15 posts
Page 1 of 1
.. its not actively loaded by default?

Screenshot 2023-06-02 171827.png
Screenshot 2023-06-02 171827.png (22.65 KiB) Viewed 1388 times

I would love the ability to replace this default chain with something useful, like SSL Channel strips or Console 1 channel strips, but Studio One does not load this default preset ever. Even when you create a new track via the Add Track dialog, the FX Chain defaults to "No Preset".

What gives?

Windows 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 9 3950x, 128GB RAM, Studio One 6.1.1, Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
by SwitchBack on Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:31 am
Set up your preferred default FX chain and then click 'Replace FX Chain "default"' maybe?
by firegs on Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:33 am
Ive done that, but it still loads a blank chain every time. It simply does not load what is the "default" chain.

Windows 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 9 3950x, 128GB RAM, Studio One 6.1.1, Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
by Tacman7 on Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:30 am
If you start a song with a template that you create then you can set everything up like you want it.

It says you can replace the preset 'default' so you can change it and save it.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by firegs on Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:31 am
Tacman7 wroteIf you start a song with a template that you create then you can set everything up like you want it.

Good to put your specs in your signature, click below in my signature.

Even with a song template, if you drag in new audio to a new track, or create a new track, the default chain never loads.

by Tacman7 on Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:40 am
So you're not saying you can't change the default you just want it to activate itself automatically.

I wouldn't like that.

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by firegs on Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:47 am
Tacman7 wroteSo you're not saying you can't change the default you just want it to activate itself automatically.

I wouldn't like that.

Correct -- I can change the default, but the default then never loads. There are LOTS of Softube Console 1 and SSL UC1 users that would want to have the plugins/channel strips load by default on every track.

There are users that would like to have a VU Meter on by default on every track.

There's tons of reasons why someone would want default plugins to load on every track. It seems like there's already a way to set a "default" chain, but S1 doesn't implement it. So, whats the point of even having a chain called "Default" if it doesn't load by default?

by Lokeyfly on Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:49 am
I can only guess that Defaukt meant an open clean slate which users would want more times than not.

So if you simply had 5 major go-to setups, why not name them, and not worry about default? Theyd all be just as visible. One might be "Meter start", another SSL-G w/Pre Amp.

Perhaps to your point, default could have been named "blank".

If there's a ton of reasons for default as a startup, there's probably at least as many reasons to have concrete names for the task at hand.
Just offering this kind of alternative. You may already have that in place. I just dont think "default" is a very descriptive name on its own. It tends to be clear (me thinks) that it's blank.
But I don't wish to go into semantics.

Curious, so default never loads? I'll have to check that. There may be something wrong with it.
Last edited by Lokeyfly on Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by firegs on Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:51 am
So the point is that I'd love for there to be a way to actually define a global preset. If I add a new track, automatically add a default chain.

by Lokeyfly on Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:10 pm
firegs wroteSo the point is that I'd love for there to be a way to actually define a global preset. If I add a new track, automatically add a default chain.

Got it. Yes, a global preset would be useful. Be it any name.
Of course without having to implement a template.
Makes sense.

Just hearing myself think, you could select all or desired tracks (shift and/or Control) and for example my "Default" in the [F5] Effects Tab has under it is, Gate, Compressor, and Pro EQ.

If I alt + drag the [default] out to any of my highlighted channels, they all get the Gate + Comp + Pro EQ in one shot. Super fast.
Would that help?
How my default has the 3 plugins combined in it, I forget what I did. It was quite a while ago. But that can be globally implemented. Give that a try.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Tacman7 on Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:08 pm
I haven't used track templates but we have them now, that would be quicker?

Forum Moderator.

by firegs on Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:39 pm
Track template only works if you think about it beforehand which in my book is the same as having to insert the plugin afterwards.

Imagine you're dragging in sfx for a post project, or loops from the browser/library, you hear what you like and click and drag to a new track. Ideally you'd want to be able to immediately be able to use your SSL or Console one. You don't want to break that workflow by inserting a sound and reaching for a physical knob that doesn't work, stopping, changing to the console page and inserting a plugin. Think about how a real channel strip on a console works -- you hear a sound and you have EQ and compressor controls that just work.

by Lokeyfly on Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:48 pm
@ firegs. Just repeating this question....

Lokeyfly wrote: "you could select all or desired tracks (shift and/or Control) and for example my "Default" in the [F5] Effects Tab has under it, a Gate, Compressor, and Pro EQ.

If I alt + drag the [default] out to any of my highlighted channels, they all get the Gate + Comp + Pro EQ in one shot. Super fast.
Would that help?"

That can be accomplished with virtually any fx chain, preset.......

Got to run. Just was hoping to hear your take on alt + dragging to preselected channels.

With that, I get your request. I'd even vote for it so you know what to do on the FR front.

Just my silly and my miniscule opinion, but I'm sort of amazed at how accessable S1 effects, presets, and plugins are. That's not to say other folks should be as well. I just like flying from the seat of my pants.
I'm convinced under any situation, pulling up certain pre configured channel strips at a given default, or Pro EQ with LP and HP filters already preset, etc, are a click away (or two).

That. Said, I'd vote and respect your workflow too.
Dial it up. Others will likely vote for it.
Seriously FR it.

*Btw, I'm not a fanboy. I have my own head nodding occurences with S1. Just taking the good with the bad. I hope the Alt + drag workaround helps.
Last edited by Lokeyfly on Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by firegs on Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

by Lokeyfly on Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:03 pm
Voted it up.

Originally asked on 2016 by Niles.

Recatagorzed 2018

Is there anybody home? (In the Question location.)
No need to answer that.

Anyway, thanks firegs! I voted for yours, and for Niles' as well.
👍

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

15 posts
Page 1 of 1