4 posts
Page 1 of 1
When I work with S1, I like to see the score on my 2nd screen all the time, and when I need to edit in depth (note length, cc...) I open the piano roll and my score always stays open.

But since 6.0.1, up to 6.1.2, S1 doesn't work like before. S1 crashes because of editor pinning (Piano Roll or Score)

Procedure :

1) Open new song
2) Add Instrument Track (Empty or with vsti)
3) Create one event on the track (double click on track)
4) Double click to open the Editor
5) Detach Editor
6) Keep Editor Open (Pin)
7) Quit song and save it
8) Load same song
9) Double click to open the Editor, S1 crash !

There can be 2 types of errors:

A) As on the video with a plugin error!
B) The song will never load!

S1 pro 6 -Vienna Ensemble Pro - Melodyne - Notion 6 - Win10 - jBridge 1.65 - Motherboard ASUS Z87-K - i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 32 Go RAM - GeForce GT 610 1024MB - Audio interface RME Hammerfall multiface II - Faderport - ADAT Interface Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre - EWQL hollywood-orchestra...
by patricemazmanian on Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:34 am
Even if you remove the "Pin" before saving the song, the result is the same:

1) Open new song
2) Add Instrument Track (Empty or with vsti)
3) Create one event on the track (double click on track)
4) Double click to open the Editor
5) Detach Editor
6) Keep Editor Open ON (Pin)
7) Keep Editor Open OFF
8) Quit song and save it
9) Load same song
10) Double click to open the Editor, S1 crash !

As all my songs have the "pin score", all my songs are corrupted!
To work around this bug, I have to close S1 between each song loading. There it works. But version 6.0.0 works wonderfully. I mainly use this version.

I thought the fault came from a plugin (see error message) only a few days ago I found the cause.
Can someone confirm the bug?

Good day to all
Patrice
Pardon my Google English ;-)

S1 pro 6 -Vienna Ensemble Pro - Melodyne - Notion 6 - Win10 - jBridge 1.65 - Motherboard ASUS Z87-K - i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 32 Go RAM - GeForce GT 610 1024MB - Audio interface RME Hammerfall multiface II - Faderport - ADAT Interface Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre - EWQL hollywood-orchestra...
by PreAl on Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:09 am
Can reproduce on Windows 11/Studio One Pro 6.1.2.
Note I had to follow the steps exactly, sometimes it wouldn't happen. The animated GIFs were useful.

Create a ticket with support I suggest, make sure you point them to this thread.

Send them a copy of your latest .dmp file located at:

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus

Attachments
crash.png

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by patricemazmanian on Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:22 pm
PreAl wroteCan reproduce on Windows 11/Studio One Pro 6.1.2.
Note I had to follow the steps exactly, sometimes it wouldn't happen. The animated GIFs were useful.

Create a ticket with support I suggest, make sure you point them to this thread.

Send them a copy of your latest .dmp file located at:

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus

Thank you PreAl, it's done

4 posts
Page 1 of 1