5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello! I was wondering, what is the best practice for keeping these backups in the session in case I need to do some later tweaks?

It would appear that I should have the files bounced into one whole consolidated event for editing I assume, correct?

If I open Melodyne and tune first, should I keep the vocal with melodyne on it on one layer, then copy and paste that onto another layer, render that, then use revoice pro; when finished, copy that event and put it on a new layer, then bounce that to have a finished file? I'm just not sure how to keep a backup state of everything without doing it that way. It doesn't seem that you can put melodyne on the event, then use revoice on the same event. Otherwise, revoice pro isn't using your melodyned vocal as a reference. If you render melodyne and then open revoice pro, I don't think you can get back to your original melodyne if you needed to. So what is the best practice for all of this? I hope all of that made sense. Is the best option to just keep a "Raw" vocal file on one layer, then just bounce (consolidate) the file onto a new layer, then do destructive editing to that one, and in the event you need to change something, you always have the original raw to re-edit on a new layer? I'm just not understanding the best way to do this without destructive editing other than having a bunch of layers for each vocal track which seems awfully redundant.

DAW's:
Studio One Professional 6.5.2
Pro Tools Studio 2023.12.1

Computer:
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
OWC Aura Pro X2 1 TB
AMD FirePro D300 2 GB
Mac OS 12.7.3 Monterey

Interface:
Audient EVO 16 w/ two Audient SP8's

Monitor:
LG 32' LCD connected via HDMI
Samsung 27" LCD connected via HDMI to Thunderbolt adapter
by Tacman7 on Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:39 am
You need a flowchart!

After comping bounce all the pieces. Saving a copy of that would let you go back to a dry version later if need be.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Lokeyfly on Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:13 am
mikesupina wrote: "It doesn't seem that you can put melodyne on the event, then use revoice on the same event.".

No you can't edit both together and that's probably a good thing. Bounce the first edits you made in Melodyne. Then you have a fresh event for revoice. Melodyne and revoice are two different entities. Melodyne uses ARA2 technology and works hand in hand with Studio One (and other DAW's) this way.

The same would hold true for editing with revoice. Bounce your edits first, then open in Melodyne if you need further edits. Remember to perform a final bounce with Melodyne.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by mikesupina on Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:15 am
Lokeyfly wrote
mikesupina wrote: "It doesn't seem that you can put melodyne on the event, then use revoice on the same event.".

No you can't edit both together and that's probably a good thing. Bounce the first edits you made in Melodyne. Then you have a fresh event for revoice. Melodyne and revoice are two different entities. Melodyne uses ARA2 technology and works hand in hand with Studio One (and other DAW's) this way.

The same would hold true for editing with revoice. Bounce your edits first, then open in Melodyne if you need further edits. Remember to perform a final bounce with Melodyne.

Got ya! It looks like I'll have to come up with a good workflow for all of this. At the least, I should probably keep a melodyne playlist so that I can go back to that if I need to, then commit the revoice stuff, and if I have to do new revoice pro stuff, just reinstantiate revoice pro and start over. I guess there are a few different ways I could go about it; I just have to find the right workflow that works for me.

Thanks for the reply!

DAW's:

Computer:
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
OWC Aura Pro X2 1 TB
AMD FirePro D300 2 GB
Mac OS 12.7.3 Monterey

Interface:

Monitor:
LG 32' LCD connected via HDMI
Samsung 27" LCD connected via HDMI to Thunderbolt adapter
by mikesupina on Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:16 am
Tacman7 wroteYou need a flowchart!

After comping bounce all the pieces. Saving a copy of that would let you go back to a dry version later if need be.

Got ya! so I imagine you mean saving a copy of it with the ARA on it so I can get back to it if I need to?

DAW's:

Computer:
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
OWC Aura Pro X2 1 TB
AMD FirePro D300 2 GB
Mac OS 12.7.3 Monterey

Interface: