7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello all. Is anyone using an M1 Mac with Studio One? I've been using Studio One v5 on my M1 Mac mini and M1 Pro MacBook Pro for at least a couple of years now. My Mac OS version for both computers is Monterey v12.6.2. My Studio One version is version 5.5.2 ...

I use plug-ins from Native Instruments, Waves, and several other audio companies. At the moment, the versions of both my OS and Studio One version are agreeing with each other pretty well, but I've considered updating. Over the past couple of years, I've tried to update my Studio One version a few times and I've noticed an issue with mostly Waves and sometimes Native Instruments plug-ins. When I'd try to work on my sessions, I would receive a "Missing Devices" dialogue box, warning that plug-ins that were previously working fine are now incompatible. I also have noticed that there is still an issue with certain Native Instruments plug-ins and Waves plug-ins when you run Studio One without Rosetta mode turned on (Rosetta works in the background to allow programs that were created for Intel Macs to run correctly with M1 Macs).

I have another plug-in called Diamond Color EQ 3 by Acustica-Audio and I was informed by the company that this plug-in will only run correctly in native mode, without Rosetta. But... when I turn off Rosetta mode for that EQ plug-in to run correctly in Studio One, I noticed other plug-ins from Waves and Native Instruments are suddenly missing.

I just wanted to reach out here and see if someone else has encountered this issue and if anyone knows the best solution for what version of M1 Mac OS to use with which Studio One version to ensure the best plug-in compatibility at this point in time.

Specs: Mac mini (M1 2020) > Chip: Apple M1 > Memory: 16 GB > OS: Big Sur v11.2 - Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen - Yamaha HS7 Monitors > Studio One V5 > Maschine MK3 > Nektar Impact LX88+
by babulmukherjee on Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:01 pm
I am on an M1 Mac Studio but running Studio One v6.1.2 and Ventura 13.4, and I'm running in full ARM/native mode (not Rosetta) with no issues with Waves or NI, plus many others. I have a few Acustica Audio free plugins but honestly I don't use them.

Apple Mac Studio Max 64gb RAM, Ventura, RME UFX III, Studio One 6, Genelec 8330A w/7350A, Sennheiser HD 650
by astokesmusic on Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:04 pm
@babulmukherjee Oh wow, good to know! I guess I’ll have to make the decision to try updating my OS and Studio One software again soon. I would go ahead and try it to see if I get the same results as you, but I have a trip coming up soon and I might play it safe for awhile by sticking to my current versions since mostly everything is already working correctly.

Specs: Mac mini (M1 2020) > Chip: Apple M1 > Memory: 16 GB > OS: Big Sur v11.2 - Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen - Yamaha HS7 Monitors > Studio One V5 > Maschine MK3 > Nektar Impact LX88+
by Tacman7 on Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:18 pm
I bought an M1 mini but didn't upgrade the OS because UAD didn't support it, looks like it does now.

I had to upgrade a wave plugin that I wanted, only the up to date ones are M1 compatible.

It does what I need, don't see a reason to upgrade OS now. I use windows most of the time.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by vasilykorytov on Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:05 am
if some plugins are missing when you run a M1-native S1, this probably means, the plugins don't have a native M1 build.

I do have two plugins that're not yet M1 native and the vendor says "well, Rosetta isn't discontinued, just run your DAW with Rosetta" and I think I'm abandoning this vendor.

this all said, other DAWs might have a different approach, Reaper can use Intel VST plugins when ran natively on M1, but Studio one cannot.

back to your original question, I currently have two Apple silicon machines, both currently run latest Ventura and Studio One 5. YMMV, as some of your plugins might not like Ventura or something like this, but my experience is that my plugins that are not officially compatible with Ventura, run fine yet. I'd however recommend making a list of your plugins' compatibility to choose the OS correctly.

by j0001s on Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:20 pm
vasilykorytov wroteReaper can use Intel VST plugins when ran natively on M1, but Studio one cannot.

This is not correct. Studio One has no issue running Intel plugins while running a native version of Studio One. Of course, you do need to have Rosetta installed.

This isn't theoretical - I do this all the time. There's a handful of plugins that are crucial to me that STILL aren't native.
by vasilykorytov on Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:31 am
j0001s wroteThis is not correct. Studio One has no issue running Intel plugins while running a native version of Studio One. Of course, you do need to have Rosetta installed.

weird, this is somehow not working for me, as noted previously I'm running the latest 5.x.

I have Intel-only VST/VST3 plugins and they're only visible when I click 'run with Rosetta' on S1. when I uncheck this -- they're invisible. what I'm doing wrong?

maybe this is supported in v6, but not in v5?

7 posts
Page 1 of 1