3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I have the SoundID Reference plugin on the post inserts of my listen bus, it isn't on the main outs. I'm getting a warning from the plugin that it is inserted in the render chain when transforming instrument tracks into audio or when dragging audio out of the DAW to create, for example, music loops.

My understanding of the listen bus is that it replicates the main output bus but otherwise is independent of, and should not interfere with, it and any main mix rendering.

I don't usually use this on my DAW, typically I use it when composing using notation software which only has a stereo main output so I'm used to having to bypass it for rendering but was hoping the listen bus would alleviate the need for this in S1.

I'm pretty sure I can disable the warning and that the plugin is just getting confused by the listen bus, Has anyone else got an opinion on this?

Cheers,
Jason.
Last edited by Tuoni64 on Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Studio One 6 (Windows 11 22H2) | Dorico 5/ Notion 6| Focusrite 18i20 | Korg D1 | Hammond SK1 | Korg Prologue 8 | Sledge 2.0 | Maschine MK3 | Faderport 8 | X-Touch One|Self-designed Hardware Synths

https://www.yizakat.com

Friend of Bill

by patrickviens on Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:27 am
Tuoni64 wroteHi,

I'm pretty sure I can disable the warning and that the plugin is just getting confused by the listen bus, Has anyone else got an opinion on this?

Hi

Yes the warning can be disabled in Sound ID, I believe the plugin can detect offline rendering no matter where it is inserted.

Windows 10 64-bit
IntelCore i7-4700MQ @2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT755M, MOTU Ultra-Lite MK3 Hybrid, IK Multimedia Axe I/O, Soundcraft Notepad 12FX Mixer/interface, MOTU Micro Lite Midi Interface, Studio One Professional 6.2.1
by Tuoni64 on Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:37 am
Thanks. I thought as much.

<Updated to add>

From SoundID support page:

Cubase and Studio One: both Control Room (Cubase) and Listen Bus (Studio One) interfere with the SoundID Reference plugin's ability to read the render process data correctly. Thus, an unwarranted render-bypass dialog is expected. As the calibration will not be applied to the rendered mix, a warning notification is unnecessary and the notification can be switched off. Alternatively, the plugin can be added to the regular Master section.

Studio One 6 (Windows 11 22H2) | Dorico 5/ Notion 6| Focusrite 18i20 | Korg D1 | Hammond SK1 | Korg Prologue 8 | Sledge 2.0 | Maschine MK3 | Faderport 8 | X-Touch One|Self-designed Hardware Synths

https://www.yizakat.com

Friend of Bill

3 posts
Page 1 of 1