12 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a faderport (usb), an arturia keylab (usb) and a yamaha motif (midi to usb cable)
Switched on this morning and only the faderport is recognised in external devices.
When I click on Add Device nothing happens except it checks or unchecks the 'tell me when external devices cant be found' box
This was all working ok last week.
None of the buttons in external devices do anything. I'm not even able to remove or edit the faderport.
Only 2 changes I made. I installed SSA drums free version and installed a new usb keyboard for typing. I've uninstalled SSA drums and gone back to the original keyboard.
I upgraded to the latest version of Studio One 6 artist after I discovered the issue but the result is still the same
Any idea why I can't do anything in the external devices page?

Windows 10
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
64mb RAM (2x32)
Integral 2TB SSD NVME M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4x4 R-4850MB/s W-4400MB/s IOPS R-620K W-630K TLC M2 Solid State Drive
MSI A520M-A PRO Motherboard mATX - AM4, DDR4 Boost (4600MHz/OC), 1 x PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 x M.2 Gen3 x4, Gigabit LAN

Studio one Artist 6
AudioBox USB
Arturia Keylab 61 mk2
Yamaha Morif 6
Presonus Faderport
Behringer Eurodesk
by PreAl on Mon May 29, 2023 7:43 am
Under Help menu can you see your settings folder where all the device files are? If there is an empty folder you may need to copy the files over from the previous version.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Tacman7 on Mon May 29, 2023 8:21 am
Welcome to the Forum!

I prefer legacy midi cables for a big reason, you have to have usb devices plugged in and running before you boot up S1. Legacy midi, I can plug in a keyboard and start playing, usb need to reboot S1.

So that may be some of what you're experiencing.

See in my devices, I have a lot of things that are not plugged in, I plug them in before I boot up S1 if I need to use something. I'm editing one of the devices, you see I click the receive from dropdown?
That shows the midi ports the OS is making available to S1.
ExternalDev.JPG

S1 can't make anything be there, just has to take what is available. That's where you would see if you need to reboot or if there's a problem with the system midi.

My devices stay there but become inactive until I plug one in.

Good to get a screen shot and let us know about your equipment.

You can put your specs in your signature by clicking below in my siganture.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by PreAl on Mon May 29, 2023 8:29 am
Tacman7 wroteyou have to have usb devices plugged in and running before you boot up S1. Legacy midi, I can plug in a keyboard and start playing, usb need to reboot S1.

I don't have that issue at all. For example I can leave my A-300 keyboard controller off, start Studio One, open a song which has a track set up to play with A-300 keyboard, turn the keyboard on which fires up the USB driver, and start playing 5 seconds later.

Furthermore I can turn off and turn on the keyboard during sessions and nothing gets muddled, I know this used to screw things up but not any more.

Using Windows 11 and Studio One Pro 6.1.2.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Tacman7 on Mon May 29, 2023 8:38 am
The only device that I can do that with is qukey and I think the seaboard.

That was always the way it was, if it's changed it's not the devices, maybe the OS.

When I use an 8port usb midi interface, it has to be up before software, general rule but maybe things are changing.

Just something the OP should check and see if what he plugs in shows up in devices.

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by PreAl on Mon May 29, 2023 8:46 am
I think this is an old legacy issue, I don't get that problem with any USB devices any more.

Studio One does have a "Reconnect" button under external devices, but I don't see the use for it any more, I never have to press it. Maybe it's more useful for Macs. I'm pretty sure it was like this under Windows 10 as well, certainly fine with Windows 11.

by sandystewart1 on Mon May 29, 2023 3:54 pm
Thanks for the replies all. I’ll post screenshots tomorrow. I’ve updated my signature.
Just built the new pc last week and transferred S1 to it. All was working fine.
Notably, I was unable to connect the Arturia Keylab 61 mk3 to the Analogue labs programs as stand alone. The analogue labs programs were mostly fine in the DAW. Now, the Arturia is connecting to Analogue labs. I tried removing the keyboard from the Artiria midi control centre but it made no difference. Still nothing (including the Motif) shownig up in S1.
I’ll try a direct midi connection from my Audiobox interface tomorrow.

Windows 10
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
64mb RAM (2x32)
Integral 2TB SSD NVME M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4x4 R-4850MB/s W-4400MB/s IOPS R-620K W-630K TLC M2 Solid State Drive
MSI A520M-A PRO Motherboard mATX - AM4, DDR4 Boost (4600MHz/OC), 1 x PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 x M.2 Gen3 x4, Gigabit LAN

Studio one Artist 6
AudioBox USB
Arturia Keylab 61 mk2
Yamaha Morif 6
Presonus Faderport
Behringer Eurodesk
by PreAl on Mon May 29, 2023 4:26 pm
Perhaps you could update the driver's and firmware:
https://www.arturia.com/products/keylab61/resources.

Similar perhaps with your audio interface (what is it?).

Have you run the latest Universal control and updated drivers and firmware?

You've tried a reboot I assume?

by sandystewart1 on Wed May 31, 2023 2:48 am
PreAl wroteUnder Help menu can you see your settings folder where all the device files are? If there is an empty folder you may need to copy the files over from the previous version.

The folder was empty. I copied the Arturia folder over from the laptop. The device file is there now but I still dont have the option to add new devices. Clicking ADD just checks or unchecks the box below. I restarted Studio one after moving the folder.

I can't even remove the Faderport. Nothing in the external devices tab is working

Attachments
S1 external devices 1.PNG

Windows 10
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
64mb RAM (2x32)

Studio one Artist 6
AudioBox USB
Arturia Keylab 61 mk2
Yamaha Morif 6
Presonus Faderport
Behringer Eurodesk
by Tacman7 on Wed May 31, 2023 7:24 am
In the picture I posted I clicked on an existing device, then clicked edit.

See if you get that dialog that I did and click the receive from dropdown then see what midi devices are presented to S1 from the OS.

That's what I'm curious about, do you get anything selecting your only device and hit edit?

Forum Moderator.

by PreAl on Wed May 31, 2023 9:11 am
PreAl wrotePerhaps you could update the driver's and firmware:
https://www.arturia.com/products/keylab61/resources.

Similar perhaps with your audio interface (what is it?).

Have you run the latest Universal control and updated drivers and firmware?

You've tried a reboot I assume?

by sandystewart1 on Wed May 31, 2023 11:46 pm
Rebooted and updated drivers. There was an update for the Arturia driver.
I uninstalled anything that might be connected to the Arturia. Keylab V etc as well as a version of Reaper.
If I double click on the Faderport in setting the menu in the pic attached comes up. Everything is there as an option to select for the From and To dropdowns.
Still the same behaviour from the Add, Edit etc buttons.

Attachments
faderport edit page.png

Windows 10
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
64mb RAM (2x32)

Studio one Artist 6
AudioBox USB
Arturia Keylab 61 mk2
Yamaha Morif 6
Presonus Faderport
Behringer Eurodesk

12 posts
Page 1 of 1