6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Melodyne Editor 5.3.1.018
Studio One 6.1.2 Demo

I have been thinking about coming back to Studio One after using Cakewalk for a while. Checking out the version 6 demo, I'm having a problem with Melodyne.

When editing a clip with varying tempo in Melodyne in Studio One demo, tempo detection doesn't happen. The tempo value stays at the Studio One song tempo. In Cakewalk on the same PC it works like the training video, i.e. the tempo combo flashes when a clip with a different tempo is opened, with the option to use the detected tempo and create a tempo map for the song. It also works correctly in standalone Melodyne. I used the same audio clip in each test.

Could anyone please confirm this is a limitation of the demo version before I part with my hard earned £££? Or at least a known bug in v6.

Thanks
Nick

Attachments
tempo.jpg
Screenshots from Cakewalk and Studio One 6 demo
by SwitchBack on Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:32 am
Open the Inspector to see if the tempo field of the event has 120 bpm in it already. If so then clear the tempo field and run Melodyne again. Should work.
by nickcassidy on Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:35 am
SwitchBack wroteOpen the Inspector to see if the tempo field of the event has 120 bpm in it already. If so then clear the tempo field and run Melodyne again. Should work.

Much appreciated, thank you.
by Seanomatic on Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:51 pm
Hello

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue? I tried clearing the tempo in the inspector, and that doesn't seem to do anything. Also....none of the tempo options are available in Melodyne which I find strange because it is Melodyne Studio 5.3.1 - up to date. I cannot get Melodyne to detect a new tempo to save my life. Tracked a single acoustic guitar WAY slower than 78 bpm. Regardless of algo....no new suggested tempo. Gregor....and that guy from Celemony make this look pretty easy...and yet...not so much new tempo.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Studio One 6.5 Pro
Melodyne Studio 5.3.1

Attachments
Melodyne Screen Capture 2.PNG
Melodyne Screen Capture 1.PNG
by SwitchBack on Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:17 am
Without a clear cadence in the material Melodyne will be struggling to find the beat too. You may have to create your tempo map manually.

As for re-detecting with Melodyne you first have to remove Melodyne from the track, then clear the tempo field in the Inspector, and then reapply Melodyne to the track.
by Seanomatic on Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:48 am
Thank you - I'll give that a try!

6 posts
Page 1 of 1