4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I must be doing something wrong. I can midi learn pedals, knobs, faders, etc and save them with a song or template and reload the song or template and all the knobs etc are preserved and work as intended

but....

When I save any instrument as a preset with the same pedals/knobs/faders functioning as intended and reload the preset none of the knobs/etc work...This defeats the purpose of having presets

I must be doing something wrong?

Studio One latest, Komplete Kontrol s61 mk1, various vst's.

GoTo for music:
-HP Z420 Workstation 32GB Xeon 3.70 Ghz Win10Pro Studio One 6
-Audient EVO4, Komplete Kontrol s61 MKI, Launchpad x, Multiple shared hard drives.
Other stuff:
Orba1, Donner DMK25Pro, Thinkpad x240 Win10. Thinkpad Chromebook, Pixel4xl
Studio One Remote does not work in Chromebook
by Tacman7 on Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:14 am
Some pics of what you're doing might help...

I generally think of instrument presets as what you need to get an instrument setting back, like you modify a setting then save it under a different name etc.

It wouldn't remember any sort of routing because it can be put on different tracks etc.

Control Link is how S1 remembers external controls:
https://s1manual.presonus.com/#Control_ ... 257C_____0

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by edmisik on Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:57 pm
Thx for the feedback.

I just returned to S1 from Bitwig and think I;ll stay so will add a signature w. specs.

Your link to the online manual is appreciated

I was assuming that I would be able to Focus midi assign knobs and such and save the preset, so I would have access to the knobs going forward in the preset..Guess it just isnt something that works for some reason with presets but works with songs and templates. seems either dumb to me or something i can do but don't know how.

GoTo for music:
-Audient EVO4, Komplete Kontrol s61 MKI, Launchpad x, Multiple shared hard drives.
Other stuff:
by edmisik on Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:04 pm
Ok I figured this one out and have everything working. DAWs are complex things. If anyone seeing this has a same issue, I'd be happy to try and help out and explain. Personally I find midi learn to be confusing.

GoTo for music:
Other stuff:

4 posts
Page 1 of 1