2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Has anyone created or have a link to an Eric Johnson chorus pre-set? I would love to re-create the sound he gets on "Forty Mile Town" Thanks
by Vocalpoint on Wed May 31, 2023 1:04 pm
jonabrundage wroteHas anyone created or have a link to an Eric Johnson chorus pre-set? I would love to re-create the sound he gets on "Forty Mile Town" Thanks

LOVE Eric. Here is a solid rundown of gear used on this track (circa the Ah Via Musicom period) via Vintage Guitar:

For Ah Via Musicom, he used his fabled 1954 and ’58 sunburst Stratocasters, as well as an early-’60s ES-335 for much of “Cliffs of Dover” (along with a Chandler Tube Driver).

A Marshall 100-watt half-stack and Maestro Echoplex EP-3 completed the studio rig, and live he also deployed a Howard Dumble head (“It’s like an overgrown Twin with lots of voltage running through it”), through a Marshall 4×12 with a Tube Screamer, Fuzz Face, and MXR digital delay.

For clean tones of the period, there were a couple of old Fender Reverbs set about halfway, with a TC Electronic chorus and Echoplex, to help Johnson achieve bell-like chord effects. He also preferred to turn the Marshall’s Presence and Treble knobs down all the way, to help conjure his much-admired violin tone.

Looks like you should consider looking into the TC and see if this works for ya:

https://www.tcelectronic.com/product.ht ... Code=P0D7Y

Probably about as close as one can get without actually having Eric stop by....

Cheers!

VP

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM

2 posts
Page 1 of 1