21 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
I have tons of problems with S1 working on my 3 4K screens. I wonder if anybody has any solution (as I am about to quite and move to another DAW. Running S1 v6+Win10/64.

when using Ableton Live11 I have no relocation issues of any kind (while using all 3 monitors).

I detach EDITOR or CHANNELS and move to another screen. Then after some time of inactivity, those two windows get relocated. When I move them over where they supposed to be, there are several terrible things happen.

1) not always, but most of the time one of those windows is relocated beyond the screen frame so I can only see a fragment of the left bottom corner
2) if it does not get relocated, I try to click FULL SCREEN icon and that window lands on top of my main window (where the tracks are) covering everything
3) After using the Window Position reset function (from the menu) I can finally move them back and dock them into a Main window, but then when I detach them the same cap happens !
4) when the window lands beyond the screen I close S1 and reopen and that window is still not in reach (no access to the top bar).

Basically, I am limited to using only ONE SCREEN, so then there are no problems.
I just reported this problem to Presonus, but wanted to see how many other people face this issue and deal with it ?

Intel i9/24-core, RAM-64Gb, M.2-NVME-4TB, 4xHD-18Tb
Win10/64-Pro. Studio One + (v6.2+)
BEHRIUNGER-UMC-404, KompleteKontrol KBD Mk1/61key, Arturia-MINI-LAB mk2 (25key), Novation LAUNCH-CONTROL-XL, M-AUDIO - TrigerFinger, M-AUDIO Studio Monitors.
by PreAl on Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:38 am
I agree multi monitor is not perfect in Studio One and Windows. It annoys me too.

If you have issues I suggest you raise a support ticket giving them clear, detailed and precise steps to reproduce, whilst you are at it perhaps they could fix your caps lock issue.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by ianaeillo on Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:11 pm
Never had any issues on Mac and like the multiple screen workflow better than PT. That said i will be using my first windows multi screen setup this week and will report back.

Studio One Pro 5.5, Studio One Pro 6.12, Faderport 16, Faderport Classic (1.45), Metric Halo ULN-8 MKIV, Presonus Quantum, Presonus Quantum 2, Ferrofish Pulse 16, (2) Digimax DP88, Audient ASP800, BLA HD192, 27-Inch Late 2012 3.2GHZ i5 32 GB 1600 DDR3, 2Tb SSD, 10.13.6 High Sierra + 10.14 Mojave + Windows 10
by j0001s on Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:28 am
By chance, are you using windows display scaling on your 4K monitors? I've seen some issues related to that.

If that's the case, certainly add it to the info on the ticket.
by arthurklisiewicz1 on Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:17 pm
OF course, I do. Windows10 on 5K monitor without scaling would look like tiny fly. OS scaling on my system is set to 150%., which makes Windows fonts readable enough. One must understand that rescaling Windows in order to S1 look good is a pretty stupid idea (unless you use that computer for nothing else but your music).

I am using Ableton Live and since version-11 when they went to the total vector scaling (fonts, graphic etc) there are no issues of any kind with scaling or reading screen, because Ableton build in scaling feature works perfectly fine. I think that was one of the best implementations they have done in recent 10 years.

S1 is far from that and on top of that THERE IS NO FONT CUSTOMIZATION OF ANY KIND which is a shame for the software which costs several hundred dollars.

window docking is not working and the glitches with the relocation make this product almost useless on multiple screens. We really need to keep bothering Presonus to fix those issues. Multiple screens and 4K monitors are on the market for over 10 years....

BEHRIUNGER-UMC-404, KompleteKontrol KBD Mk1/61key, Arturia-MINI-LAB mk2 (25key), Novation LAUNCH-CONTROL-XL, M-AUDIO - TrigerFinger, M-AUDIO Studio Monitors.
by PreAl on Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:27 pm
Will you PLEASE STOP TYPING IN CAPS, every 5 seconds..Create a ticket with them. thanks.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by arthurklisiewicz1 on Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:16 pm
I would like to sustain my statement that PRESONUS does not really testr their software on multiple screens and resolutions. I just purchased 3 new 32" monitors and they are 4K. With this size the GUI is finally readable (with some minor exceptions i.e. the Menu in the Plugin Tables window.

I wanted to keep one HD monitor and when used along with the 3x4k monitors, this setup is a total disaster. When the window is moved over to the HD monitor everything gets messed up and is simply useless.

Just an advice for new commers - keep all your monitors consistent (if you playing in 4K resolution).

by Vocalpoint on Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:52 am
arthurklisiewicz1 wroteJust an advice for newcomers - keep all your monitors consistent (if you playing in 4K resolution).

Actually - the best advice for any new comer is to use the recommended resolution as stipulated in the System Requirements for Studio One as designed by Presonus.

Any deviance of this - like trying to justify 4K as being a "problem" - is (and continues to be) pointless.

The software world (even here in 2024) is not based on (nor designed for) 4K - the world standard continues to be standard HD - where almost none of us have any issues.

If/when Presonus officially declares Studio One to be 100% 4K compatible in all situations AND when using ALL third party plugins from ALL vendors - then and only then should you consider running S1 full time in that resolution.

VP
Last edited by Vocalpoint on Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by PreAl on Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:58 am
Ultimately the interface should be fully vector scalable. People have other uses for their computers, it may not be exclusively Studio One.

It's not a bug but an important feature that really should be implemented.

by Vocalpoint on Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:01 am
PreAl wroteUltimately the interface should be fully vector scalable. People have other uses for their computers, it may not be exclusively Studio One.

It's not a bug but an important feature that really should be implemented.

Not denying this at all and I hope it is addressed (tactfully and accurately) someday in the future..

But until that day arrives - would be nice if some folks would climb off their high horse just because they hit Costco, dragged home three 4K monitors that were on sale and then insist/demand/ that every vendor on the planet "get with it" to satisfy/justify their new purchase.

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by BobF on Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:31 am
IMX, 4K is not the problem. I moved from dual HD screens to a single 43" 4K LG (from Costco) years ago. I have zero display problems. I chose this size to keep close to the same PPI as I had before. The end result is a single panel that is the equiv. of a 2x2 matrix of the screens I had before (not from Costco) - with zero squinting.

I'll never understand why folks buy a small 4K display, then scale up to display things large enough to see.

YMMV

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by PreAl on Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:31 am
I think in this day and age software needs to accommodate for pretty much any screen size, there really is no such thing as a standard setup, and I've been using multi monitor since forever.

The software needs to accommodate for pros, amateurs, games players, office monkeys.. oh and musicians.

by BobF on Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:37 am
I agree. But which software? Application, O/S, video drivers? IMO, the application should NOT be responsible for dealing with the details.

Yes, Win is horrible at this.

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by PreAl on Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:38 am
BobF wroteI'll never understand why folks buy a small 4K display, then scale up to display things large enough to see.

YMMV

Mostly because the app shows the text too small but everything else is fine, which is why vector scaling is essential. The extreme example is NI plugins, terrible UI. Haven't seen the latest iterations however.

Windows 10/Windows 11 activity recommends I set everything at 125% scale on my 4K monitor. What's hilarious is that I have the latest Photoshop elements installed and it can't even handle that! Previews are all over the place.

by PreAl on Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:40 am
BobF wroteI agree. But which software? Application, O/S, video drivers? IMO, the application should NOT be responsible for dealing with the details.

Yes, Win is horrible at this.

Vector scaling is an application thing, requires a complete recode of the UI in most situations. You can't get away from it. All modern apps should do it imho.

by Vocalpoint on Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:40 am
PreAl wroteI think in this day and age software needs to accommodate for pretty much any screen size, there really is no such thing as a standard setup, and I've been using multi monitor since forever.

The software needs to accommodate for pros, amateurs, games players, office monkeys.. oh and musicians.

100% agreed.

However for the DAW user community (or any community) to benefit from this "scaling" panacea - it must involve (and be supported by) every software vendor and every hardware vendor - just like standard HD is right now.

From Windows/MacOS to all apps to all plugins - you cannot have Presonus declaring full 4K compatibility for Studio One and then introduce some un-scalable minor plugin from 2019 OR a major one (like say Komplete Kontrol 2.9.6 - which will never ever be 4K compatible) and expect this to just "work".

Studio One cannot overcome the shortcomings of some vendor who has no interest in ever making their plugins 4K scalable. So the hassle (and complaints) continue unabated.

This whole discussion is an non-starter unless every vendor agrees to making everything 4K scalable.

In the case of plugin vendors - that means recoding all their UIs from scratch - so you can see where that is going to land.

VP

by PreAl on Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:03 am
Vocalpoint wrote100% agreed.

However for the DAW user community (or any community) to benefit from this "scaling" panacea - it must involve (and be supported by) every software vendor and every hardware vendor - just like standard HD is right now.

Not at all. All size monitors can handle it (although there has to be a bare minimum size otherwise it will be all squashed), so pretty much all hardware is automatically supported.(with the exception of small screens). That is the point of vector scaling.

Plugins can run on top of a scalable UI whether they are scalable or not. If the plugin is too small/too old and not scalable the choice is either to cope with it like we do now, or hopefully the DAW allows the plugin to be scaled upwards at the expense of pixelation or being blurry. That has to be manually set on a per plugin basis.

by Vocalpoint on Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:09 am
PreAl wrote
Vocalpoint wroteHopefully the DAW allows the plugin to be scaled upwards at the expense of pixelation or being blurry. That has to be manually set on a per plugin basis.

I have zero interest in making Presonus responsible to handle scaling of "third party" anything.

I need S1 using it's resources to manage itself and what it is designed for - not to rely on it as a "graphical resource manager" to prop up lazy third party developers who refuse to design their products correctly for the 2020's

That said - even here in 2024 - years and years after 4K became a thing - I still find it fascinating that the software world (at large) still simply refuses to play ball with this.

Not surprising is vendors already know there is no money in it for them - no payoff or chance to recoup the time, talent and resource it would take to recode all their stuff from scratch in a vector framework.

Best to just carry on with standard HD (for now) until something better becomes the new standard.

VP

by PreAl on Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:33 am
It's still a perfectly feasible and particularly useful feature to make plugins larger that otherwise stay small. If you were visually impaired it would be absolutely essential. So you have got a plugin too small to see now you can use it. If you don't care fair enough, but of course it's an extremely useful feature, people want to use the plugins they want to use.

But yes ownership should be on third party plugin developers, pity NI doesn't listen. People have been screaming at them for years to do something about their UI's under 4K.

by Vocalpoint on Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:54 am
PreAl wroteIt's still a perfectly feasible and particularly useful feature to make plugins larger that otherwise stay small. If you were visually impaired it would be absolutely essential. So you have got a plugin too small to see now you can use it. If you don't care fair enough, but of course it's an extremely useful feature, people want to use the plugins they want to use.

Have never disputed the usefulness of it - especially for the visually impaired.

What gets me riled up is the user who decides to buy a 4K monitor (usually with little to no planning) only to find out the world is not based around 4K, that everything is "too small" and suddenly gets up on the soapbox claiming some bizarre entitlement that all of the software they use is now a "HORROR" and should be altered/recoded/redesigned - simply because "they" have a new monitor (and now a problem)

Fact is - "they" only have a problem because they decided to skirt the rules - which in this case - for practically every vendor = a standard resolution of 1920x1080.

And even while any fancy 4K monitor can run standard HD perfectly fine - that is still not good enough for most of these folks so they keep beating the dead horse.

Just because you bought a monitor like this - does not suddenly make you special.

PreAl wrote But yes ownership should be on third party plugin developers, pity NI doesn't listen. People have been screaming at them for years to do something about their UI's under 4K.

NI have already stated more than once that 4K is not a priority - and it's fairly obvious that they will not be recoding Kontakt or any of their other major products. I do see that Komplete Kontrol 3 has some decent scaling ability - but that version is largely unusable unless you have a Mark III series keyboard.

Me - all I wanna do is use my stuff and see it properly on screen which is never a problem at 1920x1080.

VP

21 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2