22 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
I did a thread about asking the AI to help with song writing, it's in the made in S1 section.

But this article really has some interesting directions to go in music writing...

https://audioplugin.deals/articles/11-p ... roduction/?

Food for thought...

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by PreAl on Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:13 am
We are screwed.

Studio One in 5 years time will just be an app where you tell it what you want and within 5 seconds later a brand new song will be made right?

No need for musicians any more!
In fact no need for any job that requires a brain, and the robots will be here soon to replace jobs that don't require one, they are already flipping burgers and policing the streets (although they aren't exactly great at it now).

The next 5 years the world is going to be turned upside down for humans, and it's not looking good. We are literally witnessing the beginning of the rise of the machines, and believe me, I'm no Q-anon nut case gas lighting conspiracy theorist.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by graytermedia on Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:24 am
PreAl wroteWe are screwed.
The next 5 years the world is going to be turned upside down for humans, and it's not looking good. We are literally witnessing the beginning of the rise of the machines, and believe me, I'm no Q-anon nut case gas lighting conspiracy theorist.

As AI is slowly integrated into every facet of our lives, there are times when I truly believe this, but I still hold out hope that humans are better than this.

The thing that gets under my skin is companies like Adobe and Blackmagic adding more AI based noise reduction tools into programs like Premiere and Resolve. Editors are emboldened that they can now do my job (Post mix) by slapping a plugin on an audio track. However, for now, they still come to me to "clean up" the mess they've made. I explain that there is an art to using the tools and AI isn't going to fix everything (yet).

I'm not sure what I'll do when AI becomes state of the art.

tg

Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.5.1 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Komplete S61 / Keylab 61 mkII / Studio One 6.2 / Pro Tools Studio 2023.9 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 6 / UVI Falcon / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection 9
by gregghart on Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:32 pm
I recently bought a gen 3 Focusrite Audio Interface and they have a line of Plug-Ins called "FAST." They are AI based. I bought them out of curiosity with a discount code that came with my Interface...got all of them for $30.

Honestly, they aren't great. I can do WAY better by setting the controls on my own.

Izotope has a MUCH better control of "AI" though. Ozone can do a pretty amazing job! Again though, I still believe humans can do better.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by jih64 on Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:02 pm
They are based on/stripped down, altered 'whatever' versions of Sonibles plugs. If you take your time to learn understand how it all works, they, including the Sonible plugs are quite good and can lead you to quite good results. I got all the F.A.S.T plugs as well as all the Sonible ones, it's not just about AI, you can hook in the old fashioned way, and disregarding AI, the plugs themselves EQ's, Comp's etc more than hold their own.

For every Arthur C Clarke quoter, there is a know-all who likes to quote Arthur C Clarke
- unknown
by patricemazmanian on Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:06 am
Humans are much better than artificial intelligence. What makes us strong is that we are all different. How many are we already on earth?

S1 pro 6 -Vienna Ensemble Pro - Melodyne - Notion 6 - Win10 - jBridge 1.65 - Motherboard ASUS Z87-K - i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 32 Go RAM - GeForce GT 610 1024MB - Audio interface RME Hammerfall multiface II - Faderport - ADAT Interface Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre - EWQL hollywood-orchestra...
by gregghart on Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:14 am
jih64 wroteThey are based on/stripped down, altered 'whatever' versions of Sonibles plugs. If you take your time to learn understand how it all works, they, including the Sonible plugs are quite good and can lead you to quite good results. I got all the F.A.S.T plugs as well as all the Sonible ones, it's not just about AI, you can hook in the old fashioned way, and disregarding AI, the plugs themselves EQ's, Comp's etc more than hold their own.

As I stated myself when I said i can do better with the controls myself. :) They are good plugs, I just don't like the AI portions...

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by Lokeyfly on Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:16 am
Tacman7 wroteI did a thread about asking the AI to help with song writing, it's in the made in S1 section.

But this article really has some interesting directions to go in music writing...

https://audioplugin.deals/articles/11-p ... roduction/?

Food for thought...

I'll chew on that......
So let me get this straight. You originally asked AI and users for help with writing. (Thats been laying dormant in the made in Studio One post). You stated you could do the music any time but the lyrics held you back (I'm paraphrasing).
Now you have this, in your words "interesting directions to go in music writing......". So you're again pointing to AI. So let me just step in here and ask YOU. Have you finished a song? Any song, and placed it in the made in S1 location, or elsewhere? No not your unfinished lyrics post. if not, have you finished words to a song? Can we hear it? Would be glad to give a listen. Truly if it's all YOURS.

In a world where AI is becoming more and more prominent (largely sad, but medically beneficial). The subject of AI, while having some positives is very subjective. Both emotionally, socially, scientifically, and yes, even artistically.

How is this related to Studio One? It's sounds more off topic (forum location now gone) than anything Studio One related. No?

I'll extend an olive branch and say some might be thankful who are in a music writing bind, and use your link as an aid. Frankly, it sounds more like your own issue. After all, it was you in the initial post (now residing in Made In Studio One) who asked for opinions/ideas to lyrics. Now you're providing AI suggestions musically. Thought you had that covered.

Is someone in the final analysis suppose to piece together some subject matter, ask AI to frappe (don't over blend) some song, so that the end user can then post in SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple play, etc. Then say Look Ma, I haven't much of an artistic cell in my being. I wrote this! Aren't you proud of me?

You certainly don't have to answer any question here, and sure I'm being just a tad facetious. But I think you might also get my underlined point.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by ianaeillo on Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:42 am
For now, AI has been a sales boom for me. I do a lot of scoring of podcasts and while I originally lost quite a bit of business to the $49 AI websites, AI doesn’t yet possess ability to create variations of themes and provide updates and alt tempos. Yet.

AI’s current deficiencies have allowed me to charge almost double what I did before and I went from it being a very small part of my studio income to a quite substantial chunk. I know it’s gonna be short lived, but it is what it is.

As for AI mixing? I’m fully prepared to be out a job due to industry-wide Atmos requirements and subsequent industry consolidation long before AI fully takes over.

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10
by Lokeyfly on Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:27 pm
"......before AI fully takes over."

How nice. This is why the AI subject can erupt like flames in a kerosene throwing contest.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by SwitchBack on Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:29 pm
AI is going to change the world whether we like it or not. Any (part of a) job that involves routine or rules (your own or others) will be AI hunting ground. So we either have to accept that we'll spend way more time doing nothing (waiting for those sparks of creativity not covered by any rules yet) or we have to try being 100% brilliantly innovative all the time, with no routine tasks at all to keep us sane. So adapt, resistance is futile ;)
by Lokeyfly on Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:20 pm
Got a kick out of this. Chuckle, chuckle.

Attachments
0-1.jpg

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by ianaeillo on Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:30 pm
Lokeyfly wrote"......before AI fully takes over."

How nice. This is why the AI subject can erupt like flames in a kerosene throwing contest.

In context I said realistically AI won’t take my job. Atmos will. I didn’t throw any kerosene.

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10
by Lokeyfly on Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:58 pm
ianaeillo wrote
Lokeyfly wrote"......before AI fully takes over."

In context I said realistically AI won’t take my job. Atmos will. I didn’t throw any kerosene.

It's the subject right out of the gate, but I truly enjoyed your comment ... "before AI takes over."

It's almost as though any comments we make, sound unintentionally aloof. Mine for instance. Right after I stated "got a kick out of this."
It sounds just as un-aware of AI is upon us.

To my overall point though, I am asking Tacman7 just how relevant this is to Studio One, and is it more in line with what he's looking to do. Of course some might benefit from AI help in the same context.

AI might help in your distribution or sales.im sure we could cover the four corners of economics as well.
What is relevant, here is pretty vague, so I'm hoping to get to an actual point from the OP, than observe a three page post much adoo about nothing.

Not you. The subject in and of itself throws kerosene.
Most humans without AI already have AI.
Cheers.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by ianaeillo on Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:18 pm
Gotcha. I’m picking up what you’re putting down. I was on an airplane when I wrote it and it was way too early with little sleep so I probably didn’t need to write any of it lol.

by Lokeyfly on Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:03 am
ianaeillo wroteGotcha. I’m picking up what you’re putting down. I was on an airplane when I wrote it and it was way too early with little sleep so I probably didn’t need to write any of it lol.

Glad you touched down smoothly, brother. I'm not sure why I responded to the thread either except for the reasons mentioned earlier.

With that, the help lines are back open. :punk:

Presonus help desk: "what's that Sir? You say you asked AI for Eddie Van Halen's chops, with Leonard Bernsteins West Side Story, and Gene Simmons (KISS) lyrics, and you got a shark with lipstick, eating a NY Cut steak, on fire? How rude!" 🔥 💋 🎸
:)

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by klypeman on Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:07 pm
Does it count that I compose a lot with Toontrack ?

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by Maarkr on Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:59 pm
AI in music writing... I checked it out. I thought I really had no use for AI in my music, then one day I was having troubles with a section of song lyrics I was writing. There were two lines in particular I had issue with, so i signed up for ChatGPT and wasn't sure where to start. I then typed in what I was looking for and the lyric line, and it came back with a response. Not exactly what I wanted, so I kept repeating the request, modifying it and tweaking the request, explaining what i wanted or didn't like about the response. After several minutes and several back and forth replies, it came up with two lyric lines that I was happy with. I think the program also offered a song lyrics function, where you give it the song name and other info, and it generated lyrics for an entire song. I briefly checked it out and the lyrics it generated were bad, but not necessarily worse than some songs I've heard, lol.

Maarkr
Studio: Studio One, IKM, NI, Waves, iZotope, Melodyne Studio + others (former user of Reaper, Acid, Sonar, Cubase and Reason)
i7 8700/Giga Z390 mobo, Win11 Pro-64 w32Gb, MOTU Ultralite mk4, Yamaha HS80M wSub, Live: PX-5S, FA-06, Epi Les Paul, Zoom R-16...

Latest album release at http://genemaarkr.bandcamp.com/
by Tacman7 on Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:15 pm
Lokeyfly wroteI am asking Tacman7 just how relevant this is to Studio One, and is it more in line with what he's looking to do.

Well that's true, certainly on my mind, can't turn on the TV with hearing 'AI' this or that.

I thought the link had some good ideas but they're just songwriting ideas.
I use S1 to write songs, well, never seem to make a song, just make short demos of things.

Like this was written by a supposed AI plugin, well sort of, it really helps with parts but most everything has to be redone to sound right,
so I get to do something.
I was demoing a fiddle library I have at the time.
FiddleTac.mp3
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 50 times
Lot of hype about AI but the people on the picket lines at the writers strike, they believe!

Forum Moderator.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by duncanrigby on Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:03 am
AI is nothing more than analysis queries(which have been around for 20 years) running on faster hardware to become more real time. There is no artificial “thinking”, nothing is dynamic, its still just simple “if thens” and “do’s” ( more of them per second ) there is no learning to ask “new” unthought of queries as AI does not have IDEAS, its still a predefined list of queries and answers snd processes.
Example:
If you ask and AI system this “write a song like John Lennon” after a context search on the name “John lennon” would be identified as a musician . The music databases would be searched for all of John songs. The commonest themes would be ranked highest, and then the system would spew out suggested lyrics based upon history of that data. 20 years ago that would’ve taken one operator, possibly 4 to 5 hours to write the queries to do that , the same queries would be used today but running on a faster platform which will result in seconds.

Ask an AI system to sing like john lennon, it would parse all the vocal elements to simple nuggets of data and then reconstitute back to a rendering of a vocal lyric. 20 years ago that would’ve taken one person maybe three months today we can happen in minutes going to the increased machine speed.

Its still quicker and cheaper to use a soundalike to add John lennon into a new song.

If you were to put some of the available chat bots now that are based on so-called AI onto machines of the speed of 20 years ago, you’ve probably waiting months for the answers to the simplest of questions.

22 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2