10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Dear Forum. As a newcomer to home recording, I am unable to get direct routing (specifically via headphones from channel output 3 on the interface or 7/8) of my microphones (1 vocal mic and 7 "drum" mics) using my Focusrite 18i20 3rd Gen. Neither via Cue mix in the SEND settings in the mixer, nor otherwise.

Possibly it is also due to the settings in Focusrite Control, however I followed relevant Youtube video tutorials and it still doesn't work.

Can anyone help me here; I also posted screenshots of my settings in Studio one and focusrite control here in the thread if that helps in finding the problem.

Attachments
Bild4.png
Mix
Bild3.png
Inputs
Bild2.png
Outputs
Bild1.png
Focusrite control settings
by Trucky on Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:47 am
Welcome to the Forum!

Cue mixes in Studio One "Output" settings require stereo pairs.
You also need to click to add checkmarks in the Cue Mix column to enable them as shown here:

The Cue Mixes will be added here as shown:

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by elmar.janek on Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:18 am
Thank you for your answer!
But i still got the same issue. I plugged the drum headphones into output 3 and do not hear the sound of my drumset microphones...? This is so frustrating because for instance i hear the click or sound of the pc (youtube etc.).

To be honest i think I'm literally just "one click" away to get the problem solved but can't figure out if it is an issue in FOCUSRITE Control or studio 1.

Any ideas?
THX in advance
by Trucky on Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:26 am
Post screenshots of what you have now after setting cue mixes up the way I told you.

Be sure to configure Focusrite Control so it routes the I/O to match the settings in Studio One.

OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by elmar.janek on Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:34 pm
Hi Trucky,

So here i made the screenshots of actual settings. Maybe not unimportant to mention is that i chose the output settings in FOCUSRITE Control as system playback.

I hope the solution is within my grasp :cry:

Attachments
Settings System playback.png
Outputs.png
Mix.png
Inputs.png
FOCUSRITE control.png
by Trucky on Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:33 pm
Click and drag up the horizontal line above "Cue Mix" in the Mix view to show the cue mixes.
Then post a screenshot that should now show both of your cue mixes.

by elmar.janek on Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:39 pm
Hi Trucky, here is the screenshot but i still can not hear the drums through the headphones via output 3...?

I just don't get it....

Attachments
cue mix.png
by Trucky on Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:39 pm
Your I/O setup in Studio One for cue mixes looks correct.
Don't forget that cue mixes in Studio One are stereo so it should be Outputs 3/4.
Plug cables from there on your Focusrite 18i20 to your headphone amplifier.
Is the cue mix for Outputs 7/8 working?
If so, as a test try using Outputs 5/6 or another pair instead of Outputs 3/4.

I'm not familiar with Focusrite Control so I'd recommend submitting a support ticket to Focusrite for assistance with routing settings for your Focusrite 18i20.

by elmar.janek on Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:34 am
Hi Trucky.

I just can't get the system to run. No sound coming out of output 7/8 as well. I guess there is no "easy" solution for this problem.

Thx anyway
by Trucky on Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:42 am
Did you submit a support ticket to Focusrite for assistance with Focusrite Control routing settings for your Focusrite 18i20?

10 posts
Page 1 of 1