.

So the search continues..

3 posts
Page 1 of 1