14 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am Ableton Live user. Trying to use S1 as parallel tool (possibly switching to S1), but every time I get into S1 I get stuck on something.

I have issues with playing video in LIVE and the entire video thing in LIVE is a total disaster.

Started S1
- placed the same video file (works fine)
- added 2 tracks and recorded some midi (all OK)
- added 3rd track with Omnisphere

then I needed SCALER

I placed Scaler on the same track (where Omnisphere was). S1 created new track. OK- fine.

Now I hear the sound from Scaler but not omnisphere. When I try to ARM Omnisphere track, the buttons are disabled. Something like this had happened to me already in the past and I just gave up. Really - this thing is not intuitive for me or perhaps I need a brain transplant from somebody using ProTools for 50yrs.

I Ableton I can place both plugins on the same track (just create a group), Super simple and intuitive. I do not understand why such a simple task has to be so counterintuitive in S1 ?

I know there is this mind-bending concept of TRACKS vs CHANNELS, possibly this is the problem, but why this entire thing can't be somehow simplified ?

What am I doing wrong ?
Nesting several plugins is a normal thing, why this has to be so complicated ?

Intel i9/24-core, RAM-64Gb, M.2-NVME-4TB, 4xHD-18Tb
Win10/64-Pro. Studio One + (v6.2+)
BEHRIUNGER-UMC-404, KompleteKontrol KBD Mk1/61key, Arturia-MINI-LAB mk2 (25key), Novation LAUNCH-CONTROL-XL, M-AUDIO - TrigerFinger, M-AUDIO Studio Monitors.
by Tacman7 on Tue May 30, 2023 7:30 am
I think it's just a matter of time, good to keep your brain cells working learning new things.

Scalar is an instrument, lot like arpeggiators or composer plugins, they generate midi output.

So it can't be used as an insert. When you put that type of plugin on a track the midi output will show up for your other instruments that you have in the song as an input. So you choose that input then hit the monitor button and you'll hear the incoming midi on that track.

Back to your scalar track... it has its own sound module now and so it will make noise on its own audio channel.
So you need to turn that off if you don't want to hear it, in scalar or turn the slider down on the track.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by edmisik on Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:57 pm
It's a learning curve to be sure. I previously used S1 vs 4.x and then went to Bitwig (for the reason you said and the clip launching) and just returned to S1.

Assuming you want to use Scaler 2 not for the sound but for a pattern or performance or something, you need to mess with the inputs in the Instrument panel of the vst you want the sound to come out of.

You need to have the 2 vst's on different tracks. in Bitwig and I assume Ableton you just drag the Scaler vst into whatever vst you want the sound to come out of, turn off the scaler 2 sound and you are good to go unless you want to hear both instruments. Couldnt be easier. I do the same thing with Komplete Kontrol if i just want something simple.

All DAW's have advantages and disadvantages. I would say S1, Bitwig, and Ableton are all great..they are just different. I suggest you set this up and make it a template so you dont have to screw around with it anymore.

GoTo for music:
-HP Z420 Workstation 32GB Xeon 3.70 Ghz Win10Pro Studio One 6
-Audient EVO4, Komplete Kontrol s61 MKI, Launchpad x, Multiple shared hard drives.
Other stuff:
Orba1, Donner DMK25Pro, Thinkpad x240 Win10. Thinkpad Chromebook, Pixel4xl
Studio One Remote does not work in Chromebook
by PreAl on Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:15 pm
I will be stealing the title of this thread for my gravestone.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Lokeyfly on Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:13 pm
Obviously, arthurklisiewicz1 (OP) hasnt' seen me trying to get around in Ableton Live. Now that's dumb at its finest.

.......and I'm good with that.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by arthurklisiewicz1 on Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:25 pm
For me it is not only a matter of learning but few other things.
- I have some work to get done (no time to play) and I am super unproductive
- OK, I can find tutorials on things everywhere, but my point is how to deal when I get stuck ! ?

When I get stuck, there is most often no easy solution because posted solutions refer to myriad of cases and details which I cannot identify with. When I have no sound - there could be 100 reasons. When I got messed up something and cannot go back (CTRL-Z) I do not know what have I messed up etc. It is a sort of "I do not know what I do not know"....

My feeling at the moment is that ABLETON is much more intuitive, and from the beginning I remember that their priority is to keep things simple and intuitive. That possibly leads to less features, but who knowe, perhaps sometimes less features might end up with more productivity.
Initially, I was super impressed with amount of features in S1. That is how I got sold on this software, but not I have lots of doubts...

Intel i9/24-core, RAM-64Gb, M.2-NVME-4TB, 4xHD-18Tb
Win10/64-Pro. Studio One + (v6.2+)
BEHRIUNGER-UMC-404, KompleteKontrol KBD Mk1/61key, Arturia-MINI-LAB mk2 (25key), Novation LAUNCH-CONTROL-XL, M-AUDIO - TrigerFinger, M-AUDIO Studio Monitors.
by robertpaczkowski on Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:30 am
I tried Ableton and I liked it's "instrument freeze" implementation - the MIDI routing between tracks and plugins was preserved after "unfreezing". The downside I found was that the VST instrument can only receive MIDI Channel 1 from other VST tracks which makes it impossible to work with multi-channel MIDI sequencers.

Studio One 6 Pro; OS: Win.10 Pro
Computer: Dell Precision M4700 Mobile Workstation, i7-3740QM 16 GB RAM, 256GB System SSD; 2TB Library SSD; 1TB Projects SSD, 4TB Backup HDD
Audio Interface: M-Audio ProFire 2626; M-Audio Air 192-6
MIDI Controllers: Roland A49, Korg MicroKontrol, Korg PadKontrol, Peavey Studiomix, NI Kore 2
by Vocalpoint on Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:02 am
arthurklisiewicz1 wrote My feeling at the moment is that ABLETON is much more intuitive, and from the beginning I remember that their priority is to keep things simple and intuitive. That possibly leads to less features, but who knows, perhaps sometimes less features might end up with more productivity. Initially, I was super impressed with amount of features in S1. That is how I got sold on this software, but now I have lots of doubts...

Judging by the tone in all your posts - you are clearly "fighting" some odd notion to break free of Ableton (which so far has not been clearly explained as to why) and each one of these posts always seems to circle back to how "good" Ableton is and how "not good" S1 is.

If you really "Have some work to get done (no time to play) and I am super unproductive" - i need to ask you again - why S1 at all?

Personally, I could not come up with a single reason to suddenly switch away from a my "go-to" DAW especially if there is "work" to be done AND the switch is making me super unproductive?

I am really trying to understand the logic behind these posts - but unfortunately, I still do not.

VP
Last edited by Vocalpoint on Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

DAW: Studio One Pro 6.5.1.96553 | Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME z790-A | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600K | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | Graphics: Intel UHD 770 (HDMI) | Audio Interface: RME UCX II (v1.246) | OS Drive : Samsung 990 PRO (1TB) | Media Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB) | Libraries: Samsung 970 EVO+ (2TB) | Samples : Seagate FireCuda (2TB) | Monitoring: Presonus Monitor Station v2 + Presonus Eris 5 | MIDI Control: Native Instruments Komplete S61 & Presonus ATOM
by BobF on Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:24 am
I miss Project 5

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by peterbirch on Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:29 am
I miss bars and pipes

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
Win 10 pro -- I7cpu 16gb. and Z590 Vision D 32GB & 11700
UAD Octo card UAD Apollo Twin USB and Apollo x4
Faderport 8, Faderport classic. Atom SQ
by Tacman7 on Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:43 am
Was that on the Amiga?

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by klypeman on Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:00 am
Yes, it was on Amiga, and I miss it too.
Happily I have moved on to better and bigger things to work with.

Forum Moderator.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by garybowling on Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:38 am
I miss Texture.

Best midi package ever or at least that's my nostalgic remembrance of it :)

But really, I have something important to do, no time to fiddle about... So I'm opening up S1 v6.1.2 now and getting to work.

ASUS laptop (AMD 5900HX), 32G, 2x2TB SSD, Win11-64, RME UFX & BabyFace, Studio One Pro 6, Addictive Drums2, Izotope 10, Soothe2, Waves, many plugins, Melodyne Studio 5, all versions updated frequently

The Moderns,
https://open.spotify.com/artist/1x6Fd133GftlRyRYl0xgjf
by peterbirch on Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:08 pm
@Tacman Yes bars and pipes was Amiga but even then I thought it was just colourful rubbish. Now someone mentioned texture. There was music creation program, I think it was Texture, that ran on an Atari. The one I'm thinking of was by Roger someone I think and it involved recording short clips which were stacked vertically. I remember I actually produced some good sounds out of that.

Studio One 5.5.2 - studio 192, - 1818VSL, - Digimax FS, Presonus HP4 x2 Presonus Notion 6,
Win 10 pro -- I7cpu 16gb. and Z590 Vision D 32GB & 11700
UAD Octo card UAD Apollo Twin USB and Apollo x4
Faderport 8, Faderport classic. Atom SQ

14 posts
Page 1 of 1