7 posts
Page 1 of 1
All

Did not see a good spot for this so I will ask the main crew here.

Back when I purchased my Atom in the Fall of 2021 - I seemed to see update after update on Universal Control for what felt like about a year after purchase. Sometimes new firmware for the ATOM (which I do understand would be less likely) but many "updates" to the actual UC software.

But since about Summer 2022 - right up to now - I do not think I have seen a single update to Universal Control in what feels like months and months. I fire up UC regularly and do Check For Update but never seem to ever see anything new.

Now - I am all in favor of solid mature, stable drivers - but this does seem a bit odd. Has Presonus seriously never updated a single driver (or firmware) for any of their hardware in a year or maybe there is some newer UC package I do not have and need to install?

Just wondering....

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by babulmukherjee on Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:00 am
Odd. There are a few updates a year from memory.

Latest Universal Control 4.1.0.93124 was released April 18th, 2023.

If you login to Sphere and find your hardware, you can download the latest UC and install that.

Apple Mac Studio Max 64gb RAM, Ventura, RME UFX III, Studio One 6, Genelec 8330A w/7350A, Sennheiser HD 650
by wahlerstudios on Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:41 am
1) There is no "Sphere" for PreSonus hardware users. You log into your account, that's all.

2) Firmware, UC Control and Capture are still available as free and public downloads. There is no central download page anymore, so you have to find the page of your piece of hardware and scroll down to "Support" and "Downloads".
by PreAl on Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:58 pm
Vocalpoint wroteAll

Did not see a good spot for this so I will ask the main crew here.

Back when I purchased my Atom in the Fall of 2021 - I seemed to see update after update on Universal Control for what felt like about a year after purchase. Sometimes new firmware for the ATOM (which I do understand would be less likely) but many "updates" to the actual UC software.

But since about Summer 2022 - right up to now - I do not think I have seen a single update to Universal Control in what feels like months and months. I fire up UC regularly and do Check For Update but never seem to ever see anything new.

Now - I am all in favor of solid mature, stable drivers - but this does seem a bit odd. Has Presonus seriously never updated a single driver (or firmware) for any of their hardware in a year or maybe there is some newer UC package I do not have and need to install?

Just wondering....

VP

Well drivers may be bug free(ish) and don't need updating

Mind you, the Atom controllers are in serious need of a firmware update/studio one fixes, check out the issues in the forums.

It very much feels like an end of life product right now.

Also make sure you are on the latest UC V4 beta perhaps. Kinda funny that a beta is being distributed as the primary download in MyPresonus website. Had no issues with it however.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Vocalpoint on Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:04 pm
PreAl wrote Mind you, the Atom controllers are in serious need of a firmware update/studio one fixes, check out the issues in the forums.It very much feels like an end of life product right now.

That is (unfortunately) my feeling as well.

Was very excited to get mine when I did but since any improvements/firmware/anything? have been basically non-existent - I do wonder where this going.

Oddly - seems like right about the time Fender took over - all of this kind of stuff started to lose it's shine....

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by Vocalpoint on Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:21 am
Solved.

I guess actually being on the "latest" Universal Control (v4) would help. I kind of assumed that UC would update itself - but it appears that major version jumps (from v3.64 in my case to 4.10) required a bit more manual intervention.

I am current now.

Cheers!

VP

by donaldbaarns on Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:00 am
Yes, that caught me out too...

While I understand Studio One only showing the free version updates available for your current gen (5.x updates for existing 5.x users, 6.x updates for 6.x users...) I don't understand that for the UC, which is always free.

They went to v4 last Dec 2022, but anybody on v3 who didn't manually check via the PreSonus site would not see it if they used the "Check for updates..." menu.

Easy, absolutely not obvious.

v4 has also had two versions now... And once you're on v4, then the "Check for Updates" works as expected (and isn't in beta at this point.)

Don

S1 v6.x Pro - latest version
PreSonus Studio 26, IO 24, Atom
Eris E5s
iZotope RX10 Advanced
Win 11 Pro-32GB RAM-AMD 3900x
AMD 5700XT
Windows 10 Pro-16 GB RAM
MacOS Ventura (13.4) iMac i5 w 8 GB RAM

FB group: Studio One Users-Audiobooks, VO and Podcaster focused:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudioOneNarrationVO/

Studio One and iZotope RX Courses for Narrators/Podcasters/VO: