3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am trying to use the mouse with scrolling and zooming and having lots of issues. Yes, I know I can use a keyboard but with project of 60 min length it is often not convenient to use the keys.
Here are some issues:
- I want to scroll left/right only and when I slightly move the mouse up/down the zoom in/out kicks in
- zooming and scrolling is quite erratic (not smooth).

I use 4K screens so obviously resolution seems to have something to do with this, but at the same time when I use the same screen / mouse in Ableton Live the same functions are way much more smooth and intuitive. On top of that the face that there is no really icon idnication (like in Ableton) to show that zooming is available makes this really not convenient.

I wonder if anybody experience similar issues ? or have solution ?

Intel i9/24-core, RAM-64Gb, M.2-NVME-4TB, 4xHD-18Tb
Win10/64-Pro. Studio One + (v6.2+)
BEHRIUNGER-UMC-404, KompleteKontrol KBD Mk1/61key, Arturia-MINI-LAB mk2 (25key), Novation LAUNCH-CONTROL-XL, M-AUDIO - TrigerFinger, M-AUDIO Studio Monitors.
by PreAl on Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:21 pm
Perhaps search the forums first before you create new threads.
This topic was brought up only recently.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by donaldbaarns on Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:56 pm
Maybe one of these horizontal scrolling options will work better for you.

Have you tried: Shift + Scroll Wheel?

Other options:
Hover the mouse cursor in the horizontal scrollbar at the bottom: Scrollwheel goes side to side.
And/Or: Drag thumb in horizontal bar

Or if I'm moving in a long track:
Click and drag up as fast as possible in the timeline (anyplace)
Put mouse cursor close to my final destination, drag down slower, then let go, readjust starting point location, drag down.
(You can do that sequence of compacting very long timelines in a couple seconds, and drag down at your destination quickly too...)

Erratic scrolling has to do with the settings of your mouse/computer. I can think of 5 Zooming techniques, so unclear which one you're using. Most find the most obvious at first, but there are plenty of Zoom options.

Scrolling/Zooming smooth as silk here... (Win 11/10). I do tons of scrolling/moving on very long tracks too.
While I'm on Win11 on my primary machine, I don't remember any difference in terms of scrolling. Everything I do now was working great in Win10.

Additionally: Many of us also use the "Logitech MX Master" mouse, which has a dedicated thumb wheel for horizontal scrolling. (Overall my absolute favorite for editing audio... across multiple audio programs.)

Display drivers matter in Windows, are you up to date on those?

Don

S1 v6.x Pro - latest version
PreSonus Studio 26, IO 24, Atom
Eris E5s
iZotope RX10 Advanced
Win 11 Pro-32GB RAM-AMD 3900x
AMD 5700XT
Windows 10 Pro-16 GB RAM
MacOS Ventura (13.4) iMac i5 w 8 GB RAM

FB group: Studio One Users-Audiobooks, VO and Podcaster focused:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudioOneNarrationVO/

Studio One and iZotope RX Courses for Narrators/Podcasters/VO: