3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I own both purchased (from years of using S1) products and a current subscription to Presonus Sphere.

I would like to be able to easily identify which are 'perpetual licences' (to borrow a term from elsewhere) versus which are subscriptions. While I habitually create stems to mitigate risk, I want to know if I'm using something on a production that will cease to be available if my subscription has to end and note that in the track information.

I've found it almost impossible to determine which is which from the products page. I suspect I'm probably missing something simple here!

In particular today I'm trying to work out which Notion instruments I own versus which are part of the subscription. That is more significant to me since I can't easily create stems in Notion. However, this is true also for S1 plugins and expansions.

<aside>
It looks very much to me as if standalone (non-mobile) Notion has reached the end of life in the eyes of Presonus. Not quite abandonware but no updates since 2016 speak volumes.

I appreciate and use extensively, the Notion-derived score editor in S1 but a Notator (even one that is angled more at composition than engraving) and a DAW are entirely different tools to my mind.

Disappointing if this is the case, Notion has been in my toolkit many years prior to the purchase by Presonus, and I'd not want to return to Sibelius.
</aside>

Studio One 6 (Windows 11 22H2) | Dorico 5/ Notion 6| Focusrite 18i20 | Korg D1 | Hammond SK1 | Korg Prologue 8 | Sledge 2.0 | Maschine MK3 | Faderport 8 | X-Touch One|Self-designed Hardware Synths

https://www.yizakat.com

Friend of Bill

by Tacman7 on Sun May 28, 2023 8:06 pm
I noticed that there's a Sphere logo on the two products I don't own when I look at my products page.

SphereOwn.JPG

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by Tuoni64 on Sun May 28, 2023 8:40 pm
Yep thanks, I think that might be it.

I had ignored this because all the Notion Instruments show the Sphere logo however it turns out these are just the expansions (which I don't own but do have a sub for). The bundled instruments (which I do) are listed on the same page as Notion itself. I find this a little confusing but there ya go...

As you say, Notion 6 shows up without the Sphere logo as do my older versions of S1.

Cheers.

Studio One 6 (Windows 11 22H2) | Dorico 5/ Notion 6| Focusrite 18i20 | Korg D1 | Hammond SK1 | Korg Prologue 8 | Sledge 2.0 | Maschine MK3 | Faderport 8 | X-Touch One|Self-designed Hardware Synths

https://www.yizakat.com

Friend of Bill

3 posts
Page 1 of 1