9 posts
Page 1 of 1
I would like to remove vocals from a pre-recorded song. I found a couple of tutorials that are impossible to understand that demonstrate the Mixtool effect for this but I can't get it to work. Can anyone suggest a method to remove vocals from a song using Studio One so that I can make an instrumental-only song?
Thanks!

Dell Latitude E6530, 16 GB Ram, Two 1-TB SSD
Windows 10/64
Novation LaunchKey 49 USB Keyboard
Studio One 6.5.2.97444 Win x64
by Vocalpoint on Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:27 am
alfredohuerta wroteI would like to remove vocals from a pre-recorded song. I found a couple of tutorials that are impossible to understand that demonstrate the Mixtool effect for this but I can't get it to work. Can anyone suggest a method to remove vocals from a song using Studio One so that I can make an instrumental-only song? Thanks!

Highly unlikely.

I have read about some interesting developments with some third-party plugins - but this is not something that Studio One can do natively.

And then of course there's the huge legal angle - you cannot simply strip the vocals out of a song (that is not yours) to create a custom instrumental for your own internal purposes - unless specific permission is granted. But that is another topic for another day...

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by Tacman7 on Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:52 am
I was going to say, you can get some good software to do that but it will work in any DAW probably.

Real easy to download the midi for free and assign some instruments to the parts, customize it and make it your own.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by ianaeillo on Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:05 pm
Vocalpoint wrote
alfredohuerta wroteI would like to remove vocals from a pre-recorded song. I found a couple of tutorials that are impossible to understand that demonstrate the Mixtool effect for this but I can't get it to work. Can anyone suggest a method to remove vocals from a song using Studio One so that I can make an instrumental-only song? Thanks!

Highly unlikely.

I have read about some interesting developments with some third-party plugins - but this is not something that Studio One can do natively.

And then of course there's the huge legal angle - you cannot simply strip the vocals out of a song (that is not yours) to create a custom instrumental for your own internal purposes - unless specific permission is granted. But that is another topic for another day...

VP

100%.

On that note, I played around with some new feature on apple phones where there’s some ai that removes vocals from songs. It is insanely good. I cannot believe the quality of some of the stuff.

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10
by tpittman on Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:16 pm
alfredohuerta wroteI would like to remove vocals from a pre-recorded song. I found a couple of tutorials that are impossible to understand that demonstrate the Mixtool effect for this but I can't get it to work. Can anyone suggest a method to remove vocals from a song using Studio One so that I can make an instrumental-only song?
Thanks!

Roland as a product called R-Mix or at least they use to. I had it on an old I-Pad years ago. It did a good job of removing vocal. It had a bunch of other features also. Been some time since i used it. Not even real sure it is available any longer. A google search will reveal if you are interested

Studio One Pro 6.5.2 Mac mini Monterey OS Midas 32 Board / Interface
by fmaestas on Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:49 am
Try this website. https://www.lalal.ai
I used it to split vocals from music. My files were of my old group, from 44 years ago. I took the extracted vocals and recorded new music to them.
It did a decent job considering the source files were from cassette tapes. There are a few other sites, but this one sounded best for my files.

S1 Pro 6.5, Logic, Reaper, macOS BigSur
My Bandcamp
by Steve Carter on Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:55 pm
Don’t know of a way to strip vocals natively in S1 but Izotope RX standard has a ‘rebalance’ feature, which can make a very reasonable stab at it. Unfortunately S1 and RX still don’t play well together (even after years of gripes) so you’ll likely need to use RX in standalone mode.

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by graytermedia on Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:13 pm
Steinberg's SpectraLayers 9 does a very good job of it. It's a spendy option though, even works via ARA2 in Cubase/Nuendo, but not in Studio One.

tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9
by wolfgerb on Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:07 am
graytermedia wroteSteinberg's SpectraLayers 9 does a very good job of it. It's a spendy option though, even works via ARA2 in Cubase/Nuendo, but not in Studio One.

tg

You can use it via Alt-dragging to an Event as Event-FX in S1 though. Works great!

Mac Book Air M2 15", Mac OS 14.3; RME Digiface USB, MOTU 828es + 8pre; Studio One 6.5.2; Faderport v2; Atom SQ

9 posts
Page 1 of 1